We need a Larry Allen type guard. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need a Larry Allen type guard.

We can’t count on dieter. Davis is not good at guard. He gets over powered. Honestly he is better at right tackle. And I would prefer him to be swing tackle.

we def need one great linemen to really put this line over the top. Free agent or draft. Like one dominant linemen. I am tempted to go tackle at 3 so we can move hunt to guard but we need playmakers.

I would go ot at 18 if there is a plug and play tackle.

let’s keep in line our online was only better cause we compared in 2019

also I like hunt and Jackson kindey. But hearing that the draft was success because they started makes me laugh a bit. We tore down the team in 19. Draft picks should start.
Dieter is looking like a backup but we have a lot of kids to try and develop. We could add a FA like we did w Flowers. I guess I’m in the no corn fed this draft camp. Playmakers and am counting on us having a really good o-line as these young guys go into years 2 and 3. Agree on Davis. He’s super valuable as a swing tackle and a pinch hitter at guard or center when someone gets dinged up.

Sewell won the punt, pass and kick contest at the age of 3...I swear on Big Nasty's life.

You have to be specific.
Sentence 1 emmitt smith had an all star oline, not just Larry Allen. In fact Newton was as good if not better.

sentence 2 I’m not touching because I don’t want to violate the TOS

sentence 3 Sewell plays a completely different position than Allen and would still need a big jump by Jackson, Hunt, Kinley, and whoever plays center To be good little less 90’s cowboys territory.

sentence 4 I’m quite sure Gailey said that especially witnessing his poor passing concepts, but it’s simply not true. Running the ball simplifies things for the QB, RB, and the oline. There’s nothing olinemen like more than lining up and beating up on the guy in front of them. The qb loves the open lanes from play action. Running backs love the read, react, and catch me if you can.

I totally agree. Our guards are average at best. AVT will be available at 18. Davis or Humphrey in round 2 would be a help. We also need a tackle. Jackson being on the team at all is a classic example of drafting need over BPA in the 1st 2 rounds. We decided to overdraft Jackson because we needed a tackle, instead of using our draft capitol to move up slightly and take CeeDee Lamb. To correct that mistake, we are now considering passing on the best tackle prospect in a decade to overdraft a receiver at 1-3.

Sentence 1 emmitt smith had an all star oline, not just Larry Allen. In fact Newton was as good if not better.

sentence 2 I’m not touching because I don’t want to violate the TOS

sentence 3 Sewell plays a completely different position than Allen and would still need a big jump by Jackson, Hunt, Kinley, and whoever plays center To be good little less 90’s cowboys territory.

sentence 4 I’m quite sure Gailey said that especially witnessing his poor passing concepts, but it’s simply not true. Running the ball simplifies things for the QB, RB, and the oline. There’s nothing olinemen like more than lining up and beating up on the guy in front of them. The qb loves the open lanes from play action. Running backs love the read, react, and catch me if you can.
I would have loved you to be my good friend in high school. I could’ve paid you to do my English homework. In the end I just wanted to talk about sentence 2. You have fear so we can’t.

I would have loved you to be my good friend in high school. I could’ve paid you to do my English homework. In the end I just wanted to talk about sentence 2. You have fear so we can’t.

Not sure how you got the idea of English homework from my post? I said I had issues with everything you wrote in paragraph one. You pressed me to elaborate, so I did. Can you disagree with anything I said? As far as sentence 2, I believe it was comedian George Carlin who said it best. So we’ll leave it at that.

I love great Guard play, but I really think that Kindley and Hunt could be that answer. Guards generally gain weight and power as they develop... and these two were already pretty good.

Flores/Grier definitely built the team on the inside out plan. Wilkins, Davis, Kindley, Hunt... bang bang bang... all to solidify the lines.

Back
Top Bottom