We wont have to trade up to land our QB, and here’s why | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We wont have to trade up to land our QB, and here’s why

Any time you are obsessively & TOTALLY focused on ONE player....

It is really no longer a 'draft strategy'.

It is all about one player which is a recipe for disaster in the NFL.

I wonder if any of you guys so fixated on TT even watched any of the Dolphins games last season?

Here's the Cliffnotes summary.... They SUCKED. They don't need a superstar QB...

They need almost an entire ROSTER OF BETTER PLAYERS

This.

Let's say the Dolphins want Tua. You set plan A for Tua. Plan A doesn't work out, that's why you have a plan B and a plan C.

Plan A: we have a trade offer ready for Tua but some team behind us wants to pull a Mike Ditka. Are you going to stick to the plan you have well thought out or are you going to let the conviction of another front office dictate your draft? That's a moronic way to operate. "Well, coach we've put together a solid strategy here. Oh no, so and so team is throwing the cow, the kitchen sink, the entire farm at Tua. RED ALERT. CODE BLUE. Quick. Shred all plans we worked diligently on. We must top them."

No. Absolutely not. That's no way to run a draft.

A good General knows when to retreat.

That is why I have been so perplexed by the crowd that wants to trade up for Tua... I have not seen them state that there is a limit to what they think reasonable to give up to move up 2 spots in the draft. The sentiment has been... Do whatever it takes to make it happen.

That is extremely dangerous and or reckless ( Both perhaps )

Tua’s medical reports are positive and the fracture has healed. I have no doubt that Tua will be healthy and be able to run around and throw prior to the draft. He’s a franchise QB IF he stays healthy.
My concern, and the reason I would not trade up, is the stability of the hip joint.
Running around, doing MRIs and medical exams will demonstrate a stable and healed hip joint. However, they cannot simulate the violent collisions in the NFL, such as a 250-260 lb LB or DE running free and laying their should pads into that hip.
A prior injury such has his can cause laxity in the ligaments and predispose him to another dislocation.
I think most of the organizations know this, which is why I don’t believe any team is going to give up a lot to trade up. He’s a high risk, high reward prospect.

I get your drift, but what I'm saying is if you like a QB (any qb) at 5, then you should like him at 3 or 2 or 1.

I'm not talking about 2nd round or later project guys, but potential franchise qbs.

I'm tired of watching us play games at the position and always coming up short.

Find your guy and get him!

As a Dolphins fan since 1974, I feel your pain brother! But if you look at the formula, Great QB’s are drafted beyond pick 3, 4, and 5 just about every year. :)

That is why I have been so perplexed by the crowd that wants to trade up for Tua... I have not seen them state that there is a limit to what they think reasonable to give up to move up 2 spots in the draft. The sentiment has been... Do whatever it takes to make it happen.

That is extremely dangerous and or reckless ( Both perhaps )
To be fair, there are many who favor Tua, that are realistic, and when push comes to shove, grudgingly admit there is a limit.

The over the top, whatever it takes gang is a vocal bunch, though.

Who are the San Diego Chargers? Lol.
Great write up, but this draft could get really weird even at number one. One of the best nights of reality t.v.

There are a max of 4 picks ahead of us, we must have our board set or getting close to done. Without moving we’re going to have THREE first round picks. If Tua is there at 5 take him, that kid isn’t going to last long with the injuries and his size I could be wrong but it’s going to be really bad if we trade away valuable picks for the risk. We’re going to get a lot of big name players this year I’m not worried about who our first pick at 5 is I will be upset if we piss away picks to move up.

I agree To Tua is likely there at 5. No need to move up.

It will become very interesting though if he's not. There might be a rush to get the #3 QB, so Fins could possibly move down if they aren't enamored with anybody.

I for one am hoping for Tua at 5.

I think some are missing the rise of Herbert and Love.

I think it’s naive to think the Dolphins aren’t jittery about Tua's injury history and unwilling to trade extra draft capital to move up and take that risk.

I think the NFL see’s Herbert as an extremely talented evolving QB who is maturing... was miscast in Cristobal’s overly conservative offense and ground and pound. Who was the star of Senior Bowl week and the best thrower at the combine.

Love is another extremely talented prospect who tore it up in 2018 with a decent supporting cast, in 2019 he lost all his support, changed coaches....and was forced to go up against the likes of LSU with devoid of talent Utah State and forced things trying stay in games. The NFL loves his potential and he will go early!

Bottom line....I think the Dolphins like all 3...I think Chris Grier will not feel the need to risk extra draft picks on a Tua.... will sit there at 5 and see who is still there and make his pick!

I never doubted he would heal... what we don’t know is are all these injuries A sign of a brittle QB who won’t hold up long term?

You're my boy Blue!

Exactly why I've been bangin' the drum against Tua. He's had two ankle injuries (w/ surgery), some minor leg issues and now a major hip injury. It's all lower half injuries on a QB who likes to scramble or maybe the better term is "extend plays with his legs".

I hope the kid has a brilliant NFL career if Miami does in fact draft him but I'm also not sold that it's going to happen (in fact I think he's more likely to be RGIII 2.0).

Come on cam.... If you want to comment and debate.... Then by all means.... Debate... no two or three words quips....
I actually like Hurts, but you've always been that "Let's skimp on the QB" guy. It's in your nature.

Back
Top Bottom