We will not get Joey Porter | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We will not get Joey Porter

CChambers7284

The Biggest Fins Fan from CT
Reaction score
I just think we will not sign Joey Porter. Every year there are players that we think we are going to sign and we never do. Julian Peterson, Lavar Arrington and the list goes on and on.

yeah im not getting my hopes up either

When asked after his release what player Porter would like to play beside, his answer was "Zach Thomas". Plus, Miami just contacted his agent, so I think we have a pretty good chance of landing him.
He wants to be paid among the highest linebackers in football......

I agree.....but when push comes to shove....money talks and BS walks....Miami is in the lower tier as far as cap space and if everyone wants Dielman and other positions filled....don't count on it. We may have enough to sign 1 and maybe 2 High priced FA but I dont see us paying out a crap load for just 2.....IMO.

When asked after his release what player Porter would like to play beside, his answer was "Zach Thomas". Plus, Miami just contacted his agent, so I think we have a pretty good chance of landing him.

I beileve that was Donnie Edwards that said that. :wink:

Not to say you're entirely wrong, but both examples you gave were last year. That doesn't mean we're not FA contenders this year, and we were actually close to landing Lavar last season.

Link about the agent. If so, good news.
I am pretty confident in Mueller. If he sees the opportunity of bringing Porter in, he will. We need the upgrade at OLB. We have some cap space. There are connections. He'd want to come and the agent was already contacted. I would love to see Crowder - Thomas - Porter playing together. I think miami is due to bring another big player to our defense. Now, we need a safety or cb to upgrade our secondary.

I just think we will not sign Joey Porter. Every year there are players that we think we are going to sign and we never do. Julian Peterson, Lavar Arrington and the list goes on and on.

Every year since Wanny left, our cap situation has improved. You need to have money in oreder to spend it. I'm not saying we'll sign Porter, but with the release of several players and the cap increase we are in much better shape to make a run at players. I could care less if we sign any superstars as long as we improve (in no order LB, CB, QB, LT, WR, FS, TE).

If we get him, we get him. If we don't, we don't. Stunning logic it may be but that's just how the cookie crumbles man.

Have a little hope

Joey Porter would be nice, but I think we need to focus more on efficient spending. I'd rather build through the draft personally, although the addition of a few key free agents, at positions that usually take time to develop would be nice. I just don't want us to give huge contracts to players who are older. Plus, most of the last season's key free agents that wanted big money really didn't pan out that much (except for Drew Brees) Just my opinion though.

We are all WISHING right now. But It would give OC's fits to have Porter and JT getting after the qb from 2 seperate sides of the line. That is almost illegeal...LMAO. You wouls have to keep at LEAST 1 back and a TE in to block on EVERY pass situation leaving 3 man routs for 7 people to cover. Insteant improvement to pass defense.

i wont be too disappointed if we dont get him.....it'll be tought to get a player like that ...but im still optimistic......i hate pessimists....think positive my man

Actually Porter might be the one signing that is in the realm for the phins. Pass Rushing LB was a priority for Randy. There is also only so many 3-4 teams out there as Porter is NOT a 4-3 LB.

Back
Top Bottom