Weather on 10/22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Weather on 10/22

PackerNation

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello Dolphin fans! Currently there is about 4 inches of snow and its still coming down with a temp. of 32 degrees today about 100 miles north of Green Bay. I just thought you would all like the weather report as to what to wear if anyone is going to the game.... I for one hope it keeps coming down and getting colder because Brett is like 31-0 when its 34 degrees or colder... You probably don't like that weather but any edge we can get against your vaunted "D" to turn it in our favor is appreciated.. Although I know it can warm up and probably will by the game in alittle less than 2 weeks, it probably won't get much warmer although it is expected to get in the 40's this weekend!

Anyways, this is a real early good luck for the game and I hope everyone is healthy after this game! :monkey:

God I'm glad I live in FLA. I'm not made for the cold weather. I'd probably be dead by now. :)

lol Muck! You would be fine I bet! It just takes some getting used too... Thats why playing in the cold is no problem for us up here... We grew up doing it so its just normal for us! But I bet if you live in Green Bay (or in Iron Mountain here where Steve Mariucci and Tom Izzo grew up for a reference on where Irn. Mtn. is) you would adapt in a couple of months I would think... Its really not bad living where it gets cold... Its those below zero days that are just crazy! But what can you do but just enjoy them? You don't have much of a choice....
I hope its a competitive game and no one gets hurt on that Monday night... I was rooting for you guys to pull through against Denver and you did at the last minute and I was rooting for you against Buffalo so two 6-1 teams on Monday night would be real appealing to watch! 5-2 is a damn good record though and I would have gladly taken that if you offered it to the Pack at the beginning of the year! Especially the way our D was giving up 30+ points a game the first 3 games but they have really gelled and are getting turnovers like crazy!!!

I still haven't adapted to cold weather, even though every winter it is freezing up here and I have lived in NYC my whole life. As for the Dolphins, they aren't the Bucs. You can't confuse the two. The Dolphins have won many games in cold weather, every team in their division besides Miami is in a cold weather zone. We win games up in Buffalo every year, and besides last year, we usually always win up in NE. I am seeing them play 11/10 at Night up here where it should be cold (for me if it is below 65 it is cold). A lot of the guys on our team are from the North and they don't play worse in the cold and they win games in cold weather unlike the Bucs. We just won a game in Denver where it was 45 (nothing compared to what it will be in GB in 2 weeks, but 45 isn't exactly beach weather)

That is very true and I don't doubt the Phins chances when its cold... The bottom line is though that they will be going up against a quarterback that is the best of all time when it starts to get chilly out! The only game that ever has affected Favre to the point that the fans could see it was bothering him alittle was when it was like -18 degree's out.... I am serious to that there was a game that cold... I even taped it if I feel like going through all my Packer games to find it and give you some stats.. Your team probably will put up a good fight cause the Bucs are just down right terrible when its cold.... Hope its a good game with no injury's!!

I wonder if the snow keeps coming down how Favre's knee is going to hold up. It is probably a non-facotr but a slip in the snow could spell disaster for him. Of course, that goes both ways as well.

On a personal note, I have to commend the Packer fans who have invaded this site so far. All have the posts I have read seem to be in good spirits and not of mean quality. That could change come closer to game time but I sure hope it doesn't.

Pack fans are one of the few teams fans I respect. They show up no matter the weather, no matter the record. A lot of teams claim to have th emost loyal (Raiders, Chiefs, Jets, Bears, Browns etc.) but none of them compare to the pack fans.

Having kissed Green Bay's arse enough for one post I will stop now...

lol, thank you for the kind words... With the Phins being in the AFC, we are allowed to like them all we want until the week leading up to the Super Bowl when we meet.... But this is all in good fun! These types of weeks like the Pack vs Fins gives us a well deserved rest anyways from all the trash talking we each take and I am sure give out when we have to get back into our division play! Good luck on Monday night and we will certainly try to be respectful of you guys and I am sure you will do the same!

Keep on snowing Greenbay!!! And you say we have bad weather in Buffalo. No snow here!!! I do not like Miami's chances in Greenbay!

Man, I really like these Packer fans!! You guys rock. :rocker:

I've always liked the Packers too. Brett is one of my favorite players. How can you NOT like the guy?? I love it when he's miked up during a game or when he's having an "off-the-cuff" interview. lol. Does he still believe it's unhealthy to not pass gas no matter what the situation?? lol.

just hope the Fins get Ceicel "the Deisel" released on a work program to ride their snow blower for FGs :goof:

wonder how often Ricky has played in bad weather or McMichael

Originally posted by Muck
Man, I really like these Packer fans!! You guys rock. :rocker:
**** I am thinking of moving to Madison :lol:

Well, I'm a Packer fan and I moved down to Florida because I hated the weather up there. When I went to the Bears game there was ice on the ground outside -- seesh, ice belongs in either a glass of booze or in the freezer of a refrigerator not underfoot.

Any place without palm trees is inhabitable IMHO.

I think Ricky's running style is perfect for snow... I think it is the slasher type backs that can't handle it... you can't cut.. you have to put your head down and go straight ahead.. and that is what Ricky is good at.. The other thing good about the snow is that it slows down the pass rush because they can't get enough footing to get a good push... Maybe on of the reasons Farve is so good.. when he has some time he can put it anywhere... but I think this will help Lucas if he has some more time to look around.. if they start hitting him early.. it will be bad news..

Back
Top Bottom