We Need to Clean House | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Need to Clean House

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
It's amazing in some ways how much one game can change a whole season. If Miami beats the Jets, the Dolphins are in the playoffs for the first time since 2008 and no one is talking about a change in the coaching staff. But the way the team finished the season, and played without any sense of urgency the past two weeks, leaves me with only one conclusion. It's time to clean house. Heck even Rex Ryan got a very bad Jets team to finish 8-8.

I like Joe Philibin and think he overachieved somewhat in his first season. But this year was clearly a disappointment. Philibin's strong suit is supposed to be the offensive line, but that turned out to be the weak link on the team. He must have had some say in the drafting of Dallas Thomas, who was a disappointing rookie. He might have also had input on drafting Jonathan Martin the previous season. Part of me thinks Philbin should get one more year, but after seeing no passion from the players with the playoffs on the line I can't help but think the team can do better. Is Bill Cowher interested in entering the coaching arena again? He would be my first choice. Talk about passion.

I'm also not sure why Jordan wasn't used more often. He made plays in the limited times he was on the field. I understand that Vernon earned the starting job, but the coaching staff needed to find way more playing time for Jordan, especially considering how poorly some other starters played --- Wheeler in particular.

As to Jeff Ireland. He has had his chance. The interesting thing is I don't believe his 2013 draft was a bad one. I think Jordan will emerge as a standout pass rusher, but that might have to be in a 3-4. I liked Taylor coming out. It's a shame the coaching staff didn't play these guys more.

The team has become too finese for my liking and I don't think that matches up well in the AFC East. We have some talent, but need to find some leaders and some tough, physical players especially on the offensive line.

The team needs to clean house. IMHO, the players quit on this staff the last 2 games. Either you replace most of the players who have lost respect for the coaches, or you hire new coaches. We all know the answer.

Cowher would likely come as a package deal with Omar Khan. Not all bad. You are essentially getting Pittsburgh South.

My big issue with him is that he has already stated that he will only coach in a place that has an established Qb. The big issue I have with that is that he is lazy and is not willing to build a place from the ground up. He just want a ready made contender.

Also he hasn't coached for 7 years. HUUUGE red flag. IMO. The Cowher window is closing guys. In 2-3 years no one will be calling him.

The talent sucks, the coaching sucks.
Bad talent decisions have been made for years.
If they'd gotten into playoffs, they would get the pass, but would not erase the fact that bad decisions had been made for years and continue to be made.

If Miami beats the Jets, the Dolphins are in the playoffs for the first time since 2008 and no one is talking about a change in the coaching staff.

I actually don't think that's true. I mean, sure they got to the playoffs, but it's not like they blew the doors open and whatnot, they would've gotten in by the skin of their teeth.

Some might say that is good enough. Sure, it is when your a fan and you want a chance at the SB. Kind of like playing the lottery, can't win without a ticket.

That being said, getting in by the skin of your teeth means you have some flaws and this teams has got some whoppers. The coaching staff isn't immune to that either.

Back
Top Bottom