We Still Make the Playoffs! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Still Make the Playoffs!

New England Fin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok - I got your attention.

Yes, the news of Ricky retiring is shocking. Initially, I gave up on the season and was ready to focus entirely on winning my fantasy league again. But I was on the road all day today and had time to do a lot of thinking. Obviously, the big question is can we replace him? Our running game last year was not great. Granted this was a result of the o-line's incompetence, not Ricky's failure to run hard. But the fact is he only averaged 3.5 ypc. With a younger, bigger o-line is it reasonable to expect that type of production from a new back? If the o-line is even slightly improved we should be able to get some decent RB production. Remember, Boston will help reduce the number of times our offense sees 8 in the box. So I think that RB production like last year is definitely within reach. With a back like Minor we may also have more flexibility to pass on 1st down.

The defense should be at least as good as last year (assuming we get O-Gun signed; with Howard and Poole also added). The passing game should be better. The running game should be able to do what it did last year. Why can't we go 10-6 and make the playoffs?

On a totally separate note, I think this offense is built to peak in about 3 years. Everyone is 27 or under. The only person who wouldn't peak in 3 years is Ricky. At 27 now, Ricky would be 30 and headed downhill by then (RB's just don't last as long as other players). His decision forces us to get a young stud RB now or next year. If we do that, this new young RB should be on the same timetable as the rest of our offense. If we can sign O-Gun and add a few more pieces to the D, we will actually be a better team in 3 years because of this retirement. I know many feel this team is built to win now, but even with Ricky the Super Bowl this year would have been a long shot. The playoffs, however, are still within reach.

You guys dont get the point. With RW we are SB contenders! Arent you guys getting tired of mediocrocy? I for one dont want another wild card loss. AFC Championship or bust! Unfortunatley its looking like bust

I see Ricky isn't the only one in South Florida who has inhaled recently.:goof:

The playoffs? Try a three way tie for second place. The Fins, Jets and Bills will cancel each other out. I don't see a wild card coming out of this division, and if it does it won't be the Dolphins who get it.

The Pats won 2 Super Bowls with Antowain Smith and Kevin Faulk. Minor is at least as good as those guys. Our defense is at least as good as the Pats defense. It still comes down to the passing game - no matter how you look at it.

Back
Top Bottom