We now control our own destiny for the #1 pick | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We now control our own destiny for the #1 pick

JMHO, . . . if Miami has #1 pick, it's because Rosen sucks (among other things). If Miami picks, say, 4 or 5, Miami won't be drafting a R1 QB anyway.
It's going to be interesting. I hope Rosen chose he could be our savior but we're so bad I'm not sure he can grow properly.

It's going to be interesting. I hope Rosen chose he could be our savior but we're so bad I'm not sure he can grow properly.

I mean one thing is for certain, if we have the chance to draft Tua, almost 100% certainly will need the #1 overall, then its a no brainer at that point.

I just cant sit up here and root for poor performances this early in it.

Now 0-8 (8th game at home vs. Jets) and all the lossess look like the first 4 games, Rosen regresses, hell it wont even matter, we aint beating anybody.

Are you watching the Colts though? Mack, who isn't like... super great... is running amok because that line is ridiculous. That's what I want. Idgaf who the RB is. If you're getting 3 yards before you're touched and going for it on 3rd/4th and short is automatic, your offense is going to be hard to stop, especially with a QB who is as talented as Tua is. Run the ball and playaction = a good offense.

The Colts showed very clearly it's still a team game and one "super star" QB can't do it on his own...
The Colts OL is for real and that will make them a TUFF TEAM to beat week in and week out.
Love the power game inside, which just demoralizes the opposing D and sets up attacking the
perimeter. Looked to me by mid 3rd qtr Andy Reed was clueless and the Chief were exposed.
SOS IMO if you rule the LOS on both sides of the ball you've got the dominant path to a win.
Sure QB is sexy and girly but I still believe you can win and win consistently with "highly
efficient" QB play within a balanced system... The problem in the formula is there is a
severe shortage of top tier OL to build with... But I'd like to start inside first with monster C
and then match him with a dominant G -- good tackles but they don't have to be ballerinas out there...

The Colts showed very clearly it's still a team game and one "super star" QB can't do it on his own...
The Colts OL is for real and that will make them a TUFF TEAM to beat week in and week out.
Love the power game inside, which just demoralizes the opposing D and sets up attacking the
perimeter. Looked to me by mid 3rd qtr Andy Reed was clueless and the Chief were exposed.
SOS IMO if you rule the LOS on both sides of the ball you've got the dominant path to a win.
Sure QB is sexy and girly but I still believe you can win and win consistently with "highly
efficient" QB play within a balanced system... The problem in the formula is there is a
severe shortage of top tier OL to build with... But I'd like to start inside first with monster C
and then match him with a dominant G -- good tackles but they don't have to be ballerinas out there...
I agree. I think with how big and fast defensive ends are getting these days, the importance of tackles has dropped dramatically because the plan is to just get the ball out as fast as possible. Teams are loading up on defense trying to send pressure up the middle, so if you have a really strong G/C/G front, you're going to have a pretty easy time running an offense.

That's why if we end up with Tua, one of my other 1st round picks is going to be a center (assuming there is one that's good enough to be drafted in the first... I haven't looked yet) and I'd sign guards/tackles in free agency. I want a strong line with no weak link. Power run the ball.

Love the power game inside, which just demoralizes the opposing D and set up attacking the
I agree. Having a top tier Offensive Line does wonders for a team. It allows an offense to run, pass and kill the clock. It allows a team all option on almost any down. Josh Rosen would benefit from Miami fielding an above average line and so would any QB Miami selects in the upcoming draft. Smash mouth football has always been my preference. But a line like the Colts, Cowboys and Patriots drives its success. All of those teams are looking like playoff contenders. That's all you can ask. And when you pair a top notch line with above average skill position players, you can threaten for a Super Bowl in any given year.

I could see Billicheat hooking his old coach up with a win if they have things wrapped up towards the end of the season. He would give his coach a win, and screw us out of Tua.

I agree. I think with how big and fast defensive ends are getting these days, the importance of tackles has dropped dramatically because the plan is to just get the ball out as fast as possible. Teams are loading up on defense trying to send pressure up the middle, so if you have a really strong G/C/G front, you're going to have a pretty easy time running an offense.

That's why if we end up with Tua, one of my other 1st round picks is going to be a center (assuming there is one that's good enough to be drafted in the first... I haven't looked yet) and I'd sign guards/tackles in free agency. I want a strong line with no weak link. Power run the ball.

Big point IMO re the "pocket" is the ability to step up to avoid the edge -- that's obvious inside.
Rosen has shown some pretty nifty work in the pocket and having some "space" to maneuver
is critical -- regardless of who your QB is. Add to that a consistent productive running game and
like you said --- RUN THE PIG hard and consistently...

Because they likely had a QB they thought could be that already and I listed Miami’s “potential franchise guys” they thought they had, in another post.

You have to decide if those guys were worth passing up on Brees, Rodgers, Ryan, or attempting to trade up in 2017 instead of thinking Tannehill was gonna recover from a season ending knee surgery with stem cells treatment over surgery.

I give the Cardinals credit, they didn’t settle on Rosen and took Murray. It doesn’t guarantee that Murray will have a better career than Rosen but you can’t be complacent at the QB position, especially if the one you covet can be reasonably obtained.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Which teams outside of Brees/Brady/ Maybe Rodgers have good enough QB situations to pass on a guy like Mahomes?
The obvious answer is NONE. Further, a team with Brees/Brady STILL should be drafting talent like Mahomes aka "in your face" with their aging QBs.

Just stop it man...stop it!

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Which teams outside of Brees/Brady/ Maybe Rodgers have good enough QB situations to pass on a guy like Mahomes?
The obvious answer is NONE. Further, a team with Brees/Brady STILL should be drafting talent like Mahomes aka "in your face" with their aging QBs.

Just stop it man...stop it!

Apparently 9 teams. Mahomes was the 10th pick and NONE of those teams had Brees/Brady/Rodgers. To be fair, I don't know who's 'face' you're referring to to, but it obviiously wasn't such QB needy teams as Bears, Jags, Jets, and Bengals. Matter of fact, most prospect rankings had Mahomes as SECOND BEST QB or worse - e.g., below Trubisky and Kiser. Maybe they had their heads turned.

Nonetheless, I fail to see Miami in 'control' of their destiny. Players and coaches are trying to win. I think EVERYONE acknowledges that. Unless 'control' means control NOT getting the #1 pick

Apparently 9 teams. Mahomes was the 10th pick and NONE of those teams had Brees/Brady/Rodgers. To be fair, I don't know who's 'face' you're referring to to, but it obviiously wasn't such QB needy teams as Bears, Jags, Jets, and Bengals. Matter of fact, most prospect rankings had Mahomes as SECOND BEST QB or worse - e.g., below Trubisky and Kiser. Maybe they had their heads turned.

Nonetheless, I fail to see Miami in 'control' of their destiny. Players and coaches are trying to win. I think EVERYONE acknowledges that. Unless 'control' means control NOT getting the #1 pick

The OP was essentially saying what we've seen from QBs like Mahomes was "obvious" "in your face" type of ability pre-draft/draft that would translate to the NFL.
So my follow up was if he was so obvious then why did team pass on him?
Only teams with Brees/Rodgers/Brady had an excuse to pass on "obvious & in your face" future league MVP.

The point being, while he had "potential" like most drafted QB, It's nonsense to say he had this ability and would performan this well in the NFL and everyone knew it...But decided to pass on him because they had establish QBs..

Back
Top Bottom