Week 1 Game Recap- Pff | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Week 1 Game Recap- Pff

You misread his post... he said "he wasnt" the reason the Fins D played bad... not he"he wasnt" calling the plays....
Ah, seems like it…

Upon further review, Kindley played really well in pass protect. He dropped around 20 times and gave up nothing while moving well. Run block was not good but so say we all. Bpwden also looked VG, would like to keep him.

On D, T9indall looked good in cover as did FS Eli Campbell.

That's all I saw worth mentioning as we move onward and upward.

I'm sure that was akin to a "Freudian slip", as opposed to a typo, given your propensity to rely so heavily on PFF evals....lol.

Seriously though, IMO, a fair and accurate assessment of the game.

ONE point for Mach. LMAO

Seriously, you have no clue as to how much time and research I put into Phins and Fantasy. I use PFF after I watch film and crunch numbers to check and add as I do not watch every snap. Many say we watch film but if you do not watch every player every snap and know what you're lookin at and for you are missing a whole lot.

I also use PFF as a buffer on forums for those who thinks those disagreeing with them know nothing. In person, not an issue. So, in a way, I guess PFF is somewhat of mt "Forum Savior" from going off. lol

Bowden was basically open on the TD so it didn't require anything special from the QB. Hence not a big time throw.

It is much easier to understand what PFF does and writes IF you know what they are doing.

Dieter keeps getting driven back, he’s not the answer at center so just stop. Williams is more of a move of need because of his overall experience, IMO. There’s no body out there now worth signing. Kindley still has warts but he may be a decent backup until he decides on Nutrisystems.

his first game ever in the NFL and having backups with him I think he handled himself well
Right. He was "solid" overall but nothing "spectacular," no wow plays showing big-time anything.

And that's really what the kid is. Nothing spectacular. OK arm. OK wheels. OK size. But... He showed well all things considered.

I'd give him a solid "B" for his performance. Could have been better, but could have been a lot worse.

I think his age / maturity was a definite benefit. But also an indication of upside.

As far as first preseason games under a first time head coach go... I think we did good.

We can discuss all the talents of our backups a Training Camp players all we like... But its really not important to me. What I saw was very few procedural mistakes by either the team or the players. No real breakdowns and no really obvious communication issues... McDaniel even got to practice the Freeze too...

All in all a good opening game with only one real disappointment. Losing Thril Williams is a downer.

I’m no X and Os expert but that TD that they say Iggy allowed wasn’t on man coverage. I’m not sure if he was out of position or not but it wasn’t like he got beat. From my naive viewpoint that’s a little harsh to pin that on him.

I’m no X and Os expert but that TD that they say Iggy allowed wasn’t on man coverage. I’m not sure if he was out of position or not but it wasn’t like he got beat. From my naive viewpoint that’s a little harsh to pin that on him.
Coach mentioned he wanted them to play a certain coverage there, but wanted Iggy on the next time play with less conservatism.

Coach mentioned he wanted them to play a certain coverage there, but wanted Iggy on the next time play with less conservatism.
yeah but he was conservatively protecting the back of the nzone and

oops! some sneaky receiver got in the front door!

Maybe just me but the kid seems to be always a step behind or just not on top of the play.

Has the physical lacks the mental.

But there's always hope the light comes on while he's

wondering around in the basement late at night!

I really hope that Deiter can establish himself at center, so Williams can move back to LG where he belongs. I agree that Armstead, Williams, Deiter, Hunt, Jackson has to be our best line combo as of now. If we roll with Williams at center, we might be weakening two positions - center and LG (Eichenberg).

Still a long way to go before the games count. I’m no expert, so if Williams stays at center, I’m going to trust the staff, I guess.

If they go with Williams at center, they have to go with Kindley at LG.

Players that stood out to me:

Sky Thompson
Elijah Cambell
Cam Goode

Goode didn't have game changing plays, but looked very assignment sound. At one point he was getting doubled on a power, took the angle away and forced the RB back inside. Very nice play that won't get put on a stat sheet, but showed off great awareness while taking on two players.

Skylar was very solid. Did he make mistakes, sure, but there's something there with him and he probably plays all of next game as well.

Back
Top Bottom