we need Rick Williams back. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

we need Rick Williams back.

The only REAL difference between having and not having Williams in the back field is that without him we got better value in the draft after missing the playoffs. :D

darkmistress said:
The only REAL difference between having and not having Williams in the back field is that without him we got better value in the draft after missing the playoffs. :D
Good point.

The THREAT will not be the same, he's 30lbs lighter and a hippy now too! Just walk away!:tongue:

Also w/our O-line and our QB's struggling to even it out no RB was getting 1300 yards.

NYFINNER said:
The THREAT will not be the same, he's 30lbs lighter and a hippy now too! Just walk away!:tongue:
thats why i gave conditions for my quote.... i said if he gained some weight and stayed off the green..

texasPHINSfan said:
its not THAT easy to replace a 1300 yard back.... if its so easy, what happened last year? you honestly think whatever rookie we draft is going to hit that yardage on his first year in this league? with our o-line?

bottom line is, even if ricky doesn't give us 1800 or 1300 yards again, he gives us a threat - something opposing D's will have to respect... and sometimes thats bigger than yardage. (i.e. help feeley in the pocket).

I agree with your point about having a threat but with his quirky personality, team distractions, among countless other things including his not being the same Ricky we all saw or not even trying to be. The risk outweighs the reward, bottom line.

i understand you guys saying you don't want ricky back because he quit on the team, but saying you dont want him back because he smokes weed is just insane. i am a marijuana supporter by no means believe me, but i could venture a guess that 50% of the players on the miami dolphins smoke weed, and that is probably close to the percentage of players who smoke weed in the nfl, its extremely easy to make it so the drug test doesnt detect it. they're all potheads so i wouldnt make that a reason to not want him back.

I highly doubt it's 50%, and if it's so easy to make it so it can't be detected then why'd he pop positive so many times??? Cause he like's it too much or is to stupid. I don't even believe that he hasn't smoked in 4 months... that's just part of the plan, incase he wants to try and come back to get out of his debt. :shakeno:

No way in hell. This team is headed in a new direction, Ricky shouldn't be part of this. Not only is his heart not in it, he seems to only want to come back to make up his money. He wasn't even playing well in 2004, we can't expect him to do better than that.

i'll agree with you that the main reason hes coming back is to get out of his debt. but im just saying weed is more common than most of you think. its stupid to smoke but it doesnt affect your game any, unless your playing high haha, frankly i could care less if the man smoked 25 joints a day, as long as he doesnt do it before a game. you can't tell me players such as randy moss and ray lewis don't smoke weed. it doesnt seem to be affecting their game to much. the only factor here that we should care about is how hard he is willing to play and how much he cares about winning. thats the only real stat that matters with a player like ricky. and since theres no way of measuring something like that theres gonna be a risk, its just whether the dolphins are willing to take it or not....

You know IF Ricky comes back...we can always do something to keep him motivated...

clear.gif

:D

csabe said:
I agree with your point about having a threat but with his quirky personality, team distractions, among countless other things including his not being the same Ricky we all saw or not even trying to be. The risk outweighs the reward, bottom line.
considering it wouldn't cost us ANYthing to get him back, can you explain to me how the risks outweigh the rewards?

at best we get another 1,000 yard season out of him. at worst we are as we are right now.

I would have no problem taking him back as long as it doesn't affect our draft strategy. If the plan without Ricky is to draft a RB at two then that is what needs to happen. This guy weighs less than 200 lbs now and hasn't played football in over a year and has flaked out before and could do it again. Saban seems like a smart guy and I'm sure he wouldn't change his draft strategy just because Ricky says he is coming back, but I would be extremely upset if he did.

I am starting to thin kthat maybe you are Ricky himself by all of these threads that you start about Ricky.

i also think if we get ricky williams back that takes care of the runningback we need to draft, so we can draft either alex smith or braylon edwards, if we take edwards we have gus to run the helm. why not he did fine in minnesota when he took over for culpepper. granted we have no randy moss but i think chambers booker edwards and mcmichael are near equal to to moss campbell robinson and i forget who their TE was but he was decent. and i think ricky williams lamar gordon and travis minor can be better than bennet smith n moore in the linehan offense. i mean ricky williams is better than all 3 and he wont have to carry as much load in this offense. i think its perfect if he comes back AND he wants to play.

Back
Top Bottom