We now control our own destiny for the #1 pick | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We now control our own destiny for the #1 pick

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Which teams outside of Brees/Brady/ Maybe Rodgers have good enough QB situations to pass on a guy like Mahomes?
The obvious answer is NONE. Further, a team with Brees/Brady STILL should be drafting talent like Mahomes aka "in your face" with their aging QBs.

Just stop it man...stop it!

Stop what?

You are essentially proving my point. The reason why teams pass on Mahomes/Watson is because they believe they have QBs on the roster that can be franchise QBs and rather utilize those assets elsewhere instead of continuing to improve most i portant position on the field.

In Miami’s case they felt Ryan Tannehill, heading into year 6, having accomplished nothing, coming off a major knee injury, was a better option than making a move for an attainable QB in the draft.

Its not an easy sell for an entrenched regime to invest in a QB but Miami, and other teams, should be more vigilant in improving that position, within reason, when they have the chance to.

Who cares if nobody knew how great those guys are/were gonna be, when you don’t have a definitive QB, and are heading into a 6th year with the same guy, eyes need to be open.

Same when you have a career backup in Fieldler an pass on Brees
Same when you literally have no QB and pass on Rodgers
Same when come off 1-15, no QB, pass on Ryan
Same when you stick with Tannehill for too long and miss out on attainable guys like Mahomes/Watson and even Allen/Rosen the following year

As of tonight, we're down to 4 winless teams remaining...

Miami
NY Jets
Cincinnati
Washington

And we play all 3 of them!

These may end up being some of the worst/most interesting games in years. While none of these teams have been quite as overt about their "rebuilds", it wouldn't surprise me at all if they're all low key tanking as well. So, starting next week, may the worst team win!
We play all 4 winless teams? So what you’re saying is we play ourself? Lol. Jk.

This is a big game for Miami. I figure a loss to the Skins would mean even if the split with the Jets they could still be in contention for the top pick heading into the Bengals game later in the season. If they beat the Skins they would need to get swept by the Jets to still have a shot.

This is a big game for Miami. I figure a loss to the Skins would mean even if the split with the Jets they could still be in contention for the top pick heading into the Bengals game later in the season. If they beat the Skins they would need to get swept by the Jets to still have a shot.
Hate to break it to you we aint splittin the jets anything, Darnold is gonna be back and adam gase is at the point he has looked so bad he is coaching for his job in his first year..

I'd say this skins game might be the only game we win this year, unless Callahan fires up his team ala Dan Campell did for us

Hate to break it to you we aint splittin the jets anything, Darnold is gonna be back and adam gase is at the point he has looked so bad he is coaching for his job in his first year..

I'd say this skins game might be the only game we win this year, unless Callahan fires up his team ala Dan Campell did for us

What's the point of winning any of those games? If we're going to do this lets do it all the way and not kinda do it.

What's the point of winning any of those games? If we're going to do this lets do it all the way and not kinda do it.

I don't mind winning a game, I would just preferfor the win to come after every other team has at least two wins. If Miami has last place locked up going into the Bengals game I would love to get a win there. Or better yet if they were 0-15 going into the Patriots game and beat New England in the finale.

Back
Top Bottom