We Suck 1 Year Too Early | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Suck 1 Year Too Early

I think both Tua and Lawrence get exposed this year. Herbert too. Herbert is the most overrated out of the 3. Tua and Lawrence have great systems around them. All of their stats are inflated.

Your player evals have been known to be laughably bad, as is this latest "take"

I just hope we don't have to give up a ton of daft capital say couple of 1's an a couple of 2's and end up with the wrong QB and were irrelevant for 2 to 4 years.

I'm not sure Lawrence is somebody you would be able to "move up and get" if he continues along his current path whoever gets the #1 pick is drafting him case closed.
You know Jim irsay is already planning on going 0-16 to get him

I just hope we don't have to give up a ton of daft capital say couple of 1's an a couple of 2's and end up with the wrong QB and were irrelevant for 2 to 4 years.

My hope is Tua is not the only QB they want.

And given Andrew Luck's injury history, how well has that worked out for Chuck Pagano?
Hmm, he’s not out for the year, he’s still young, even in hindsight I would say yea.

Your player evals have been known to be laughably bad, as is this latest "take"

Please do feel free to give examples of those past bad players evals. Luckily we have a year to see which one of us is right but maybe you should attack my comment and not me and my opinion to prove your point.

But truthfully, you cant because what I said is right. Both Alabama and Clemson are powerhouse programs and their QB's should definitely be benefiting from that fact.

Clemson and Alabama have dominated college football for almost the last half decade. Guess it is all because of Tua and Lawrence...

If Tua and Lawrence played for FIU they wouldnt be anywhere near the prospects they are.

I will admit Lawrence looks great but that does not mean he hasnt benefited from Clemsons dominance.

Last edited:
Please do feel free to give examples of those past bad players evals. Luckily we have a year to see which one of us is right but maybe you should attack my comment and not me and my opinion to prove your point.

But truthfully, you cant because what I said is right. Both Alabama and Clemson are powerhouse programs and their QB's should definitely be benefiting from that fact.

Clemson and Alabama have dominated college football for almost the last half decade. Guess it is all because of Tua and Lawrence...

If Tua and Lawrence played for FIU they wouldnt be anywhere near the prospects they are.

I will admit Lawrence looks great but that does not mean he hasnt benefited from Clemsons dominance.

Thinking Tua and Lawrence get exposed is a laughably bad take.

You think Bobby McCain isn't fast enough for the slot, yet he timed a 4.51 and one of the best 3-cone times for DBs the year he got drafted.

You claimed Ryan Fitzpatrick could get this team to the playoffs. "I can see 10-6"

You claim wide receivers are a dime in a dozen, which is why every team has a player like DeAndre Hopkins or Julio Jones, right?

Hmm, he’s not out for the year, he’s still young, even in hindsight I would say yea.
Is Pagano still the coach of the Colts? That's who I was asking about, not Luck. And ultimately, that's my point. Which coach or player is going to willingly sacrifice their career by tanking for the betterment of the franchise?

Thinking Tua and Lawrence get exposed is a laughably bad take.

You think Bobby McCain isn't fast enough for the slot, yet he timed a 4.51 and one of the best 3-cone times for DBs the year he got drafted.

You claimed Ryan Fitzpatrick could get this team to the playoffs. "I can see 10-6"

You claim wide receivers are a dime in a dozen, which is why every team has a player like DeAndre Hopkins or Julio Jones, right?

100% right on all claims.

Tua and Lawrence are arguable. Fitz too but Bobby McCain and wide recievers?

I wonder why they dont have Bobby McCain in the slot anymore? Cause he cant cover it. The guy is over paid slow and cant tackle well. If you think otherwise explain why?

We currently have 7 wide receievers to choose from and might have just signed our best one as an undrafted free agent. You lose you this one.

To my count, I am right on 2 and could possibly be be right about all 4 by the end of the season.

I would like for another person to opine on the matter to see what others think.

The Tua and Lawrence thing is also right. They have benefitted from playing at their reapective schools, the only argument is just how much.

100% right on all claims.

Tua and Lawrence are arguable. Fitz too but Bobby McCain and wide recievers?

I wonder why they dont have Bobby McCain in the slot anymore? Cause he cant cover it. The guy is over paid slow and cant tackle well. If you think otherwise explain why?

We currently have 7 wide receievers to choose from and might have just signed our best one as an undrafted free agent. You lose you this one.

To my count, I am right on 2 and could possibly be be right about all 4 by the end of the season.

I would like for another person to opine on the matter to see what others think.

The Tua and Lawrence thing is also right. They have benefitted from playing at their reapective schools, the only argument is just how much.

In 2017 when Bobby McCain was primarily a slot corner, he was one of the best slot corners in the league. You can check the tape on that one.

Tua and Lawrence are not arguable at all. Tua had the best completion percentage on deep throws of any player in college football last year and Trevor Lawrence, as a true freshman, led his team to a national championship.

Let's see Preston Williams make the roster and start some regular season games before crowning him Miami's best receiver. So no, I don't lose this one.

And another post where you said Christian Wilkins wasn't playing well, you can go see the thread of Brian Baldinger, who I trust a hell of a lot more than you on player evaluations, talk about Wilkins being as good as advertised.

By your logic on the Tua/Lawrence thing - Is Brees only good because of Michael Thomas? Is Matt Ryan only good because of Julio Jones? Is Deshaun Watson only good becasue of Deandre Hopkins? Is Mahomes only good because of Kelce and Hill?

You have literally no proof to back up any of your claims. It's just you spouting off a bunch of whataboutisms.

Is Pagano still the coach of the Colts? That's who I was asking about, not Luck. And ultimately, that's my point. Which coach or player is going to willingly sacrifice their career by tanking for the betterment of the franchise?
Pagano is now the def coordinator for the bears..

I have a different take on tanking..I don’t believe it has much to do with coaches or players, all front office related.

I’d be more worried about giving up the draft capitol than getting the qb part wrong.

At least until they turn in that qb card

In 2017 when Bobby McCain was primarily a slot corner, he was one of the best slot corners in the league. You can check the tape on that one.

Tua and Lawrence are not arguable at all. Tua had the best completion percentage on deep throws of any player in college football last year and Trevor Lawrence, as a true freshman, led his team to a national championship.

Let's see Preston Williams make the roster and start some regular season games before crowning him Miami's best receiver. So no, I don't lose this one.

And another post where you said Christian Wilkins wasn't playing well, you can go see the thread of Brian Baldinger, who I trust a hell of a lot more than you on player evaluations, talk about Wilkins being as good as advertised.

By your logic on the Tua/Lawrence thing - Is Brees only good because of Michael Thomas? Is Matt Ryan only good because of Julio Jones? Is Deshaun Watson only good becasue of Deandre Hopkins? Is Mahomes only good because of Kelce and Hill?

You have literally no proof to back up any of your claims. It's just you spouting off a bunch of whataboutisms.

PFF also said Tua had highest amount of passes with perfect placement in all of college football last year.

Back
Top Bottom