We Need This Guy!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Need This Guy!!

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I have looked at all the available RBs in the upcoming draft, AND I really think that if we don't get R. Williams, or Fred Taylor, we need to trade up and draft William Green from Boston College, the dude has skills!!

He's 6'1, 215lbs. In his final year at BC he rushed for 1559 yards, with 10 TDs, averaged 5.9 yards per carry, had 23 receptions, for 250+yards. All this in only 10 games. He had a 300 yard game, and only had 1 game under 100 yards!! In the bowl game he had 135 or so rushing yards!!

This would be a great addition to our football team, unless we come up with a star RB in Free Agency or trade with another team!!

Originally posted by chambers84
I have looked at all the available RBs in the upcoming draft, AND I really think that if we don't get R. Williams, or Fred Taylor, we need to trade up and draft William Green from Boston College, the dude has skills!!

He's 6'1, 215lbs. In his final year at BC he rushed for 1559 yards, with 10 TDs, averaged 5.9 yards per carry, had 23 receptions, for 250+yards. All this in only 10 games. He had a 300 yard game, and only had 1 game under 100 yards!! In the bowl game he had 135 or so rushing yards!!

This would be a great addition to our football team, unless we come up with a star RB in Free Agency or trade with another team!!
sounds good, then again almost every RB the fins have drafted sucked shortly there after!:(

Nice prospect

Unfortunately he has an issue with his attitude...

which brings back stabs of pain in the form of
Humphrey, Bobby
Phillips, Lawrence
Spikes, Irving
Collins, Cecil
Smith, Sammie

He looks like a really good runner, but I'm pretty sure that the 'Fins: a) wouldn't be willing to trade up that high if they're not willing to go out and get RW and b) don't have enough in the pot to trade up the 10 to 15 spots it would take to draft this guy. Wanny and the whole 'Fins organization have already proven time and again that they're not much in the way of risk takers. Hopefully that will change this year but, somehow, I'm pretty sure it won't.

Re: Nice prospect

Originally posted by RHoffman
Unfortunately he has an issue with his attitude...

which brings back stabs of pain in the form of
Humphrey, Bobby
Phillips, Lawrence
Spikes, Irving
Collins, Cecil
Smith, Sammie
good grief, thats one hell of a list. just reading it makes my teeth itch!:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Nice prospect

Originally posted by dolfan06
good grief, thats one hell of a list. just reading it makes my teeth itch!:rolleyes:
and it does not include John Avery and JJJ :eek:

I think the Fins will be better off going with Duckett. Being from the midwest I've watched this guy all season. He's going to be an excellent pro rb.
Green had great numbers, but BC didn't play the defenses that MichSt did. Duckett is massive, but runs like a little man(nimble). When he has to, he's also a freaking truck. Just like the WR's are all becoming 6'3+, big rb's are the future of the NFL. Get ahead of the curve Miami.(we already have our truck with Jordan)

good points Chops !

we also has Minor as a change of pace to the big back. Green is pretty big though @215.

215 isn't big! I weigh 212! Do I look like a bruiser? Duckett is like 245, and very light on his feet. I just have this feeling about him. I believe he'll be a probowler someday.

If it comes down to a choice between Duckett and Foster I'm all for Foster. Duckett is a big back but he's cut in the mold of Dayne, Morris, Means, and other so-called big backs. The problem with most of these guys is: a) they wear down very fast (Bettis has been the exception) and only have a couple of good years in them and b) they need a good line to run behind, otherwise they're just running into very large turqoise butts that aren't opening any holes.

I'm from the LA area and have had a chance to watch Foster on several occasions and I am constantly amazed by his speed and his ability to shed tackles; it's simply amazing. With a little work on his hands and some preventive maintenance on his body to prevent injury he'll be a big time back at the next level.

Originally posted by CHOPS44
215 isn't big! I weigh 212! Do I look like a bruiser? Duckett is like 245, and very light on his feet. I just have this feeling about him. I believe he'll be a probowler someday.
the 2 best HB's in the NFL are about 205 - Faulk and Martin and they both can catch the ball. Of course, they both played with excellent OL's

Duckett would be a great fit in Steeltown - watch a future hall-of-famer show him how it's done in the Pro's and move in to start in two years time.

Doubt he'll last that long but Duckett would be a great pickup for us - our kind of back.

I think he'd be your kind of back too - take the pressure off Jay and just let him do enough to keep you in the games.

they both sound good.............

i've just seen foster play more and UCLA went to pot when he was out of the lineup. gotta be some reason!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom