We should draft Maurice Clarrett | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We should draft Maurice Clarrett

finsrule09 said:
hey dont diss the buckeyes

This explains it. Let me try this homer technique.

We should draft Hakim Hill!!

I'd like to scoop him up day two...I'm positive this kid is a steal. Maybe not this year, maybe not next year, but he flashed a natural talent that you just can't teach and he's huge. He still beats Terrell Davis in a 40 yard race, and he's still young and very dumb. Give him some time and some NFL coaches.

Yeah, I definitely take him.

But I still take Ronnie Brown second overall also.

Taking Claurett is similar to the Will Poole deal last year. If he's there in the 6th round...or maybe even the 5th...I hope we look hard at it.

Ronnie Brown is the steal of the draft at 1 overall. We can't pass on that at 2.

HelloMotto said:
You people that say he suxxx or stay away know nothing about the kid. My lasting impression of m clarret was him running down the university of Miami player and stripping the ball back to Ohio State. Now that is a football player. Not a quitter as the media decided to call him after the combine. you will see. You all will see....

You are wrong, I do know one thing: He sucks and we should stay away from him.

Ohio state would not have won the national championship without him. But i guess everyone forgets about that. Yeah he really screwed up after that. Hopefully he has matured thru this process. As for the combine, He burn't himself out before he ran. He was working out long hours right up until he ran. You will see a better running this coming week. You could tell by looking at him that he was burn't out. I'm not making excusses but merely stating facts. wait and see.

Doktor Ivel said:
i wouldnt take Maurice Clarrett in the 7th round
i think if he was available in the 7th, we'd have to take him.

he IS good, its just his attitude that is a problem - that can be fixed with time, discipline, and aging/maturity.

he HAS skills... so in the 7th round he would be a steal. (i don't think he'll last that long though)

texasPHINSfan said:
i think if he was available in the 7th, we'd have to take him.

he IS good, its just his attitude that is a problem - that can be fixed with time, discipline, and aging/maturity.

he HAS skills... so in the 7th round he would be a steal. (i don't think he'll last that long though)

Yeah, my guess is that a team that has enough attitude problems like the Raiders will pick him in the 5th, probably.

clarret won the national title 4 the buckeyes how does he suck

I wouldn't let him on our practice squad...not worth the headache....stay away from quitters!

Hey, Im for it, Saban wont allow him to try and do something wrong and if he does he will be out, I think he is a steal. good post

Ricky=Dbag said:
take gore wit our 1st pick. that boy iz da bomb, and can get it krunk man. 2 surgeres, and stil takin namez.

Hey Gore's mom or agent whatever you are...Get a grip!!!! He is nowhere near 1st round material let alone the #2 pick. A later round I would not complain about but if he was taken by us in the 1st, Nick should be fired right there in the war room

finsrule09 said:
he is a good runningback and he is a late draft pick so we dont need to use our 2nd round overall 4 him......wut are ur opinions :cool:

If we are SMART enough to take Maurice Clarett, I would love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy has more talent than Benson. He is most comparable to Benson, but he has superior vision, and Clarett has great hands. He is the most savy back in the draft.

Furthermore - if you did not see the guy play 10 times (AND I DO MEAN YOU :yell: ALL YOU POSERS THAT TALK ABOUT A GUY AND HAVE NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY) Don't even respond to this post!!!!!!!!!!

Claretts stats 10 games 1190 yards 16 td 6.0 ypc

The guy could have had plenty more yards also - in some games he didnt even play the second half. None of the top 3 backs had stats that compare to these numbers last year (ronnie brown had 6.0 ypc) ..... but consider that all the other backs on Ohio St. roster couldn't average 4 ypc, and the following year they had to goto a spread offense because they could not run the football - which makes what he did behind an average line even more impressive!!!!

If we were smart enough to go in another direction early and pick this guy up late in the draft - I can't tell you how lucky all you fans would be!!

Back
Top Bottom