We will not get Joey Porter | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We will not get Joey Porter

Problem with your ideology is that in those years we were cap strapped. This year we can have a total of $35mil of cap space if we so choose. So money wont be a problem, as stated by the owner himself last month.

Amen. I was just about to post that. Wayne said he was tire of losing and he was going to spend some money to rectify the situation. I don't think he means on draft picks either.

Every year since Wanny left, our cap situation has improved. You need to have money in oreder to spend it. I'm not saying we'll sign Porter, but with the release of several players and the cap increase we are in much better shape to make a run at players. I could care less if we sign any superstars as long as we improve (in no order LB, CB, QB, LT, WR, FS, TE).

Couldn't agree more.

Guys just don't get that we are just now recovering from the Wanny era. Not saying we'll get Porter or Dielman but our past history can't be used as a bearing on what we'll do as we have a completely new crew running things and a more favorable cap situation.

Yeah he was wrong but it was a 50/50 crapshoot. No big deal. In most cases (the past) we wouldn't have gotten a guy like JP.

Back
Top Bottom