We Suck 1 Year Too Early | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Suck 1 Year Too Early

Cincinatti, Tampa, Oakland, Tennessee.

We don’t want to finish behind any of them. And at least 2 of them will be trying to get in front of us should we not land the top pick.

Tennessee probably won’t have the ammo.

The good news is all 4 teams are more talented than Miami. The bad news is miami may show to have better coaching and scheme. And yes that’s bad news for draft purposes.

Washington and the Giants did us favors already.
Oakland is better than most of those teams. They have added some significant talent to that team. Of course injuries happen, but they are probably at least a 7 and 9 or 8 and 8 team.

Oakland is better than most of those teams. They have added some significant talent to that team. Of course injuries happen, but they are probably at least a 7 and 9 or 8 and 8 team.

You may be right. That o line definitely looks improved.

Tua or Trevor.

One of them needs to be a Dolphin.

I think this season will be the telling factor, If Tua takes another step up in his QB development this year it would be hard to pass that up when there's no guarantee we will have the no.1 pick in 2021. On the other hand if Trevor proves he's the best qb prospect since Manning/Luck I think we have to do whatever it takes to get him. Let Rosen QB for two years, draft a DE or a RT in 2020 or trade for picks and position ourselves to draft him in 2021.

I don’t think tanking or even drafting no 1 guarantees you anything. Where was Marino drafted? Montana? Brady? How many top 3 picks did Cleveland have before they SEEM to have gotten it right w Mayfield. Remember when Detroit was taking QBs all the time before they got Stafford? The Bengals? So many busts. Build a program that generates fundamentally sound teams and one day you’ll get the QB thing right. Look at Harbaugh in Baltimore. Competitive team every year and no, Flacco was never a franchise QB. What they do is a recipe for sustained competitive success. What we’ve done for too long is try to hit HRs in FA, coupled w dorky offensive minded coaches who would be better served playing wizards in a Harry Potter movie. I like what we are doing and I predict we will have a tough, competitive team. Now if we get above average QB play we can make a push for the playoffs. Last thing I want is for us to be drafting early next year. It didn’t work out so well the last couple of times for us. Build a solid program that can endure personnel changes and take your best shot year in year out.

Thank you!

Hypothetical question: Let's say Brady suddenly retires or gets hurt and on Dec. 29th, the Patriots and the Dolphins are tied for the worst record in the league. Do you try to win the game?

I think this season will be the telling factor, If Tua takes another step up in his QB development this year it would be hard to pass that up when there's no guarantee we will have the no.1 pick in 2021. On the other hand if Trevor proves he's the best qb prospect since Manning/Luck I think we have to do whatever it takes to get him. Let Rosen QB for two years, draft a DE or a RT in 2020 or trade for picks and position ourselves to draft him in 2021.
If that's the case then the only way to get Trevor would be to end up with the worst record in 2020. Nobody is going to trade the #1 overall pick with Lawrence sitting there.

Hypothetical question: Let's say Brady suddenly retires or gets hurt and on Dec. 29th, the Patriots and the Dolphins are tied for the worst record in the league. Do you try to win the game?

Obviously, the players try to win the game about as hard as they usually do (which for the Dolphins probably isn't very hard). The coaching staff absolutely tries to win, because regardless of what Dumbo told Grier and Flores, they're both sitting on nuclear reactors if the team has 0-2 wins after Christmas. So the answer is, yeah, the Dolphins will try to win the game.

Doesn't mean that they should.

You're the GM.

If we take Tua next draft and are the worst team again with Trevor Lawrence sitting there what do you do?

You're the GM.

If we take Tua next draft and are the worst team again with Trevor Lawrence sitting there what do you do?

Depends entirely on how Tua plays. If he sucks you take Lawrence, if not you trade the pick away for a king's ransom.

That is assuming Lawrence comes out in 2021 and he isnt a bust before then.

No.

****, I'm trying to lose against the Steelers, Skins, Bengals, and Giants.

It's too bad we won that pointless game last season. Could of had the far superior prospect in Ed Oliver.

Lawrence has not looked good at all this year through 3 games. Don’t see the hype. Had a great freshmen season but now there’s tape on him and defenses are adjusting and he’s not having his way this year.

At least things aren't boring!! With Tannehill, Gase and Burke I was totally bored with the team, the direction of the team and had little hope that better days were coming soon. At least now, we're finally the team that everyone's pissed at for being bold and amassing major cash and picks! If you want a super star QB he usually comes very early in the first round, sometimes #1. I think Tua comes off the board first and becomes a dolphin. After that, we have tons of draft capital to build a team around him and a huge war chest of money.

Back
Top Bottom