Weds 8.3 Open Practice Tweets HERE! No Ross Talk | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Weds 8.3 Open Practice Tweets HERE! No Ross Talk

In spite of the pressure Tua has been under at times during camp, he's performing admirably. He looks more like the QB he was at Alabama. He's got that deep ball accuracy that I love. Its back in the saddle again. His hip, was holding him back, as well as, the lack of protection up front. This new system seems to have opened up the offense and Tua is taking advantage.

In spite of the pressure Tua has been under at times during camp, he's performing admirably. He looks more like the QB he was at Alabama. He's got that deep ball accuracy that I love. Its back in the saddle again. His hip, was holding him back, as well as, the lack of protection up front. This new system seems to have opened up the offense and Tua is taking advantage.

Like an Aerosmith song?

IIRC in Kyle Crabbs' podcast about Tuesday's practice, he thought the defense won overall, but that several of the offensive plays were beautiful. And we're certainly hearing of several chunk plays. I can't recall the last time I've seen a Miami offense anyone would call "beautiful". For years it has seemed that everything Miami tried to do on offense was "hard". Everything was a grind.
I hear you, but still some serious concerns. I'm disappointed with what I heard today, but am hoping the scrimmage tells a different story.
I posted this elsewhere, but I got the impression that the play script for this practice was designed to put the offense in less optimal situations. It was a practice to teach the QBs to deal with free rushers so they can get better at checks and throwing hot. Same with the run game. They were often running into lines where the numbers weren't in their favor. Fans and media just see that the offense struggled, but I see those as important details that many staffs talk about but don't explicitly practice. In the past I've watched practices where a defense will throw in an exotic look and then the offense will talk about it on the chalkboard. But this seemed like the D spent the whole practice doing that specifically and the offense had to respond in real time. The fact that the offense still had some wins in those situations is encouraging to me.

Well then tua needs to throw the ball away or hit his get out of jail free card.

I’m assuming he has one in this Mike mcd offense
It’s been my one issue with him this camp

They might be telling tua right now at least play it out. But I’ve seen him feel that he needs to force things at time in games instead of realizing it’s best to live for the next play.

Knowing he isn’t taking hits either might be influencing some of it also

If it’s a similar offense to the San Fran ran with garrop last year qb ask wise there aren’t many ask that are hitch 3 times and sit in there and hold onto it

Only other thing I haven’t see reported was Tua Thru a beautiful ball over the middle right over the 2nd level and waddle with a full drop

He left his feet when he didnt need to
That’s my major issue with Tua, is when he rolls left, he sometimes leaves his feet while throwing. In bad weather, not a good thing. I was hoping they would work with him on that.

Back
Top Bottom