We Suck 1 Year Too Early | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Suck 1 Year Too Early

dol-phan007

Money is Power
Reaction score
We have needed a franchise QB for a long long time. Not that I'm glad we are bad enough to possibly get the first pick in the draft but I think that is the only way (other than trading away many picks with future 1st round picks) to get a top QB that will be with us for the next 15 years.

I feel that we are bad 1 year too early with Trevor Lawrence coming out in 2021. Maybe I'm crazy but im not 100% sure that Tua will be who we think want him to be.

I wish there was a loophole in the system that allowed us to draft Trevor Lawrence if we happened to pick first.

You keep looking for "loopholes" buddy.
Games are played on the field, and the players aren't concerned with sucking, or tanking, or what pick theyre gonna get in the next draft.
15 year QBs???????? that's a pretty small percentage as it stands right now.

I never said we are tanking, players concerned with sucking, or worried about what pick we get in the draft.

What I am saying is we are a very bad team because the people in charge traded away some of our best players and didnt replace most them. In return we will be picking pretty close to 1st in next years draft and its our luck as dolphins fans that one of the best QB prospects ever is not eligible to be drafted until 2021.

Last edited:
I don’t think tanking or even drafting no 1 guarantees you anything. Where was Marino drafted? Montana? Brady? How many top 3 picks did Cleveland have before they SEEM to have gotten it right w Mayfield. Remember when Detroit was taking QBs all the time before they got Stafford? The Bengals? So many busts. Build a program that generates fundamentally sound teams and one day you’ll get the QB thing right. Look at Harbaugh in Baltimore. Competitive team every year and no, Flacco was never a franchise QB. What they do is a recipe for sustained competitive success. What we’ve done for too long is try to hit HRs in FA, coupled w dorky offensive minded coaches who would be better served playing wizards in a Harry Potter movie. I like what we are doing and I predict we will have a tough, competitive team. Now if we get above average QB play we can make a push for the playoffs. Last thing I want is for us to be drafting early next year. It didn’t work out so well the last couple of times for us. Build a solid program that can endure personnel changes and take your best shot year in year out.

I never said we are tanking, players concerned with sucking, or worried about what pick we get in the draft.

What I am saying is we are a very bad team because the people in charge traded away our best players and didnt replace them. In return we will be picking pretty close to 1st in next years draft and its our luck as dolphins fans that one of the best QB prospects ever is not eligible to be drafted until 2021.

If that's the case trade the high 2020 draft pick for multiple future picks including a 2021 first round pick from a team you expect to suck in 2020. That would give Miami their own high pick in 2021 plus another teams too. They would be in position to draft Lawrence or move up to get him.

If that's the case trade the high 2020 draft pick for multiple future picks including a 2021 first round pick from a team you expect to suck in 2020. That would give Miami their own high pick in 2021 plus another teams too. They would be in position to draft Lawrence or move up to get him.

I'm not sure Lawrence is somebody you would be able to "move up and get" if he continues along his current path whoever gets the #1 pick is drafting him case closed.

I may be in the minority but I do think there are plenty of players out there that could have been Brady, Brees, Ryan, Wilson, Rivers, etc... There are extreme outliers like Mahomes and Newton who are just athletic marvels that happen to play quarterback but for the most part successful quarterbacks are a product of a confluence of events, some of which are entirely outside the control of the player.

Clearly you have to find a rather extraordinary individual with the talent, work ethic, and desire to succeed at the highest level but I do think there are quite a few out there that can fit that bill.

Trevor??, hell this franchise should of been led by Wilson or at least Mahomes at this point, if good evaluators were in charge that is..

Good news, it’s a unique situation where having Tua, Love, Herbert, Fromm play a full year in college battling it out, it won’t take much to figure out the order..we will have so much quality reps.

What I am saying is we are a very bad team because the people in charge traded away our best players and didnt replace them. In return we will be picking pretty close to 1st in next years draft and its our luck as dolphins fans that one of the best QB prospects ever is not eligible to be drafted until 2021.

Who are all these "best players" that we "traded away" and "never replaced" which is the reason why we are bad today?

We have needed a franchise QB for a long long time. Not that I'm glad we are bad enough to possibly get the first pick in the draft but I think that is the only way (other than trading away many picks with future 1st round picks) to get a top QB that will be with us for the next 15 years.

I feel that we are bad 1 year too early with Trevor Lawrence coming out in 2021. Maybe I'm crazy but im not 100% sure that Tua will be who we think want him to be.

I wish there was a loophole in the system that allowed us to draft Trevor Lawrence if we happened to pick first.

Maybe this post is about 8 months too early? Draft picks are what we need to be elite. 2020 draft is where you continue to get them.

The loophole is that the Miami Dolphins can trade out of the their 2020 1st round pick(s) as many times as they want acquiring the arsenal likely need to get that top pick in 2020. Maybe 3 QB's go in the top 3 in 2020 and one of those teams happens to have the top pick in 2021.

I like Josh Rosen, I can work with him. He could be pretty impressive with the right ensemble. I actually believe he's going to play us out of the top 3-4 draft range by winning a few games down the stretch.

I mean this in the best way possible; Dan Marino never won a super bowl. Is Trevor Lawrence going to be better than Dan Marino?

The Dolphins can really solidify their holes with 3-4 free agent signings and go into the draft ready to conquer it with flexibility.

Next years off season is going to be a blast. It will make the 2019 season worth having endured.

Back
Top Bottom