We will not get Joey Porter | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We will not get Joey Porter

He would be nice to have as far as the future goes. We arn't going to have Zach here forever, he would be a nice replacement as a stong linebacker when Zach is gone.

I think this is more possible of happening than many of you. There is a lot of talent out there right now, I just hope that it doesn't go to waste in a Redskins uniform like normal. :D

well, the jets want porter too. If we can't get him, please keep him out of the AFC East.

I just think we will not sign Joey Porter. Every year there are players that we think we are going to sign and we never do. Julian Peterson, Lavar Arrington and the list goes on and on.

Lucky we didn't. Arrington broke down and Peterson cost $54 million. Not that we couldn't have used the latter, but we have bigger holes where we can spend that kind of money.

If Porter comes at the right price, we'll get something done. If not, you have to be responsible in your spending and stay focused on the long term.

We are all WISHING right now. But It would give OC's fits to have Porter and JT getting after the qb from 2 seperate sides of the line. That is almost illegeal...LMAO. You wouls have to keep at LEAST 1 back and a TE in to block on EVERY pass situation leaving 3 man routs for 7 people to cover. Insteant improvement to pass defense.

I know what you mean. Our already great "D" would become absolutely sick. Imagine ... making every other team's O-Line look like ours did in the early part of last year ... :evilmod:

The question is ... how much $$$ will he want? I still think that we should be concentrating on the offensive side of the ball, yet I've gotta admit ... this thought has me drooling a bit.

As long as we get a top tier FA that can be an instant upgrade an impact, I don't care if it's Porter at LB, Dielman at G, or Clements at CB. I'd welcome any "elite" FA, and that would allow us to focus on other positions in the draft. I do hope we pursue one.

Me personally, I would want Adalius Thomas, Joey Porter, or Donnie Edwards (don't think he would command as much money as the other two) because I think it's easier to draft an offensive lineman with the hopes of having him have an immediate impact, especially at guard. Whereas drafting an OLB with the expectations of him having an immediate impact seems to be a crapshoot given this years crop of OLB.

To me that has been our biggest problem is not being able to pull in the big name FA. Somthing has to give and to me the time is now. I'm tired of seeing the rich get richer while we get stiffed with injured QB's and dope smoking RB's.

I keep saying it....but if we could trade down and pick up Paul Posluzny from Penn State...versatile at OLB and MLB....it would be a step in making our defense younger and get guy would be great for the locker room and leadership. Plus less money spent at the #9 selection.
I have a feeling Porter likes Pittsburg and I don't see the Steelers letting one of their best players go.

Does anyone know if this is the year Seau really retires...he said he wants to continue to play.....but with who? He did play well up until his injury with the pats...but did seem to be saying thank you/goodbye to fans as he left the field after his injury

i wont be too disappointed if we dont get him.....it'll be tought to get a player like that ...but im still optimistic......i hate pessimists....think positive my man
Exaclty! All these pessismist piss me off. Cant stand them. My best friend (like my BEST friend) Just happens to be..A Jets fan. So OMG..he is a suck a pessimist. i mean..at tiems..i feel like im he jets friggin' fan not him. Like..during our fisrt game fo te season..when we were down 17-0 he was tlakin Sooo much crap...And then when we came back, and almsot tied it up (when Mare was lininup) hw as liek..yall gnan win..ok..promise u wont tlak crap..w suck..al lgona win..Im like..Wow..Stp bein a wussy.
So yha..bottom line is..Keep your chin up and good tings will happen.

The reason we don't always get the players we want is this thing called the salary cap, and the fact that there are 31 other teams.

However I do think we are one of the top teams in line for Porter if we get him or not no-one knows, but it isn't a pipe dream.

I just think we will not sign Joey Porter. Every year there are players that we think we are going to sign and we never do. Julian Peterson, Lavar Arrington and the list goes on and on.

Problem with your ideology is that in those years we were cap strapped. This year we can have a total of $35mil of cap space if we so choose. So money wont be a problem, as stated by the owner himself last month.

I am one who believes we "will" sign Joey Porter. This will open up our options come draft day.

But with all this Dielman and now Lelie rumors...I'm beginning to think that MIA is planning on either drafting Alan Branch, Amobi Okoye, or Brady Quinn now. Three that I wouldn't even had fathomed.

we'll see...

I want Ginn Jr or Landry, but if it is true that the new rumors are that MIA is thinking of "not" re-signing Traylor? Hmm.

Problem with your ideology is that in those years we were cap strapped. This year we can have a total of $35mil of cap space if we so choose. So money wont be a problem, as stated by the owner himself last month.

I am one who believes we "will" sign Joey Porter. This will open up our options come draft day.

But with all this Dielman and now Lelie rumors...I'm beginning to think that MIA is planning on either drafting Alan Branch, Amobi Okoye, or Brady Quinn now. Three that I wouldn't even had fathomed.

we'll see...

I want Ginn Jr or Landry, but if it is true that the new rumors are that MIA is thinking of "not" re-signing Traylor? Hmm. Dont like that.

Back
Top Bottom