We need to extend Ireland before it's too late! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to extend Ireland before it's too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.

finjim

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Look at the talent he has assembled. This guy is rapidly making a name. I could see a team like New England swooping in and grabbing him. We need to extend his contract. His is our Scott Pioli!

I agree and its about time somebody said it, we need to lock him in long term asap before the Pats grab him to help rebuild the offense, Welker was bad enough, we cant afford to lose Jeff

i quite agree. Ireland has done an admirable job lately. found a franchise QB, brought in sme big names. we really have a talented roster up and down the depth chart now. can't risk losing the archtitect of that. btw while we're at it, extend Aponte, too. we're in great shape cap wise.

well rumors are a few teams are looking at him as soon as his contract is up. May not be too bad of an idea

i quite agree. Ireland has done an admirable job lately. found a franchise QB, brought in sme big names. we really have a talented roster up and down the depth chart now. can't risk losing the archtitect of that. btw while we're at it, extend Aponte, too. we're in great shape cap wise.

I think Aponte should be made CEO, she has good chemistry with Jeff... will help keep him if other teams are interested

Who is the highest paid GM in the league? He will probably demand a deal along those lines

We just finished playing against Chad Henne.

I think I'll leave it at there when it comes to Jeff Ireland.

Thank you OP for your thoughts and contributions. My thoughts, this thread is going to go down the rabbit hole fast! Let's all keep it clean and remember that regardless of what happened in the past he is working on getting us out of the mess left by Parcells (which he had a lot to do with). His actions facing adversity the last couple of years will make him very appealing to a lot of organizations. With last years draft and this off-season, he is quickly changing the way people of think of him around the league. Even when it was really bad and it looked like he was going to get fired along with Tony Sporano, he had executives around the league backing him. Now that he has made a complete 360' and members on this board are discussing of signing him long term it is time to recognize his efforts and give him stability everyone hopes for. I'm not sure I agree with making him the highest paid GM but the fact that he remained positive during the worst of times and backed it up with a great off-season on paper is commendable.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe he is out of the woods 100% because we need to translate all those acquisitions into wins. The Washington Redskins proved year in and year out that winning the off-season doesn't mean squat. With that said, I can't wait for the regular season. Let's go Dolphins!!

well rumors are a few teams are looking at him as soon as his contract is up. May not be too bad of an idea

Rumors? ROFLCOPTER ...... I guess a beatdown of crap team like the Jags in the preseason goes a long way. :chuckle:

Thank you OP for your thoughts and contributions. My thoughts, this thread is going to go down the rabbit hole fast! Let's all keep it clean and remember that regardless of what happened in the past he is working on getting us out of the mess left by Parcells (which he had a lot to do with). His actions facing adversity the last couple of years will make him very appealing to a lot of organizations. With last years draft and this off-season, he is quickly changing the way people of think of him around the league. Even when it was really bad and it looked like he was going to get fired along with Tony Sporano, he had executives around the league backing him. Now that he has made a complete 360' and members on this board are discussing of signing him long term it is time to recognize his efforts and give him stability everyone hopes for. I'm not sure I agree with making him the highest paid GM but the fact that he remained positive during the worst of times and backed it up with a great off-season on paper is commendable.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe he is out of the woods 100% because we need to translate all those acquisitions into wins. The Washington Redskins proved year in and year out that winning the off-season doesn't mean squat. With that said, I can't wait for the regular season. Let's go Dolphins!!

respectfully i dsiagree. Ireland has done a very good job lately. that warrants an extension.

respectfully i dsiagree. Ireland has done a very good job lately. that warrants an extension.

Just look at the Davis trade, a masterpiece! A second round pick for that bum? great deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom