We should trade Feeley | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We should trade Feeley

Hellion said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boon
Also

Kerry Collins was on pace to pass for over 4000 yards if he had started the whole season and they had bad defense, lost Jerry Rice and Tim Brown and had worst rushing game in NFL. If Collins had a defense like the Dolphins they wud of won more games.

Even Jeff Garcia had a better season than Feeley
Browns r probably worst team in NFL they have horrible defense and absolutly NO offensive weapons except Kellen Winslow and he got hurt and out of season.
Despite all the obstacles in his way Jeff Garcia still managed 1732 Passing yards 10 tds 9 ints 57% pass completion. Again imagine if Garcia had weapons like Chambers,Booker,Mcmichael,Derrius and a Defense like Dolphins.

Ill give Feeley the benefit of the doubt and assume Wanny didnt give him a chance and let him battle it out with Gus thought mini camps and preseason.
Otherwise we might be in a similar situation like Redskins and Lions.

So I take it you're just a casual fan.

I concure.... :confused2:

How did he compete with Gus when Wannstedt was here and Gus wasn't? :confused:

I am hoping you meant Fiedler.

AJ will have an extremely short leash. The kind that many not even secure him the starting job going into training camp. Why? Because he put up a 61.7 rating and caused six TDs by the opposition (5 int's & 1 fumble). Not to mention, we have a new coach who has no person stake in his success or failure. Most coaches want to put their stamp on the team and that usually starts at the QB position.

The David Carr comparisons bolster the anti-AJ argument as he was sacked 3.1 times per game compared to Feeley's 2.1. The left side of the Houston line was an absolute disaster and if it wasn't for Carr's and Johnson's performance, their line would be compared to ours for ineptitude.

Many here are falling into the Fiedler trap. The trap that rationalizes that you have to upgrade every position around the QB in order to upgrade the performance of the QB. This is absent of the reality that you need to bring in a better QB to upgrade the play at the position. This concept is not grasped by many here.

thepoolboy said:
AJ will have an extremely short leash. The kind that many not even secure him the starting job going into training camp. Why? Because he put up a 61.7 rating and caused six TDs by the opposition (5 int's & 1 fumble). Not to mention, we have a new coach who has no person stake in his success or failure. Most coaches want to put their stamp on the team and that usually starts at the QB position.

The David Carr comparisons bolster the anti-AJ argument as he was sacked 3.1 times per game compared to Feeley's 2.1. The left side of the Houston line was an absolute disaster and if it wasn't for Carr's and Johnson's performance, their line would be compared to ours for ineptitude.

Many here are falling into the Fiedler trap. The trap that rationalizes that you have to upgrade every position around the QB in order to upgrade the performance of the QB. This is absent of the reality that you need to bring in a better QB to upgrade the play at the position. This concept is not grasped by many here.

Yeah? Well neither is the concept of what happened last year and that you and others put the complete blame on one man in what is widely known as the ultimate team sport.

thepoolboy said:

While I agree with some of your points, you also have to take into concideration other factors. This was a new offensive line(4 new starters at the begining... 5 by the end) in a poor offensive blocking scheme, created by a new offensive line coach(to our team) and the list can go on. That is not nearly the same situation David Carr was in with the Texans last year. I am not defending Feeley by any means, but to compare the two situations is... well.. just not fair.

kingfin said:
Gus will start this year.Saben is not big on Feeley.We should trade the 3rd stringer QB Feeley who didnt beat out Detmer in philly.Its a bad trade .They happen.Maybe we can get a 3 round pick for him and move on.Draft Alex Smith.Start Gus.Dont tell me give A.J a chance ..We did already.David Carr in his rookie year got sacked the most ever in the game,and didnt panic in the pocket.A.J panics in the pocket period.Cant teach being scared in the NFL.The way i see it.A.J didnt beat out Detmer.He had trouble beating out Fielder.I think Gus is a little better then both.Dont get me wrong they all suck.Thats why we take Alex Smith in the draft.

Feeley owns you son! :lol:

BlitPhinFan said:
While I agree with some of your points, you also have to take into concideration other factors. This was a new offensive line(4 new starters at the begining... 5 by the end) in a poor offensive blocking scheme, created by a new offensive line coach(to our team) and the list can go on. That is not nearly the same situation David Carr was in with the Texans last year. I am not defending Feeley by any means, but to compare the two situations is... well.. just not fair.

Well said. Let's not forget what other defenses were doing to us for three quarters of the season - sit on wanny's routes (everyone knew them) and throw the kitchen sink at the new kid - Feeley - to his credit and detriment tried to do too much in many of these situations but the kid has heart - and yes, I know, fiedler had heart too - just a point.

BLUEPHIN said:
Well said. Let's not forget what other defenses were doing to us for three quarters of the season - sit on wanny's routes (everyone knew them) and throw the kitchen sink at the new kid - Feeley - to his credit and detriment tried to do too much in many of these situations but the kid has heart - and yes, I know, fiedler had heart too - just a point.

Aye, by mid season you could really start to notice this. They knew there was confusion in reading the coverages that the defense showed. Nobody, I repeat nobody on the offense was on the same page as to what routes to run in certain coverages that were shown. Personally I am suprised we didn't throw more interceptions for touchdowns. Did anyone notice that when Bates took over quite a few of those things declined? Why... because he wasn't doing what other teams expected of Wannstedt. Not to knock Wannstedt too hard as he DID want to win but, the man was predictable as all get out.

EDIT: Please let me know your take on what you saw.

kingfin said:
Im not Saben ,but i no football.The problem is you only watch Dolphin football.I wacth Dolphin football and alot of other games.I watch football all day on Sunday.You watch the Dolphin game,and then go to bed.Watch Feeley .Then go look at David Carr.You will no what im saying.

And you obviously don't "no" english. :roflmao:

I am not so much a Feeley fan, but the guy has had little chance yet. Trading him would be stupid, we'd be lucky to get a 6th round. More over, he did beat new england last year. I think that is reason enough to give him a shot this year.

I didn't know that David Carr became the "gold standard" when it comes to quarterbacks.

Those Texans sure are lucky to have him.... :shakeno:

I dont think we would get much in a trade.Maybe a 4th or 5th at best.Philly raped us for a 2nd rounder for Feeley.He's not the future and i think we will draft a Qb and he will be starting after this next season if Feeley flops.

Don`t trade Feeley, you`re not gonna get squat for him at this point. For some reason, I just think that Gus is going to come out of camp as the starter, what with his knowledge of Linehans offense. I`m not a Gus fan at all, but he did look pretty damn good in relief of Culpepper. I`m sure AJ`s going to get his chance at some point during the year, and you could do alot worse at backup QB than him, but I think Gus is our opening day starter.

kingfin said:
Gus will start this year.Saben is not big on Feeley.We should trade the 3rd stringer QB Feeley who didnt beat out Detmer in philly.Its a bad trade .They happen.Maybe we can get a 3 round pick for him and move on.Draft Alex Smith.Start Gus.Dont tell me give A.J a chance ..We did already.David Carr in his rookie year got sacked the most ever in the game,and didnt panic in the pocket.A.J panics in the pocket period.Cant teach being scared in the NFL.The way i see it.A.J didnt beat out Detmer.He had trouble beating out Fielder.I think Gus is a little better then both.Dont get me wrong they all suck.Thats why we take Alex Smith in the draft.

What could we trade him for?????????????
A six pack and a pizza. AJ still hasn't proven anything. I like him and think he may have some skills but it's all unproven at this point. WannSpiel is not making the decsions for any of the other teams right now. Who would give up anything for AJ Feeley?????

Redvs.Blue Phin said:
I didn't know that David Carr became the "gold standard" when it comes to quarterbacks.

Those Texans sure are lucky to have him.... :shakeno:

You missed the point with the many David Carr comparisons. He's been compared to Rodgers in some threads due to the Tedford connection. He's been analyzed as being a high draft pick who some feel is a bust. He's been compared to Feeley as both play behind subpar offensive lines.

You cannot compare Feeley to the likes of Manning, Brady or McNabb as their situations and collective status is completely different.

Back
Top Bottom