We'd still be 0-3... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We'd still be 0-3...

supernintimdo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Imagine, if you will, an alternate reality. One where Ross was convinced by an adamant Coach Gase to not completely rebuild, to instead give it one more year in his system.

Imagine we draft Dwayne Haskins in the first round to compete against Tannehill, who Gase believes is a serviceable journeyman to steer the team while the rookie learns.

Imagine that Tunsil and a "rebuilt" offensive line made up of free agents and a couple young draft picks protect our QB a hair longer than before, but our defense continues to hemorrhage points with a porous D line and no pass rush.

Imagine that we pull out every trick in the book, bending over backwards to try to win with not a single fan thinking we're deliberately trying to tank.

We'd still be 0-3.

Guaranteed. We wouldn't be as big of a laughing stock, but it would be the same outcome. Gase would be on the hot seat for sure, and I'm betting it would play out like Philbin's 4th season as HC. We'd have ONE first round pick, if we didn't trade it away for an OT like Trent Williams. And we'd have no hope for the future.

So stay strong, Fin Fans. I think, with what we're doing right now, we're breaking the curse of mediocrity that we've been stuck in for 20 years. I couldn't take another 7-9 season and this may finally be our ticket to a franchise QB.

ok

just kidding. I agree. burn it down. I think a tank is actually better for my mental and spiritual well-being than a battle for a 9 win wildcard birth + 1st round bounce

Imagine, if you will, an alternate reality. One where Ross was convinced by an adamant Coach Gase to not completely rebuild, to instead give it one more year in his system.

Imagine we draft Dwayne Haskins in the first round to compete against Tannehill, who Gase believes is a serviceable journeyman to steer the team while the rookie learns.

Imagine that Tunsil and a "rebuilt" offensive line made up of free agents and a couple young draft picks protect our QB a hair longer than before, but our defense continues to hemorrhage points with a porous D line and no pass rush.

Imagine that we pull out every trick in the book, bending over backwards to try to win with not a single fan thinking we're deliberately trying to tank.

We'd still be 0-3.

Guaranteed. We wouldn't be as big of a laughing stock, but it would be the same outcome. Gase would be on the hot seat for sure, and I'm betting it would play out like Philbin's 4th season as HC. We'd have ONE first round pick, if we didn't trade it away for an OT like Trent Williams. And we'd have no hope for the future.

So stay strong, Fin Fans. I think, with what we're doing right now, we're breaking the curse of mediocrity that we've been stuck in for 20 years. I couldn't take another 7-9 season and this may finally be our ticket to a franchise QB.
You misspelled your username.

1569600537534.jpeg

But we'd lead the league in bubble screens. Bubble screens are an underrated stat. All that, and it would finally be Tannehill's year.

I understand that some people love the feeling of being in contention for a playoff spot late in the season. I always loved having meaningful games being played in December, but it really got old losing those games; some of them being embarrassing losses to a 3 win Buffalo team.

The feeling of making the playoffs was great, when it happened. That feeling lasted about a week, until they took the field against an actual Super Bowl contender. Getting blown out in the first round of the playoffs was miserable.

I'm all in on this rebuild. I don't really look forward to watching the games, but it allows me to enjoy football on Sundays, since there is no expectations right now. I'm really excited to see what we do with the cap space and draft picks. I know some of you assume we will sign terrible free agents and draft busts, but I'm going to be positive about this because we don't know for sure what's going to happen until it plays out.

This is gonna end up being one of the most nerve racking season I have been through. We are trying for a perfect 0-16. Thats really hard to do no matter how bad the team is. It just takes one slip up and we kill our hope for a really good prospect at QB. I also have paid more attention to the entire league this year. Gotta keep tabs on those teams sucking ass.

Possibly. But we would be a much better football team with less holes. I just hope Chris Grier can fill all of our holes. No homo.

P.S. - Ok maybe a little homo.

Lol...Sure this never ending nightmare scenerio for the next 5 years again.
Wake Up! You've been in a fantasy land all these years.

Back
Top Bottom