We should draft a QB in the 1st Round next yr | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We should draft a QB in the 1st Round next yr

dolfinfan305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
There is a quarterback by the name of J.P. Losman from Tulane whose play in college mostly resembles Steve McNairs. I think we can get him in the late 1st round. If we cant, we should be for Ben Roeth. from Miami of Ohio or Eli Manning from Ole Miss if they are available. This is not a knock on Fiedler - he is a good QB who has shown us that he can win with short to medium passes and running the ball when thers no play. His shortcoming though is the long ball and one of these QB's would fit us great!

Talked about Losman alot here. Losman would be a great fit here.

I think Fiedler would make a great tutor for a young qb.. He was a QB's coach for awhile wasnt he?

Fiedler would probably be a good tutor for a year or two, but we still have a GLARING need at OL. Besides unless Fiedler restructures, I am pretty sure his contract is too rich for us to keep him around.

If Wanny somehow remains the coach of this franchise you can virtually guarantee that there will be no QB in the first round. A QB is essentially a luxury pick for a guy who knows he's going to have a job for a while and that's something Wanny is certainly not assured of. Now, if we bring in a new HC who knows that he has two or three years of grace period before he's really expected to "win it all" then there's a strong likelihood that a QB could get selected in the first. We'll see who falls.

NOOOOOOOOO. all of our talent is too old to wait for a young QB to mature into a contender. I say either work with BG or free agency. Some names:
Couch!
Warner
Gannon
Stewart
Mcmahon-Det
maybe even Bledsoe

I agree with Expo, if Wanny stays (which means we at least win one playoff game) we don't draft a QB in the early rounds. Griese will be let go, and we will pick up either a lower-tier veteran FA or draft someone in the mid rounds.
The more likely outcome is that we have a new head coach, and I frankly think he will try to get a veteran via trade or FA and then perhaps draft someone to groom.

Name Scott Rislov

G 11
QBRat 129.0
Att Comp 437
Comp 261
Pct 59.7
Yds 3016
Y/A 6.9
Y/G 274.2
TD 18
Int 5
Long 66
Sack 19

Eli Manning would look great In Aqua and Orange, wouldn't he?? Question is, what jersey number would he take? Mare has 10, would Eli where 18?? YES. Drop Rosenfelds and lets creat anouther Manning 18. But right now, a QB isn't really the concern, its this god awfull offensicve line. Lets fix whats broke first, then up grade later.

By the way. I have the upmost respect for Mr. Fiedler. What a solid individual. He takes all this crap from you people, win or lose,(the NE game in which he played very well, then got all the slack for the loss) and comes back to play to win. However I did have this little fasination with seeing what Son of Bod could do for this team. The answer. Not a damn thing. Bobs kid is not right for this sytem, he's a lumbering oak tree with legs made of stone. Fiedler, despite repeated botched up long balls, has the disire to win, to lead, to light fire under these guys and say," Gentelmen, we're gonna win, lets get it done."

I feel fine with #9, The Dolphins will shine, with #9

Originally posted by spazzolian
Eli Manning would look great In Aqua and Orange, wouldn't he??

Only way we get him is to either trade up or lose every one of the rest of our games. I'd rather not do that.

I would LOVE, in an ideal world, to draft Philip Rivers. I think he will wind up being a better pro QB than Manning.

I'm afraid that 1st round pick this year is OL or WR. WR is a stretch, but there is a chance that somebody might drop down far enough to make them a better value than a nice guard or center. That's just not going to happen with a QB.

As to QB, I favor a Brunell-Fiedler (competing for the starting job) with a young QB behind them learning the system. It might be hard to get Jay to restructure and sign Brunell, but I think they're similar enough to effectively run the type of run first offense we'll have behind what will be an average line at best.

Back
Top Bottom