Wednesday's Camp Report....Part One | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wednesday's Camp Report....Part One

Ozzy

Premium Member
Reaction score
All right I'm very sorry this is up so late but when I woke up a couple of friends herd of my day, and treated me to a nice night out at the clubs ...

I really hate that you might think I'm teasing. I just wanted to give everyone a little taste of what was to come. And these reports take a two finger typest like myself quite a long time to, first of all rethink, then write, then spell chk, then..........well you know.

FIRST OFF I have to say that NO PADS = NO REAL TRUTH CAN BE TOLD so I'm just reporting what I saw, be it good or bad!! We have to know that things can change the SECOND THE PADS ARE ON!!!

OK my Qb report starts out like this. At first I wanted to kill JF, he kept either overthrowing, or just plain took too long to get rid of the ball, ESPECIALLY when there was an open target right in front of him (A Rb)! The O-line was not helping much in the beginning either, especially the Tackles. And even his first Td to CC's was so far UNDERTHROWN that Chambers had to come to a complete stop to catch it, good thing he had Madison beat by about 8 steps. But I'll give this to him on the throw, I thought I herd it being tipped at the line, but the ball just seemed to have such a perfect spiral that I thought I might be wrong. One thing though, is that throw seemed to give him some confidence because he started putting the ball dead on the money after that, and I do mean dead on. He hit McKnight on a short out pattern that looked awesome, but scary at the same time. He just don't have that ZIP to make it look easy but it was very good nonetheless. He hit Gadsden on four or five deeper out patterns that were placed where only OG good get it, perfectly in stride I might add, with just enough space for his feet to stay in bounds. Jay really got hot after such a shaky start, which is my biggest beef with him. We've all herd that RW's gets better as the game goes on, so Jay HAS TO start stepping up in the BEGINNING of the games, and or practices. Now onto some of the throws to Chambers. Man this kid looked so damned unbeatable today that it was astounding to see all these Td's, only to see the same number 84 on the receiving end of it! The one pass that Chambers dropped was a thing of total beauty, one of perfect timing, and mind reading (at least I hope that was the case) but it seemed that Chambers was caught slightly off guard having the ball right on him when he cut towards the post! He bobbled it and nearly had it, but by then it would not have been a Td, and when he finally no longer had a chance Jamar Fletcher nearly came up with an Int! He was covered pretty well on the play, but the cut had him in front of Fletch, by enough to have scored easily! As much as these Td's were Chambers getting open, it is just as much the system that Norv uses to get him there! Another Td had Chambers being the hot read right from the start with him being on the outside, and every other eligible receiver either crossing the middle, or stopping suddenly, leaving Chambers all alone with Fletch, who was hoping he did not lose him, which on this play he did, Chambers juked to the outside and simply stepped towards the post with the ball right in his face on the cut. Everyone was kind of looking like.....WOW that was too easy! Another had him on the other side, with all kinds of traffic clogging the middle but not near the back of the endzone, Chambers just ran the down the line in the back of the endzone, and was wide open by the time he past the middle! Some really new looks on this offense that are, or SEEM TO BE coming together! I had to add one play that was out of bounds but still drew a LOUD ROAR from the crowd. A badly thrown ball by I believe Ray Lucas, had Chambers out of bounds, but he just reached up with one hand, and no bobbles, no nothing, he just SNATCHED the ball out of the air!! It looked like a play from the ol days of using stickm.
Chris Chambers looked like he had two brand new Ankles today, so lets all hope that he stays this way, and if he is still not 100%, well man some teams might need to start praying. Dedric Ward ran pretty well today and caught a couple of balls, McKnight got in on a few plays, not dropping any catchable ones I might add, Ogden dropped one, and there were a few nice grabs by the rest of the Fodder's.

Ray Lucas totally disappointed me today, he has such a strong arm, but it seems he cannot hit the broad side of a barn standing three feet from it! I don't care if you guys read someone else's report from today and they say he did pretty good, do not believe it for a second. He was throwing darn near everything too far, or off the mark. Playing catch he did fine but not in the drills. I noticed him shaking his head in disappointment more than a few times! I'm hoping he can turn it around because I really like the attitude he brings to the team, and if he can somehow do this and JF goes down I really hoped he could step right in.............yep Ray Lucas is one of my Faves, but I'm not giving him any slack, maybe I'm being a little hard on him?

Nothing from Levcik, and little from Kustok, they ran very few plays, other than playing catch before the drills, as a matter of fact I think only Kustok got in on some drills but coaches cut it short......

OK folks It's nearly 4:00 am and I must sleep, but promise to try and get to practice Tom., and count on the rest of this report from today (Wednesday) plus a full report from Thursdays if I get there........all to be posted Tomorrow night sometime

I do have some good thoughts on today's Wed. practice from the Rb's Fb's and the defense.......

Peace and I hope you all enjoy my thoughts on Wednesdays Qb report.

In other words, the real Fiedler was the guy who started out yesterday. Yep, just like the Jay of old, badly underthrowing the football and having no zip on his throws.

Originally posted by Iron Man
In other words, the real Fiedler was the guy who started out yesterday. Yep, just like the Jay of old, badly underthrowing the football and having no zip on his throws.

So your saying that those DEAD ON PLAYS WERE FLUKES??

Give me a break man...........please

An Armchair Qb maybe?

Looks like Scrap Iron or KB21 is back.

Jay and Ricky both have this way of just getting into a groove in the 3rd/4th quarters. If even one of them could just get their rythym by halfway through the first quarter this offense could finally crack that top 12.

Same d*ckheaded statement that crap iron would make.

Oh the name calling again huh children?? You can't accept it that Jay will be the Dolphins demise this year. I will be laughing hysterically when he is underthrowing all the receivers and then begins to throw his rainbow lobs again that are constantly intercepted. Then all of you will be calling for his head too. The fairweathered fans that you are.:lol: :monkey: weak-armed QBs

Oh the name calling again huh children?? You can't accept it that Jay will be the Dolphins demise this year. I will be laughing hysterically when he is underthrowing all the receivers and then begins to throw his rainbow lobs again that are constantly intercepted. Then all of you will be calling for his head too. The fairweathered fans that you are.:lol: :monkey: weak-armed QBs

YUP, CRAP IRON is back.

I read on here (maybe not this post) that Jay Fiedler and Chris Chambers hooked up for (6) TD scores. I read in the Herald that they onlt hooked up (2) for TD scores. What is the real info?

Nope, you read it right here. They hooked up for 6 TDs. Should have been 7. Ozzy won't lie to you.

Nice to have a sparring partner back. I missed you Jet fan.

Jay doesn't have a great arm and you all know it. He is average in every way except he has good speed and is very clutch.

KB21 why don't you come out and admit is you starting all this garbage?

We'll see Ice. Maybe this system will be good for him. Personally, if my QB was average but had good speed and was solid in the clutch, I'd be pretty happy. That's the problem with most QBs: their not good in the clutch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who knows. The Herald sucks 90% of the time.

Scrap Iron, we banned you once for starting garbage. I will allow you to post as long as you just keep it normal. We know your opinion of Jay. You have made it VERY clear. So now it's time to shut it, and let's just see if your right when the season rolls up. OK?

Back
Top Bottom