Week 1 Game Recap- Pff | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Week 1 Game Recap- Pff

Skylar was very solid. Did he make mistakes, sure, but there's something there with him and he probably plays all of next game as well.
I doubt he plays all of the next game. We more likely get our starters at least a few series together.

Dieter keeps getting driven back, he’s not the answer at center so just stop. Williams is more of a move of need because of his overall experience, IMO. There’s no body out there now worth signing. Kindley still has warts but he may be a decent backup until he decides on Nutrisystems.

Has anyone seen anything, anywhere where our team or S & C Coach have asked/ordered Kindley to lose weight? I have not.

Right. He was "solid" overall but nothing "spectacular," no wow plays showing big-time anything.

And that's really what the kid is. Nothing spectacular. OK arm. OK wheels. OK size. But... He showed well all things considered.

I'd give him a solid "B" for his performance. Could have been better, but could have been a lot worse.

I think his age / maturity was a definite benefit. But also an indication of upside.

I cannot see Sky as anything more than practice squad this year if that. I would in no way be comfortable with him as the back up.

Has anyone seen anything, anywhere where our team or S & C Coach have asked/ordered Kindley to lose weight? I have not.
Every single player is given "recommendations" for all aspects offseason diet, training, etc.

Me either, the coach who will not be named might have but there’s no proof. I’d like to see the kid make it, he’s got a nasty disposition which I like but he moves slow. Maybe too slow for this run game.

Every single player is given "recommendations" for all aspects offseason diet, training, etc.

We all know that. Question was if Kindley was told to lose weight by the team as it has been suggested by posters. I see nothing.

Me either, the coach who will not be named might have but there’s no proof. I’d like to see the kid make it, he’s got a nasty disposition which I like but he moves slow. Maybe too slow for this run game.

Not sure but McD and S & C Coach should know best. I got to meet and work with a S & C Prof and PT mgr from UM hospital. Those guys are F'n amazing in what they can tell you on weight, diet, exercise, lifting, etc. I can only imagine the NFL. I'm not disputing them.

We all know that. Question was if Kindley was told to lose weight by the team as it has been suggested by posters. I see nothing.
McD was asked if the team gave any players mandates to lose weight and he said they did not. Apparently the players were given weight recommendations and several OL seemed to have taken it upon themselves to lose weight b/c of the outside zone system that McD ran. I have not heard anything specifically about Kindley one way or another. I do think he is moving better this year vs. last year, but I can't tell if he looks thinner.

I am not amongst those who ever believed that Kindley couldn't move well enough to play G in this offense. IMO he moves well enough to pull in this system. I don't think he's ideal, but he moves well enough. I did not have him as an automatic cut for lack of system fit as many here did. IMO it was more about how dedicated he was in terms of putting in the work in the offseason when nobody was watching and how well he learned/understood his role in the offense.

McD was asked if the team gave any players mandates to lose weight and he said they did not. Apparently the players were given weight recommendations and several OL seemed to have taken it upon themselves to lose weight b/c of the outside zone system that McD ran. I have not heard anything specifically about Kindley one way or another. I do think he is moving better this year vs. last year, but I can't tell if he looks thinner.

I am not amongst those who ever believed that Kindley couldn't move well enough to play G in this offense. IMO he moves well enough to pull in this system. I don't think he's ideal, but he moves well enough. I did not have him as an automatic cut for lack of system fit as many here did. IMO it was more about how dedicated he was in terms of putting in the work in the offseason when nobody was watching and how well he learned/understood his role in the offense.

Completely agree, leave the weight to the pro's who do it for a living. He was in pass pro 23 times with zero pressures. Why do fans who know nothing about what his weight should be care? Just something negative to say?

Anything you hear in that regard is probably total speculation. The team isn't going to come out and say that even if true. Why do you ask anyway?

Back
Top Bottom