We need a Larry Allen type guard. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need a Larry Allen type guard.

Thats fan buzz. Scouts turn over every rock. It's pretty standard that even if the measurables are good, if the level of competition is questionable, a player will be seen as a late round prospect.

I know nothing of this individual, but suspect you are correct. A player from a weak school, in a perceived weak conference has strikes against going in.

Look at our own Myles Gaskin. Eye popping collegiate stats for four straight years, but was considered a late round flyer.

I'm not saying he's anything special, but he is a competent NFL player.

In all seriousness, look at his film. Then dismiss him.

A fairly well-known draftnik on this board listed him as the 5th best underclassman RB in the draft.

Jackson to LG lol my god man wtf you talking about?
He’s a poor guard. His talents are pass blocking.

folks are forgetting he’s a year out from taking care of his sister. This dude will get it done by next season, either at RT or LT. Hard to ignore Slater being there if he’s close to 18.

so much top heavy talent I’m just absolutely all in in a trade down + trade up strategy. Pick two folks 8 + 12 area and you can easily do it if you are disciplined and get your big haul for the 3rd overall

I mean who doesn't, Larry Allen is a once in a lifetime talent. Love the promise we've seen from Kinsley, he's a mauler type with potential.

Thats fan buzz. Scouts turn over every rock. It's pretty standard that even if the measurables are good, if the level of competition is questionable, a player will be seen as a late round prospect.

I know nothing of this individual, but suspect you are correct. A player from a weak school, in a perceived weak conference has strikes against going in.

Look at our own Myles Gaskin. Eye popping collegiate stats for four straight years, but was considered a late round flyer.

I'm not saying he's anything special, but he is a competent NFL player.

I don't know that the Pac12 is weak..... no weaker than the Big 12 IMO... rather a victim of Geography.

If my alma mater (U of Utah) plays an 8:00p game in Cali; its 9:00 p.m. here. By the time game ends, its usually after midnight on the east coast.

I'll counter your Gaskin analogy w/ that of Zach Moss. His stats were not quite as good as MG's plus ZM had durability issues.

The Utes do have a history of turning out competent NFL players at the next level but their legacy is not quite that of UW's. So, why then did Beefalo take Moss in the 3rd?

I don't know that the Pac12 is weak..... no weaker than the Big 12 IMO... rather a victim of Geography.

If my alma mater (U of Utah) plays an 8:00p game in Cali; its 9:00 p.m. here. By the time game ends, its usually after midnight on the east coast.

I'll counter your Gaskin analogy w/ that of Zach Moss. His stats were not quite as good as MG's plus ZM had durability issues.

The Utes do have a history of turning out competent NFL players at the next level but their legacy is not quite that of UW's. So, why then did Beefalo take Moss in the 3rd?
You may be right as far as fan perception, but I doubt location affects pro scout's opinions of players.

We should just spend our 1st rounder every year on more OL. A strong run game goes a long way, as evidenced by no Super Bowl winning team in recent memory
I agree w u about the run game.

But u think the Oline plays no part in the pass game? Hard to complete passes (and give WR's time to separate) when ur QB has no time to throw and ends up on his back consistently.

Also not saying we have to use a 1st rounder every year. We've used one on our current line (and my opinion is that he was a reach).

I'd prefer the Olineman we have to excel at pass pro as opposed to run blocking (sure, both would be great tho) bc I agree with half of your post.

You may be right as far as fan perception, but I doubt location affects pro scout's opinions of players.

I would hope that Scouts are impartial. Fans and the media? Not so much.

Case in point, me. I am geographically biased. I love the SEC & think the B1G is overrated.

p.s. the next time the media says anything critical of the buckeyes or steelers; it'll be the 1st IMO.

Even Moses needed God to part the Red Sea, so he and his people can cross over.
Does this have anything to do with Tua?

I'm left wondering where the hell is the talking snake?!

>>> No reference to Ken stabler (he was also a lefty for the historically impaired)!

Does this have anything to do with Tua?

I'm left wondering where the hell is the talking snake?!

>>> No reference to Ken stabler (he was also a lefty for the historically impaired)!
I think you are conflating Judaism with Christianity.

Tua = Jesus

You know? The walk on water, water into Budweiser guy.

Back
Top Bottom