We now control our own destiny for the #1 pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We now control our own destiny for the #1 pick

DolfanAdam

Scout Team
Reaction score
As of tonight, we're down to 4 winless teams remaining...

Miami
NY Jets
Cincinnati
Washington

And we play all 3 of them!

These may end up being some of the worst/most interesting games in years. While none of these teams have been quite as overt about their "rebuilds", it wouldn't surprise me at all if they're all low key tanking as well. So, starting next week, may the worst team win!

I think Washington is the only game I'm worried about. The Jets have a HB that can easily tear us apart and an average QB like Andy Dalton will look like Dan Marino vs this pass defense especially with the lack of a pass rush.

Anyone think the Jets would drafta QB #1? Probably sell it fora kings ransom

Coaching staff got roster nuked just before game one. But no way they
won't continue to have this team playing better each week -- way too much
pride and cred to protect. These dudes are not used to losing and
they are not gonna lay down.

Maybe folks around here will start to get "that" after we destroy Wash!
But I'm 100% confident 0-16 is absolutely not even a remote possibility!

Given the state of affairs with the Deadskins and Snyder's incredibly
high sleaze factor I'd bet on them landing the #1 slot followed by
the Bengals. I see us sliding into the #3 slot...

Still puts us in a great position BTW!

:lol:

I'd be happy with the 2nd or 3rd pick to be honest. I would like tua. But weve seen multiple good QBs out of drafts lately.

Yeah...BUT outside of Tua(this is assuming) which QB can you say without question is going to be the next great thing? Honestly, I don't think there's one guy that stand out...not one and that's the problem.
I fully expect some guy drafted with a later pick or later rounds to outshine the top QBs selected.
It happens almost every year and ofcouse every year someone is going to say i knew that guy selected in the 5 round was the best QB in the draft...LOL

Depends on if Gase last past this season. I could see him being fired and the new coach brining in his own guy, that's usually how things go.

What possessed the Jets to hire Gase in the first place? I never understood that decision or his appeal.
Also, How badly is that team underperforming? Don't they have some serious talent on defense?

Yeah...BUT outside of Tua(this is assuming) which QB can you say without question is going to be the next great thing? Honestly, I don't think there's one guy that stand out...not one and that's the problem.
I fully expect some guy drafted with a later pick or later rounds to outshine the top QBs selected.
It happens almost every year and ofcouse every year someone is going to say i knew that guy selected in the 5 round was the best QB in the draft...LOL

Lots of talent in this draft, and we obviously need it. A lot of folks think Fromm is an excellent fit for this staff...
Herbert is freaky scary with excellent boom/bust potential and then you have another QB group that has the
upside to include the "sleeper" you're inferring...

We need to target 3 legit impact players in R1 and contingent on Rosen that may not include a QB but I think
it does and Fromm looks pretty NFL plug and play right now. Of course if Tua is on the clock we're looking at
that very seriously! But regardless of #1 pick or not we have a LOT of excellent possibilities...

It's just looking like the battle for worst (i.e., tanking) is going to be way more comparative than anticipated a
few weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom