We need to keep all 4 of our RBs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to keep all 4 of our RBs

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
The Colts are so horny for a RB right now, that we should keep all of them until they sign whoever they decide to sign. Unless we trade Edwards, or Henry away, I wouldn't want any of them ending up with Indianapolis, even if they aren't in our division any more. The Colts would be done if they lost Edgerrin again.

COLTS TALKING TO ANDERSON..

No doubt......losing DOMINIC RHODES was bad for the Colts. The Colts are talking with JAMAL ANDERDON...this is going to come down to money of course.

ALL RObert EDWARDS has to do...to make this team....is to just simply still be on the practice field and running without any setbacks....at the time of the final cut. The Dolphins really like EDWARDS....he would be RICKY's backup.

The Dolphins landed HENRY in the 7th round....and from day 1....has made people look his way. This is a guy the DOlphins would love to hide somewhere....but there is no place to hide. Teams are just waiting for the DOlphins to try and sneak Henry through the waiver-wire...as the Dolphins had first hoped that he can end up (clearing waivers) and end up on the Practice Squad. There is no way now...that Henry clears waivers...this is going to come down to the last cut.... its going to be almost impossible...without an injury...t0 keep all 4 backs.

I'm curious DCH why you think Henry won't be able to sneak past waivers. Teams do not normally offer a roster spot to 7th round choices whom they scouted and had no intention of drafting (the dolphins were the only team willing to spend a draft pick on him). He's only seen action in one preseason game and in that game he averaged like 1 yard per carry....not exactly lighting things up. Marlon Barnes has shown more in preseason than Henry.

I'm afraid the only people that know about Henry, or think Henry is any good, are us. How could anyone else know? He didn't do much against the Titans in the televised scrimmage and I was at the Bucs practice and he didn't do much there either. Any other practice, was completely closed to professional scouts.

Do you save a valuable roster spot on the all-too-small 53 man roster for a guy you thought should be undrafted, just because of RUMORS despite the fact that he's done nothing to speak of in the public's eye?

I question the sanity of any GM who does that.

CK..other teams read Miami news papers and even in the 1st game Henry played in..he looked good..there were a number of times he should have lost yardage, but he fought and either gain 1 or 2 or got back to the line of scrimage..plus he looked tough in there.. I think most GM's saw that our line didn't block that good in the 1st 2 games..They know he's still healthy after 2 a days in TC...JJJ wasn't impressive at all during his time here and yet a team traded a conditional 7th on him..These other teams are scouting us, just like we scout them.and they know there's something there with Henry..He's not just a College wonder..No way does he get though waiver and get on our PS..They should just keep the 4 and suck it up some other place..like keeping 3 TE's instead of 4. Mayes will play great somewhere else..but with McMicheal and Weaver I feel comfortable.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
CK..other teams read Miami news papers and even in the 1st game Henry played in..he looked good..there were a number of times he should have lost yardage, but he fought and either gain 1 or 2 or got back to the line of scrimage..plus he looked tough in there.. I think most GM's saw that our line didn't block that good in the 1st 2 games..They know he's still healthy after 2 a days in TC...JJJ wasn't impressive at all during his time here and yet a team traded a conditional 7th on him..These other teams are scouting us, just like we scout them.and they know there's something there with Henry..He's not just a College wonder..No way does he get though waiver and get on our PS..They should just keep the 4 and suck it up some other place..like keeping 3 TE's instead of 4. Mayes will play great somewhere else..but with McMicheal and Weaver I feel comfortable.

Exactly.......A team doesn't care if he was drafted in 7th round or not.If he can play at this level,some team will pick him up .......Why you think coaches keep saying how difficult that desicion will be.....When it all said and done I think Henry will be Ricky backup because i think coaches are doubting Robert health and don't rule out keeping all four of them......

Yeah but isnt that just it? Henry hasn't shown he can play at this level. He hasn't shown anything. Even with the poor OL play he missed a bunch of holes in the tampa game.

And what I'm saying is, aside from the 2 preseason games, titans scrimmage, and bucs scrimmage, other teams literally CANT SCOUT Henry. Can't. Their scouts are not allowed to attend free practices. They can get in big big trouble for it.

JJ Johnson was a different story altogether...a projected possible 1st round RB who was taken early in the 2nd round. Unlike Leonard Henry, JJ Johnson actually HAD played in games, and had rushed for a 4 yard average on 20 carries or so once or twice. Of course he's worth a conditional 7th to a team that wants to see for themselves if he just got a bum deal down in Miami and never got a chance. JJ Johnson was a WAY better prospect comin out of the draft than Henry, and he showed 10 times as much as Henry has. Totally different story.

What I'm tryin to say is, Henry hasn't shown anything in the only times that scouts from other teams could possibly see what he can do, and any other time they have to rely on newspapers. And the newspapers haven't even mentioned that the kid looks real good or anything. They say he looks more solid than what you would expect from a 7th rounder, and Rick Spielman was only quoted as saying "he kinda grows on you".

Most every team in the NFL has tough decisions to make when it comes to their 53 man roster, and I totally question the wisdom and sanity of a GM that just tosses a roster space on the 53 man roster to a 7th round throwaway who as of yet only averaged like 1 yard per carry in preseason action, but who MIGHT be "solid" according to local rumors. And yes, where you were drafted, DOES matter.

