We should move on from Wake while were slashing prices | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We should move on from Wake while were slashing prices

If there is another DE pick high in this draft, Wake might be traded post-draft. I could also see a scenario where Wake is traded to a team in the playoff race if the Dolphins aren’t in the race themselves.

Wake's cap number is 8.6 Mill. If released our dead money would be 500k, cap savings would be 8.1 Mill. You don't release a player with 10.5 sacks who is in his last year. You renegotiate to lower his cap number and at his age make sure he retires as a Dolphin.

While I hope that happens you're still looking at it thru a fan's eyes or "fan-speak". The FO of any team doesn't care or isn't concerned with keeping a player to make sure they retire as one of the team....that's just plainly ridiculous. I agree they should try to renegotiate and keep him because he's still a factor on the field. What if someone offered a 3rd or 4th for him - would you turn it down just to keep him here out of loyalty?? If so, you're thinking with your heart (fan) and not your head (FO/business).

The FO of any team doesn't care or isn't concerned with keeping a player to make sure they retire as one of the team...

Wrong. Robert Kraft risked losing Belichick and gave away a very talented Jimmy Garapolo to please Tommy Boy and ensure Brady retires a Patriot. It happens and while it’s not the norm it’s good business.

Wrong. Robert Kraft risked losing Belichick and gave away a very talented Jimmy Garapolo to please Tommy Boy and ensure Brady retires a Patriot. It happens and while it’s not the norm it’s good business.

No.....not wrong.

Did you not see my post above.....I said with the possible exception of Brady (Mr. Bundchen)...I acknowledged that he would probably be the only one so entitled.

So, you mention ONE PLAYER (who I've already mentioned) who might get the advantage of dictating his terms but discount that I'm undeniably correct about the other 99.9% of the league....good argument - FAIL.

Every single year there is someone who wants to get rid of one of the best All time phins. Some people just don’t any to help watch the world burn.

Only way I get “rid” of him is, with his approval, if a contender offers a 2nd or 1st round pick and that would mostly be to do him a solid for being the pro that he is. Guy deserves a ring.
Thank you. This x infinity.

giphy_DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.gif

We are not a contender. Not even a wild card contender. I don't care about the past. He's 36 years old and makes a heavy amount of money. He should have been let go yesterday.

Let him get an opportunity to go play with a winner. We get the cap space. Win/win.

I say cut him. Anything that will increase the likelihood of a fan boycott is a good idea.

No, my argument is undeniably factual although you may find it hard to accept....My point was simply no player is kept on board due to past performance out of loyalty or appreciation if they underperform or become a drag. BTW, I love Wake and hope he stays & retires a Dolphin....perhaps he'll restructure but at some point soon push is gonna come to shove.
That has nothing to do with a fan heart. He is a player you want on your team. He still performs. He is a team player. His cap space can be moved to the next 2 or 3 years when our cap situation is better. On the other hand if there is a team who is willing to give us value we trade him.
Past performance, future expectations and salary has to be in sync and present a certain value. In case of Suh he never performed up to his salary. There is not one stat where you can say "oh wow, he is worth it." He took plays off, he freelanced, he was undisciplined by taking penalties in the most inopportune times.
In case of Landry his stats are a result of us lacking in other areas not because we were so great or he was so great. Dolphins decided to go a different route and not to rely on a slot receiver and he became expandable. Though offering him 13 Mill is more than appreciating him. He wants to argue over 2 Mill all I can say is "good bye".

The only people who are emotional about players were those who wanted to pay Landry 16 Mill because he is so emotional. Landry and Suh are good players and will help their future teams but neither is great and expandable and certainly did not represent any value for us.

I understand the business aspect of this kind of move and would understand if we did it. I would prefer we do ONE right thing this year and let him retire a Dolphin on HIS terms.

Back
Top Bottom