We Suck 1 Year Too Early | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Suck 1 Year Too Early

Yes I can enjoy three more Sundays.

Short-sighted for the fans who have zero control or the players and coaches who grind out every Sunday for a win?
The season has already been thrown away though. That's what purging the roster of all the high priced veterans or letting them walk in free agency and not replacing them did. So since the season is already going to lead to nowhere, I'd rather just rip the band-aid off, take the pain, and endure a 2 win season rather than win 6 since at least that pain is going to actually lead to some hope.

I ask this all the time, but how often do people look back at the Moore season where he took over for Henne and they ended up winning 6 games and think, "Wow, that season was really fun, I wish all seasons could be like that"? Nobody does, because that 6 win season was garbage, just like last season was, except it was worse because we went from leading the race for Luck to ending up with Tannehill.

Winning those meaningless games at the end of the season cost us SEVEN YEARS. I have a good memory, so I'm just rooting for us not to make the same mistake twice which could definitely happen if we go from Tua to Fromm.

Am I asking the players or coaches to purposefully mess up every now and then to secure the tanking? Absolutely not. They're going to do what they need to do in order to win games, but if we're sitting there at 1-8 and in last place I'm certainly asking them to not put in Fitzpatrick because that's just franchise suicide.

Here's my question for Orlovsky - Top 30 in what category? And why are we using Top 30 as an arbitrary number? Why not Top 25 defenses? Top 10? Top 5? Top 2?

Because Tua is the only one that faced the top 2 defenses in the country {Clemson and Mississippi St.}. Nobody else qualifies.

He's the only one that faced 5 defenses ranked in the top 30 in scoring defense {Clemson, Mississippi St., Auburn, Georgia, LSU} - and the only one who faced 4 defenses in the top 30 in total defense {Mississippi St., Clemson, Georgia, LSU}

The fact that he faced Clemson, Mississippi St., Georgia, and LSU is what skews those stats in terms of the turnovers. Those were brutal defenses, and he was playing injured.

No Orlovsky, the reason he didn't win the Heisman is because the Heisman winner Kyler Murray didn't have to face those caliber defenses. The best defense he faced all season was Army.

Compare Tua's performance against the same defenses both he and Fromm faced {LSU, Auburn, Missouri, Tennessee} and let's see what the stats tell us. Anybody want to run that one?

How many top 30 defenses did Trevor Lawrence face? The answer is two. When they got to the playoffs - Alabama and Notre Dame.

So the bottom line is this, who is this quarterback during their first season as a starter that didn't see a dropoff in their production and annihilated top 30 defenses like a knife through hot butter?

Was it Peyton Manning? Baker Mayfield? Patrick Mahomes? Aaron Rodgers? Drew Brees? Kyler Murray? Matthew Stafford? Andrew Luck?

Who the **** was it? I'm getting a little tired of asking this question and getting no answer.

That's why I put it on here....bc I didn't know. I stopped following D.O. a long time ago on twitter because he seemed like a blo-hard. Thanks for the response.

That's why I put it on here....bc I didn't know. I stopped following D.O. a long time ago on twitter because he seemed like a blo-hard. Thanks for the response.

Tua still has a lot to prove - he knows it. The coaches know it. The NFL knows it. We all know it. Orlovsky has played the position - he knows it. He knows how much better he was during his 3rd and 4th years starting in college compared to his first.

That's why evaluating quarterbacks is so difficult. Especially young quarterbacks, because there's so much room for improvement - and all quarterbacks improve from their 1st years starting in college all the way to their 2nd or 3rd year in the NFL. Your body changes. You gain experience. It's just a massive change. That's life.

Tua has legitimate knocks and things he must demonstrate, like durability and learning how to protect himself better. Learning how to take what the defense is giving sometimes instead of turning every play into a homerun. Just things you learn from experience. He does need to play better against the best teams he'll face. And he will. A lot of the things he saw last year in the biggest games against the best DC's in the game he saw for the first time. Disguising coverages and showing something completely different after the snap.

Right now Tua is operating at probably around 50% capacity in terms of what he'll eventually know in regards to how to play the position from a mental standpoint and understanding defenses. Everything he's done so far he's done just off pure talent and ability to throw the football with laser like precision. That's the type of things you have to keep in mind.

Orlovsky knows this. I don't think he was necessarily disparaging Tua in any way, I just think as a member of the media now it's his job to kinda push a narrative out there without including all the facts. People tend to take off and run with it, and it becomes more of an agenda than an observation.

Tua still has a lot to prove - he knows it. The coaches know it. The NFL knows it. We all know it. Orlovsky has played the position - he knows it. He knows how much better he was during his 3rd and 4th years starting in college compared to his first.

That's why evaluating quarterbacks is so difficult. Especially young quarterbacks, because there's so much room for improvement - and all quarterbacks improve from their 1st years starting in college all the way to their 2nd or 3rd year in the NFL. Your body changes. You gain experience. It's just a massive change. That's life.

Tua has legitimate knocks and things he must demonstrate, like durability and learning how to protect himself better. Learning how to take what the defense is giving sometimes instead of turning every play into a homerun. Just things you learn from experience. He does need to play better against the best teams he'll face. And he will. A lot of the things he saw last year in the biggest games against the best DC's in the game he saw for the first time. Disguising coverages and showing something completely different after the snap.

Right now Tua is operating at probably around 50% capacity in terms of what he'll eventually know in regards to how to play the position from a mental standpoint and understanding defenses. Everything he's done so far he's done just off pure talent and ability to throw the football with laser like precision. That's the type of things you have to keep in mind.

Orlovsky knows this. I don't think he was necessarily disparaging Tua in any way, I just think as a member of the media now it's his job to kinda push a narrative out there without including all the facts. People tend to take off and run with it, and it becomes more of an agenda than an observation.

I think you would agree that tua is way ahead of his experience level

The season has already been thrown away though. That's what purging the roster of all the high priced veterans or letting them walk in free agency and not replacing them did. So since the season is already going to lead to nowhere, I'd rather just rip the band-aid off, take the pain, and endure a 2 win season rather than win 6 since at least that pain is going to actually lead to some hope.

I ask this all the time, but how often do people look back at the Moore season where he took over for Henne and they ended up winning 6 games and think, "Wow, that season was really fun, I wish all seasons could be like that"? Nobody does, because that 6 win season was garbage, just like last season was, except it was worse because we went from leading the race for Luck to ending up with Tannehill.

Winning those meaningless games at the end of the season cost us SEVEN YEARS. I have a good memory, so I'm just rooting for us not to make the same mistake twice which could definitely happen if we go from Tua to Fromm.

Am I asking the players or coaches to purposefully mess up every now and then to secure the tanking? Absolutely not. They're going to do what they need to do in order to win games, but if we're sitting there at 1-8 and in last place I'm certainly asking them to not put in Fitzpatrick because that's just franchise suicide.

I agree with this. I would much rather win 2 games this year and draft a "POTENTIAL FRANCHISE QB" than win 7 games with no shot at a top QB and have to go season after season in the same situation. Lets bite the bullet now.

I’m with you on this. I would start Rosen and if he went down I would play Ruddock. I hate that Fitzpatrick is even on the team. His existence here can only screw up our future.

Yeah. He's obviously been such a BAD influence on Rosen!

Just awful.

Playing the Devil's Advocate to the OP's premise, maybe if we've lucked out, this was the perfect year to suck because

.... AZ hired a losing college coach with a system that never worked and Kyler Murray declared his eligibility for the draft!

Back
Top Bottom