We need a Larry Allen type guard. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need a Larry Allen type guard.

Why? Lol! Did KC/TB have a Larry Allen type guard?

I love great Guard play, but I really think that Kindley and Hunt could be that answer. Guards generally gain weight and power as they develop... and these two were already pretty good.

Flores/Grier definitely built the team on the inside out plan. Wilkins, Davis, Kindley, Hunt... bang bang bang... all to solidify the lines.
I agree. The one thing I love about Coach Flores is we wants to maximize the South Florida weather. The Heat and humidity is a huge advantage. Especially for a guy like Kindley. He seemed pretty motivated when he was drafted to get his weight in check. Wondering if he could ever play center?

Not sure how you got the idea of English homework from my post? I said I had issues with everything you wrote in paragraph one. You pressed me to elaborate, so I did. Can you disagree with anything I said? As far as sentence 2, I believe it was comedian George Carlin who said it best. So we’ll leave it at that.
In the end it’s best to never care. I could right the most perfect post and there would still be people who are critical. The thing with faith is it plays a very large role in our locker room. Look at all the players we drafted in 2020. They have faith.

I totally agree. Our guards are average at best. AVT will be available at 18. Davis or Humphrey in round 2 would be a help. We also need a tackle. Jackson being on the team at all is a classic example of drafting need over BPA in the 1st 2 rounds. We decided to overdraft Jackson because we needed a tackle, instead of using our draft capitol to move up slightly and take CeeDee Lamb. To correct that mistake, we are now considering passing on the best tackle prospect in a decade to overdraft a receiver at 1-3.
In addition to not simply drafting the next top WR prospect in Jefferson. But we HAD to get that OT even though there was a considerable drop off after the top 4.

I have posted this exact sentiment basically word for word so many times that I'm not fully convinced we aren't the same person.

If we can get 2 more starting caliber oline players, this oline could become good. Penei Sewell @ 3 and a free agent olineman like Joe Thuney would do it. Or Rashawn Slater at 18

In the end it’s best to never care. I could right the most perfect post and there would still be people who are critical. The thing with faith is it plays a very large role in our locker room. Look at all the players we drafted in 2020. They have faith.
I don’t have any problem with people of faith. I just believe religion, much like politics, does not have a place on this part of the forums. Regardless, back on topic. I still don’t think a Dallas oline means what it used to(especially since we don’t have a quality running back little less an HOFer like Smith). Its a passing league now. A strong running game can get you to the playoffs but it’s the qb and the passing game that’ll win you a super bowl. So I’d rather load up on skill players since we’ve already spent high draft picks on the oline.

We consolidated all of the Watson threads.... its time to do the same with all these Sewell threads every damn day.

M

I don’t have any problem with people of faith. I just believe religion, much like politics, does not have a place on this part of the forums. Regardless, back on topic. I still don’t think a Dallas oline means what it used to(especially since we don’t have a quality running back little less an HOFer like Smith). Its a passing league now. A strong running game can get you to the playoffs but it’s the qb and the passing game that’ll win you a super bowl. So I’d rather load up on skill players since we’ve already spent high draft picks on the oline.
A strong running attack doesn’t hurt. Look at Derrick Henry. He has Rodger Saffold III blocking for him. The same guy Todd Gurley had for the Rams. You put a stud LG or RG it goes a long way. It opens the lanes. Zach Martin for the Cowboys, man Zeke must get him a really nice birthday and Christmas present each year.

If we can get 2 more starting caliber oline players, this oline could become good. Penei Sewell @ 3 and a free agent olineman like Joe Thuney would do it. Or Rashawn Slater at 18
Gaskin would easily be a 1000 yard rusher.

I do agree that the offensive line needs one more dominant type player.

I love Sewell as a prospect, but I wouldn't dream on that. Most likely Miami will trade down from #3.

To me, it makes sense to find both a center and maybe a right tackle. The Dolphins could move Hunt inside.

Another point, Miami needs a running back to complement Gaskin and Ahmed. A power back who can get you those tough yards.

Hopefully a power back with instincts, who consistently finds the right running lanes. I don't know if fans talk enough about running backs making the right decisions, but that is huge.

Last edited:
We should just spend our 1st rounder every year on more OL. A strong run game goes a long way, as evidenced by no Super Bowl winning team in recent memory

Back
Top Bottom