We need a Larry Allen type guard. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need a Larry Allen type guard.

I do agree that the offensive line needs one more dominant type player.

I love Sewell as a prospect, but I wouldn't dream on that. Most likely Miami will trade down from #3.

To me, it makes sense to find both a center and maybe a right tackle. The Dolphins could move Hunt inside.

Another point, Miami needs a running back to complement Gaskin and Ahmed. A power back who can get you those tough yards.

Hopefully a power back with instincts, who consistently finds the right running lanes. I don't know fans talk enough about running backs making the right decisions, but that is huge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhamondre_Stevenson ????

Mixed reviews at the Senior Bowl, but I really like this kid. Very smooth for a big back. Good vision, short strider with excellent balance. He does a lot of things well.

He'd probably be there at 50.

p.s. I'm no fan of OU but a Norman double dip in rd 2 (Humphrey at 36) would not hurt my feelers in the slightest.

He'd probably be there at 50.

p.s. I'm no fan of OU but a Norman double dip in rd 2 (Humphrey at 36) would not hurt my feelers in the slightest.

There's a lot of depth at RB in this draft; I suspect he'll fall even further than that.

You want a fun watch about a guy who might fall WAY into the late rounds? Check out Jermar Jefferson out of Oregon State. I genuinely cannot figure out why he's getting zero buzz.

There's a lot of depth at RB in this draft; I suspect he'll fall even further than that.

You want a fun watch about a guy who might fall WAY into the late rounds? Check out Jermar Jefferson out of Oregon State. I genuinely cannot figure out why he's getting zero buzz.

I do recall him going off against Oregon this past season

The reason IMO for his lack of Buzz is that he played for the Beavers not the Ducks

I do recall him going off against Oregon this past season

The reason IMO for his lack of Buzz is that he played for the Beavers not the Ducks
Thats fan buzz. Scouts turn over every rock. It's pretty standard that even if the measurables are good, if the level of competition is questionable, a player will be seen as a late round prospect.

I know nothing of this individual, but suspect you are correct. A player from a weak school, in a perceived weak conference has strikes against going in.

Look at our own Myles Gaskin. Eye popping collegiate stats for four straight years, but was considered a late round flyer.

I'm not saying he's anything special, but he is a competent NFL player.

Did I just read Nate Newton being called better than Larry Allen?

Lolol, he was better at getting busted with drugs in his ride.

The only person who may of been considered better than Allen on the Dallas line was Erik Williams pre car crash. Dude manhandled Reggie White prior to his accident. He was a bad man. But Larry is one of the Goats at guard or even offensive linemen. Period.

Good luck finding another Larry. Nelson may be close but it's too early to say

Who would Emmitt Smith be without Larry Allen?

A guy who lead the league in rushing 3 times and made the All Pro team 3 times before Larry Allen was even drafted. Ricky Williams had who at guard the year he went for 1800+ yards? Out of all the positions I desire to occupy with a HOF talent a guard ain't it.

Last edited:
Larry Allen is in the conversation as one of the best football players of all time, to be clear. Saw the thread title, had to chime in.

I love me some OL, because I love my QBs.

Emmitt Smith deserves all his accolades but he was never the caliber of player his records indicate.

No question I would’ve rather had Peterson, Tomlinson, E. James, Ricky or Marshall Faulk in their prime, instead. I’m probably even forgetting a few.

Back
Top Bottom