CK, when you're thin at RB, you do desperate things..I know Dallas is about to do something it probaly wouldn't do if they had the full compliment of WR's, they've lost 2 in the last two weeks..They will have to settle for potential or sign A. Freemon, if he has sign yet, and probably pay more than they wanted...They still need another WR for depth..probably someone you and I don't know anything about, but he's on someones training roster..not looking good in games..but is talked about in the local community becaue they see him more..and I bet other teams are getting wind of that..We've talked about Henry, the papers have, web site have..the coaches are..and their statements in the papers about him are being read by other teams..the reporter who report on TC..and said good things about Henry are being read...I remember him having a pretty camp against the Titians..He's defintely had a good camp with us..Other teams know that our coaches maybe sandbagging him, not to over expose him, but the local community knows him and we talk. Sites like this has given him great props..I'm giving him props right now..This kid's keeper, he much better than what I saw in JJ right now..and better than JJ when he left with experience under his belt..mark my words,,if this kid stays with us,,we will be rewarded if he gets to play...This year if everyone stays healthy and Edwards ahead of him..he won't dress many games..but if he's picked over Edwards..and give RW breathers, I think you will be pleasantly surprised..provided our line block half way decent..I just have that feeling CK..I can't shake it...something in me says this kid is for real.

Ck how do you know other teams would not have spent a pick on him? I saw more than one site shocked he fell as far as he did.

I'm also sure other teams aren't coming out and saying, "Why did Miami draft that guy? We would hae spent a pick on him."

Teams don't do that and also may have had other needs and hoped he'd make it through to end of draft and sign him as an UFA.

Most sites I read had him pegged as an undrafted guy. And if I remember correctly, Miami didn't exactly get him at the beginning of the 7th round either.

Mountain out of a molehill. There's other guys out there that coaches would probably rather take chances on. Like say, Byron Hanspard who was just released from the Bucs.

I think its only our dolphin homerism thats talkin this guy up to the point where some people around here think some team will automatically snap him up based on rumors alone. There's not really any precedent for it, and its just not gonna happen unless Henry plays in the Houston or Chicago game, and does well.

CK..a lot of our own eye witnesses had his guy as a pretty good pick..He's had a good camp...why do you think the coaches are trying to figure out how to keep him. Even if it's practice square, if the guy didn't have value don't you think they would just let him go..by the fact we're having this conversation tells you that there's something there..would we be discussing a person who hasn't done anything thoughout camp..ie Simmons..for him there won't be a discussion.

CK..

Q: Are Leon Searcy and Robert Edwards in jeopardy of not making the team? Andy Reich, Hollywood, FL

A: I'd say Searcy is a lock at this point, as he continues to progress in his switch to guard. Edwards is a much bigger question mark, as he must prove that he can stay healthy because many of his carries during the regular season would come in practice. Edwards is in heavy competition against 2002 seventh-round draft pick Leonard Henry for a roster spot.

"Heavy competition"...Hummmm that's pretty strong words for a RB who don't seem to have done nothing in TC.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Most sites I read had him pegged as an undrafted guy. And if I remember correctly, Miami didn't exactly get him at the beginning of the 7th round either.

Lots of things happen in the late rounds such as players falling that other teams are in need of, so to say that he basically would never have been picked is just a guess. We don't know how many teams had him as worth taking as a late round pick.

Another thing about Henry is that he has caught the eye and drew lots of praise from several veterans on the defense!

I'm sure other teams scouts have been at TC and seen that this guy could be worth a shot, he is one tough Sombeach to bring down, cuts well, and has good vision.

I'd like to see this kid get some action against some first teams......

The thing with Henry to me is this. mel kiper knew about this kid when we drafted him and said that we may have gotten ourselves a steal. well, everyone was watching. everyone knows that in this league of salary cap and hidden gems, that is how you win deep into the season. Leonard Henry didnt show any greatness but he didnt show any bad either. he is a rookie, and rookies need to develope. he is getting used to a Oline that is changing. He is getting used to a system that is complex and yet only gets a certain number of reps every week. as far as i am concerned, the kid has it! you want to keep him on the roster cus robert edwards chances of injury are great and edwards will have much greater possibility of not being here next year. Henry has great potential and size and speed. build for the future, not just for now. Both guys offer alot of intangibles and we would be very smart to keep both as long as RE stays healthy. cus RE woudl give us great inspiration in the locker room and against the pats.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'm curious DCH why you think Henry won't be able to sneak past waivers. Teams do not normally offer a roster spot to 7th round choices whom they scouted and had no intention of drafting (the dolphins were the only team willing to spend a draft pick on him). He's only seen action in one preseason game and in that game he averaged like 1 yard per carry....not exactly lighting things up. Marlon Barnes has shown more in preseason than Henry.

I'm afraid the only people that know about Henry, or think Henry is any good, are us. How could anyone else know? He didn't do much against the Titans in the televised scrimmage and I was at the Bucs practice and he didn't do much there either. Any other practice, was completely closed to professional scouts.

Do you save a valuable roster spot on the all-too-small 53 man roster for a guy you thought should be undrafted, just because of RUMORS despite the fact that he's done nothing to speak of in the public's eye?

I question the sanity of any GM who does that.

Leonard Henry will never make it past waiver wires for one reason. Rick Spielman. everyone is watching what rick Spielman does! i can name a bunch of teams who are watching every move we make. Tampa, New England, buffalo, the Jits, the colts, and yes the new orleans saints. all are looking for a good sized RB with speed and upside for the future as a backup right now.

Back
Top Bottom