we need Rick Williams back. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

we need Rick Williams back.

Doktor Ivel

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Seriously, just look at his stats... i dont like what he did either, but we would be a way better team, if we had him....his ability is so great.
ricky-1.jpg

Doktor Ivel said:
Seriously, just look at his stats... i dont like what he did either, but we would be a way better team, if we had him....his ability is so great.
ricky-1.jpg

OMG MADDEN GAVE HIM 91 SPEED!!!!!!!!!! BRING HIM BACK SABAN!

I too thought RW was the man, but how could you want him back. He'll never be the same RB. It will be one incident after another. If he comes back and doesn't perform the team will believe that his hearts not in it, which will start the steam rolling down hill. Remember there's already a lot of fans and teamates that dispise him for what he did, it's not going to a re-uniting hugfest, and has a low probability of working out. IMO, if he comes back it's going to be to get out of his owed debt and not because he wants to play. Benson or Brown can produce good #'s too. ;)

NYFINNER said:
I too thought RW was the man, but how could you want him back. He'll never be the same RB. It will be one incident after another. If he comes back and doesn't perform the team will believe that his hearts not in it, which will start the steam rolling down hill. Remember there's already a lot of fans and teamates that dispise him for what he did, it's not going to a re-uniting hugfest, and has a low probability of working out. IMO, if he comes back it's going to be to get out of his owed debt and not because he wants to play. Benson or Brown can produce good #'s too. ;)
yea, but he was the best in the league when he last played.

In all honesty 1300 yards isnt impossible to replace. We dont need Ricky and all the head aches and distractions he would bring to the team. I loved him while he was here, but it is time to move on.

NYFINNER said:

on the contrary, what if williams just had a huge problem with wanny and norv's offense?

if thats the case, he straightens up (like he says he already has), gains a little more weight, and comes back ready to play i'll take him back.

you guys can hold grudges all day long if you want to, but i want to win!

gator_sensation said:
I still play with Ricky on madden. Last season I rushed for over 2,400 yards. Feeley threw for 39 TD's.
i edited him so that he wasnt on the game......then on my franchise when the 2004 season was over, i created him back on the game(about this time) in the offseason.....i made him 30 pounds lighter as well......i wish madden would have an attribute for "love of the game"

we dont need the drug user/loser on our team, the Miami Dolphins are way too good for him, trade him for whatever you can get and cut him lose, after we get our $8.6 that is

-- Victoria

DonShula84 said:
In all honesty 1300 yards isnt impossible to replace. We dont need Ricky and all the head aches and distractions he would bring to the team. I loved him while he was here, but it is time to move on.
don - it wasn't so much the stats as the respect and fear he required from opposing defenses.

the pass defense had to respect the run, as you had an NFL rushing title holder in the backfield.

and he is still a workhorse... the last back i can think of that you KNEW would pick up those 3rd and 1's...

texasPHINSfan said:
don - it wasn't so much the stats as the respect and fear he required from opposing defenses.

the pass defense had to respect the run, as you had an NFL rushing title holder in the backfield.

and he is still a workhorse... the last back i can think of that you KNEW would pick up those 3rd and 1's...

I know I greatly underrated Rickys value in that post, and like you if Saban decides Ricky should come back, and Ricky wants to come back and his heart is in it I'd take him back. I dont think it will happen though, and what kind of a distraction he'd be if he did come back worries me.

One terrific season... and then there was dope (A lot of it). He wasn't the best and is replaceable. I'm not looking for explanations, I just don't understand, how anyone could truly want him back after how he truly screwed the team. Again, if this never happened, I'd definitely still want him running for us, but I did... and now there's something else important to him = Weed. He will never B the same.

DonShula84 said:

:yeahthat:

DonShula84 said:
I know I greatly underrated Rickys value in that post, and like you if Saban decides Ricky should come back, and Ricky wants to come back and his heart is in it I'd take him back. I dont think it will happen though, and what kind of a distraction he'd be if he did come back worries me.
i'm with you...

but i think Saban might just convince ricky to come back.... even if he isn't the featured back but is for our short-yardage situations....

if anyone can bring ricky back, i think saban can.
the fact that they are already talking, and ricky made a point to SAY he hasn't smoked weed in 4 months... that is a HUGE step in the right direction.

even if he doesn't do us for 1800 yards again, i'd still welcome Ricky, the THREAT, back to our team.

NYFINNER said:
One terrific season... and then there was dope (A lot of it). He wasn't the best and is replaceable. I'm not looking for explanations, I just don't understand, how anyone could truly want him back after how he truly screwed the team. Again, if this never happened, I'd definitely still want him running for us, but I did... and now there's something else important to him = Weed. He will never B the same.

its not THAT easy to replace a 1300 yard back.... if its so easy, what happened last year? you honestly think whatever rookie we draft is going to hit that yardage on his first year in this league? with our o-line?

bottom line is, even if ricky doesn't give us 1800 or 1300 yards again, he gives us a threat - something opposing D's will have to respect... and sometimes thats bigger than yardage. (i.e. help feeley in the pocket).

Back
Top Bottom