We need to play the Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to play the Jets

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
The only way this season is going to be successful is if we get another chance at the "stinkin lousy Jets".
Thanks to Minnesota's half hearted effort against the Ravens we have to go at least one more week on "emotional empty".
Providing we get by the Ravens, what scenario has to unfold for us to line up against the scumbags from Gotham next week?
See, if we get to play the S.L.Jets again and beat them, this team will excise it's demons. All the emotional baggage of losing to the S.L.Jets 8 times in a row will be turned into wings of confidence, which will carry us to the Superbowl.
Unfortunately that is the only way we will gain enough confidence as a team, to go any further than the second round.
This game is all about emotion and momentum and we need something big like that to change the perception of this team from, "close but no cigar" to " holy crap! They might be able to pull this off".
I don't expect that a win over Baltimore will do anything to boost the attitude of this team. I mean face it, we are better than the Ravens and should win this game. A win against the Ravensdoesn't give us the confidence to say, " Hey if we can beat these guys we can beat anybody" like we would get from whipping the S.L.Jets.

Originally posted by inFINSible
The only way this season is going to be successful is if we get another chance at the "stinkin lousy Jets".
Thanks to Minnesota's half hearted effort against the Ravens we have to go at least one more week on "emotional empty".
Providing we get by the Ravens, what scenario has to unfold for us to line up against the scumbags from Gotham next week?
See, if we get to play the S.L.Jets again and beat them, this team will excise it's demons. All the emotional baggage of losing to the S.L.Jets 8 times in a row will be turned into wings of confidence, which will carry us to the Superbowl.
Unfortunately that is the only way we will gain enough confidence as a team, to go any further than the second round.
This game is all about emotion and momentum and we need something big like that to change the perception of this team from, "close but no cigar" to " holy crap! They might be able to pull this off".
I don't expect that a win over Baltimore will do anything to boost the attitude of this team. I mean face it, we are better than the Ravens and should win this game. A win against the Ravensdoesn't give us the confidence to say, " Hey if we can beat these guys we can beat anybody" like we would get from whipping the S.L.Jets.

i agree, we need to beat the jets. but those lucky SOB's worry me. even in that raider game, the kicker makes a 52 yard field goal, even after the holder drops the ball. (maybe it was a missed snap, i don't know, all i saw was, it was on the ground)

get real

if we win the Super Bowl or even get to the Super Bowl, this was a successful season :D ; irregardless of the lousy, stinking, #$%#%#$%$# Jets :fire:

I will consider this season a success if we make it to the second round and just play well.

That would mean we are moving in the right direction, and then we can go from there.

Originally posted by dolfan87
I will consider this season a success if we make it to the second round and just play well.

That would mean we are moving in the right direction, and then we can go from there.
though I would have a tough time losing to NE since I really am not impressed with their team. The Brady Pats are a lot like the Fins from last year without Jay's injury.

THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL JETS

eight is not enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome boys and girls to the Meadolands South :lol:

Your Lucky your not playing the Jets Just like your team leaders said the Last time we kicked your butts

Jason Taylor and zack Thomas quoted we are sure glad that we don't have to play them again :lol:

here is a little NFL Flash back for you...

Associated Press:

Miami Nov 18th - The Miami Dolphins' lates fourth-quarter nightmare against the New York Jets unfolded in a mostly empty stadium. Many frustrated fans already were headed home :lol:
and clusters of transplanted New Yorkers (and I was there and one of them) :D gleefully chanted J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

NOT BAD FOR SOME SCUMBAGS FROM GOTHAM AS YOU PUT IT !!!!

the Jets will lose the Raiders - Gannon cannot suck that bad...he is starting in the Pro Bowl :rolleyes:

Re: Re: We need to play the Jets

Originally posted by dolfan06

i agree, we need to beat the jets. but those lucky SOB's worry me. even in that raider game, the kicker makes a 52 yard field goal, even after the holder drops the ball. (maybe it was a missed snap, i don't know, all i saw was, it was on the ground)

Actually it was a fifty THREE yarder!!!
We have the NFL exactly were we want them....in their house! 7-1 on the road. Only loss was in Pitt when we had a bunch of injuries in our secondary and couldn't stop Hines Ward! We're in the playoffs and havn't even played well on all three phases of the game yet. Maybe we're peaking now???

Hall is peaking, but Vinny sucks...

Re: get real

Originally posted by dolphan39
if we win the Super Bowl or even get to the Super Bowl, this was a successful season :D ; irregardless of the lousy, stinking, #$%#%#$%$# Jets :fire:

Of course the season is successful if we make it to the Super Bowl, but my post was about the EMOTIONAL LIFT we would have gotten from beating the S.L.Jets and how THAT could have carried us TO the Super Bowl.
After writing that this morn, I checked the scenarios and the only way we play the S.L.Jets is if we meet in the AFC Championship, which means that if we do meet again this will already have been a more successful season than last. Even so, if we do play them again and WIN, we will be on the way to New Orleans with a whole new attitude and that means trouble for whoever lines up on the other side of the line.
Something to look forward to, eh?:D

BTW, nyrican, no matter how many times the S.L.Jets beat the Dolphins I will always look at the next game as a chance to end the streak and NOT as something to be afraid of. Good luck in Oakland and then New England 'cause I WANT to play the S.L.Jets for the right to go to the Super Bowl.
GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Re: Re: get real

Originally posted by inFINSible

Of course the season is successful if we make it to the Super Bowl, but my post was about the EMOTIONAL LIFT we would have gotten from beating the S.L.Jets and how THAT could have carried us TO the Super Bowl.
After writing that this morn, I checked the scenarios and the only way we play the S.L.Jets is if we meet in the AFC Championship, which means that if we do meet again this will already have been a more successful season than last. Even so, if we do play them again and WIN, we will be on the way to New Orleans with a whole new attitude and that means trouble for whoever lines up on the other side of the line.
Something to look forward to, eh?:D

BTW, nyrican, no matter how many times the S.L.Jets beat the Dolphins I will always look at the next game as a chance to end the streak and NOT as something to be afraid of. Good luck in Oakland and then New England 'cause I WANT to play the S.L.Jets for the right to go to the Super Bowl.
GO DOLPHINS!!!!
if we do play the jets, it will be in miami!:D

Re: Re: Re: get real

Originally posted by dolfan06
if we do play the jets, it will be in miami!:D
for the AFC Championship game - Mud Bowl II - starring Vinny as Richard Todd and Zach Thomas as AJ Duhe :lol: :goof:

Re: Re: Re: Re: get real

Originally posted by dolphan39
for the AFC Championship game - Mud Bowl II - starring Vinny as Richard Todd and Zach Thomas as AJ Duhe :lol: :goof:
deja vu, don't you think?!

With all due respect fellas, you really don't want to play us! The Ravens did you a favor. Sit down relax and think about it? Anyway good luck with the Raven Game and may you come out on top!:cool:

Originally posted by Joe
Anyway good luck with the Raven Game and may you come out on top!:cool:

Thanks Joe!! :D May the Jets kick the crap out of the Faiders AGAIN! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom