We now control our own destiny for the #1 pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We now control our own destiny for the #1 pick

It amazes me how Adam Gase is in the position he's in with the New York Jets. I also find it very suspicious of how the Jets are losing inspite of being a more talented team than Miami. Gase supposedly didn't want to rebuild in Miami and lost his job. And soon after all of the NFL is talking about how, Miami is tanking!!! Now he's with the Jets and can't find any answers. Just Miami's luck that Gase would somehow find himself with the number 1 overall pick, with the Jets and not Miami. Un$%#$@$Believable.

The fans of Gang Green are already demanding his firing and
shocker -- Dowell Loggains!

I can’t believe people actually thought Gase was a good coach. He rode Mannings coat tails. However I think that people are starting to realize that Gase is a HS coach at best.

I think if Miami wants to win the 1st pick, they will have to actively try to lose against Washington and Cincinnati.

I think Jordan Love from Utah State is going to be climbing up drafts boards by the time April 23rd comes around. Not saying we’d ever consider him at #1 overall if we get it. However, if we trade down or depending on where our other picks land he is a definite option. Word is the staff likes him, but as I don’t work for the team it’s obviously just speculation at this point.

Lots of talent in this draft, and we obviously need it. A lot of folks think Fromm is an excellent fit for this staff...
Herbert is freaky scary with excellent boom/bust potential and then you have another QB group that has the
upside to include the "sleeper" you're inferring...

We need to target 3 legit impact players in R1 and contingent on Rosen that may not include a QB but I think
it does and Fromm looks pretty NFL plug and play right now. Of course if Tua is on the clock we're looking at
that very seriously! But regardless of #1 pick or not we have a LOT of excellent possibilities...

It's just looking like the battle for worst (i.e., tanking) is going to be way more comparative than anticipated a
few weeks ago.

I'm not crazy about Rosen. But,imo, if Tua is not available then i'd rather keep Rosen and do your best to select the BPA at that point.
I'm assuming the drop off between Rosen and all the other QB's not names Tua isn't that great.
If that's true, then why not keep him and start building the team around him?

It amazes me how Adam Gase is in the position he's in with the New York Jets. I also find it very suspicious of how the Jets are losing inspite of being a more talented team than Miami. Gase supposedly didn't want to rebuild in Miami and lost his job. And soon after all of the NFL is talking about how, Miami is tanking!!! Now he's with the Jets and can't find any answers. Just Miami's luck that Gase would somehow find himself with the number 1 overall pick, with the Jets and not Miami. Un$%#$@$Believable.

You think the Jets are going to lose to Miami 2x this season?

The 2 ex-Dolphins, Zac Taylor and Gase will want revenge against us, I say let 'em have it.

As of tonight, we're down to 4 winless teams remaining...

Miami
NY Jets
Cincinnati
Washington

And we play all 3 of them!

These may end up being some of the worst/most interesting games in years. While none of these teams have been quite as overt about their "rebuilds", it wouldn't surprise me at all if they're all low key tanking as well. So, starting next week, may the worst team win!
To think there are still some idiots who want to have at least one meaningless win. That one win could make our entire tank job worthless.

As much as I dont want a winless season, just one win will do, but I see out of Cinci, Skins, Jets and Miami, only Cinci really need a qb more than us. And i would be happy if they finish with a better record, trade up with us to get a qb and we pick up extra picks.

But, like last year, when we won a couple of meaningless games late in the season, no doubt Miami will play themselves out of a top 1 or 2 pick and slide down to 4 or 5.

If he gets the #1 pick, he's got to be out of the job. There's no way the Jets can keep him, even if his QB has had mono.

If Gase is the coach he will want to stomp us

I half suspect one of the reasons the team has looked so ill prepared (other than general coaching ineptitude) is because he's secretly preparing for those games. The way things are going, he might not be in a job by November.

I do think the Jets will have a couple of wins in them. Its the Bengals and Washington that are the problem. Bengals do have a coach that needs wins, but the Red Rifle looked terrible yesterday. AJ Green may make the difference when he gets back.

This could be a bad year to suck.

I think Washington is the only game I'm worried about. The Jets have a HB that can easily tear us apart and an average QB like Andy Dalton will look like Dan Marino vs this pass defense especially with the lack of a pass rush.

You know that the Jets have actually gained fewer yards per game and scored fewer points on offense than Miami, right? Their D is clearly better, but I’m in no way convinced the Jets best Miami twice.

If he gets the #1 pick, he's got to be out of the job. There's no way the Jets can keep him, even if his QB has had mono.

I half suspect one of the reasons the team has looked so ill prepared (other than general coaching ineptitude) is because he's secretly preparing for those games. The way things are going, he might not be in a job by November.

I do think the Jets will have a couple of wins in them. Its the Bengals and Washington that are the problem. Bengals do have a coach that needs wins, but the Red Rifle looked terrible yesterday. AJ Green may make the difference when he gets back.

This could be a bad year to suck.
Its a embarrassing bad year for the league...not near enough talent coaching or player wise to go around and it shows.

I'm still on the Josh Rosen train and hoping he looks the part these last 12 games, which yea would mean we knock out 4 or 5 wins (which probably would be the equivalent of 8 or 9 considering the talent level around him).

I am not rooting for the team to lose at this point, but the losing means less to me in general and certainly is not gonna ruin my week . . . I just want them to play better and continue taking steps of improvement.

You know that the Jets have actually gained fewer yards per game and scored fewer points on offense than Miami, right? Their D is clearly better, but I’m in no way convinced the Jets best Miami twice.

Yes but the Jets have Bell who is capable of taking over a game by himself and seeing as how our defense is trash the odds are in his favor. Also Darnold will be back by the time we play the Jets and while Darnold may not be a good QB he is still light years better than Luke Falk.

Depends on if Gase last past this season. I could see him being fired and the new coach brining in his own guy, that's usually how things go.

I think he will be one and done. He is clearly in so far over his head.

Back
Top Bottom