we traded our 5th for a 4th in 2022 from Pitt | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

we traded our 5th for a 4th in 2022 from Pitt

Surprised. Our FO has historically done a pretty good job woth mid round picks. Wouldn’t have minded a RB or LB, but can’t complain about the trade

One more thing guys. 9 RB's have been drafted so far in this draft. Then you had plenty of teams that didn't need a RB to start with so most of the RB's left on the board have a good chance to still be there at 231 if our team wants one of them.

I don't look at it like that at all.

Sure, you might get lucky and find a diamond, but that's just as true next year.

The fact is, we have had so many picks the last two years, that there is no way we can roster all of these late rounders. It would be a wasted resource if you are likely to just cut them anyway.
I have to agree with you to a point, but we used all of our cap money to sign depth which our lower rounds picks could have been used for.

We could have used our money to sign one starter such as Linsley or Aaron Jones.

I suggest you contact Grier on Twitter and give him a full list of all your holes that you want him to fill

Aaron-Rodgers-Smile-and-Laugh.gif

Normally I hate trading for future picks but I find that 5th through 7th rounders are worse than lottery tickets if you aren't drafting a kicker. Rounds one to four are much more valuable to me.

Normally I hate trading for future picks but I find that 5th through 7th rounders are worse than lottery tickets if you aren't drafting a kicker. Rounds one to four are much more valuable to me.
I agree...but thereis nothing like hitting on that 4th/5th/6th rounder...

Hell, as long as we don't draft a LS in round 7, I say we are ahead of the game.

I'm waiting for the UDFA draft now.

Last edited:
Kittle
Tyreek Hill
Stefon Diggs
Richard Sherman
Matthew Slater
Zach Thomas
Rodney Harrison
Bryan Cox
Herschel Walker
Kevin

Out of how many hundreds of picks? I guess he should emphasized MOSTLY

Yeah those players span multiple generations. If that is the list it just goes to show how much more valuable an earlier pick is in terms of success rate.

Does anyone know how many picks we now have next year and what rounds?

I know we gave up our 1st. but have San Fran’s and now we have this 4th from Pitt. We traded away our 3rd I believe in the trade yesterday so just have the San Fran 3rd round comp pick.

What else am I missing? Will we get comp picks after net free agency losses?
We should be receiving a 5th round comp pick.

Not getting Gainwell there is my first real disappointment of the draft.

I’ll be happier about it next year when we have that Pittsburgh pick.
I like him too, but we do already have a couple similar players to him in Perry and Bowden.

You’d hand off to Bowden or Perry 20 times a game?
Nope. I wouldn't do it with Gainwell either. I'd move him all over the offense.... Ace back, Slot, Wide, etc. He'd never carry it in the NFL 20 times for me unless he proves to be that kind of back in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom