Week 1 of the 1994 Season vs. New England...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Week 1 of the 1994 Season vs. New England......

Well, respectfully, you’ve been told wrong .. numerous times. Besides, I wasn’t comparing the different sports but rather the mentality of the athletes.

Danny was every bit the confident, fearless assassin as any other all time great someone can name.

John Elway, Joe Montana, Tom Brady....

Airing now on the NFLN.....My first game with my shiny new DIRECTV System which at that time cost $600 for one dish and one box but boy did I get my money's worth watching #13 throw that football around!!!! #54 is Chuck Bullough & #99 Klingbeil........Oh Zach Thomas & Jason Taylor where art thou Fellers????
Marino looked like he had rocket launcher on his arm. Gutsy 4th down long TD pass. Irving fryar look up catch look down and run. He prayed in that end zone all day like God cared if Miami Dolphins won the game

With respect, neither Montana nor Brady could put the ball in the tight windows that Dan could.

I agree with your sentiment however Montana was definitely underrated as a scrambler with ability to pick up key yardage on the ground. Just watching him in that Super Bowl against Dan it was blatantly obvious who could scramble and who could not. He killed us not only with key throws but with heart piercing runs for first downs.

I agree with your sentiment however Montana was definitely underrated as a scrambler with ability to pick up key yardage on the ground. Just watching him in that Super Bowl against Dan it was blatantly obvious who could scramble and who could not. He killed us not only with key throws but with heart piercing runs for first downs.
He was one of GOATs. I just meant he couldn’t throw it down the seams into places you aren’t supposed to be able to hit like Dan could. I may have misunderstood the point in the thread about being an “assassin”. I thought throwing ability was being referred to. No for me, Montana was awesome.

With respect, neither Montana nor Brady could put the ball in the tight windows that Dan could.

Different debate. Moving the goal posts.

And Montana could lead his WRs enough for a one cut and go result. Let's not try to trash others to make a case for another.

Different debate. Moving the goal posts.

And Montana could lead his WRs enough for a one cut and go result. Let's not try to trash others to make a case for another.
That’s not what I’m doing. I’ve repeatedly said Montana was one of the greatest to ever play. The argument, I thought, was who could throw it better. And to that end, for me it’s Dan all the way - better than anyone. There’s a 26 minute highlight reel of dimes up there - half of those throws couldn’t be made by a lot of HOF QBs. As for trashing Montana - no way. You haven’t been following my posting history if you think I’m doing that.

Marino looked like he had rocket launcher on his arm. Gutsy 4th down long TD pass. Irving fryar look up catch look down and run. He prayed in that end zone all day like God cared if Miami Dolphins won the game
Dan did stuff like that often. He did it to win a bowl game at Pitt. He hit Duper on a 40+ yard bomb in Buffalo in the snow in a playoff game on 4th and 1 that put us at the 1 or 2 yard line. The guy was money - the more critical the situation the more special he became.

Dan Marino also had the balls to throw a pass to Mark Clayton through a crowd of people at his Hall of Fame induction ceremony. It was a joy watching that man play quarterback.

That’s not what I’m doing. I’ve repeatedly said Montana was one of the greatest to ever play. The argument, I thought, was who could throw it better. And to that end, for me it’s Dan all the way - better than anyone. There’s a 26 minute highlight reel of dimes up there - half of those throws couldn’t be made by a lot of HOF QBs. As for trashing Montana - no way. You haven’t been following my posting history if you think I’m doing that.

Well my response you quoted had nothing to do with ball placement. Crossed wires I guess.

Damn dan still had those fast feet in small spaces after the achilles but he was like moving in quick sand

robbed something from him no doubt. Also I always thought his arm was stronger than that but appears on this rewatch it was his quick release that was the real game changer.

what a difference 25 years makes in terms of the athleticism and overall speed of the game. Bigger faster stronger more fluid etc no doubt
makes you wonder how much longer his career would've been had he had the 201x doctors.

Well my response you quoted had nothing to do with ball placement. Crossed wires I guess.
I think so. I probably misunderstood what was being discussed - but in no way shape or form am I trashing Joe Montana :)

In our playoff loss to San Diego, before the possible winning kick. Marino missed a TD throw. Maybe the short routes were covered on that play but sure was a great down to pick up 6-9 more yards. Prolly wouldve won us that game. Yet, the guy Marino targeted gave Danny a chance to win it right there and Danny missed.

Yup he missed Mike Williams on that play. I always said if Finheaven existed Dan and Don would have gotten killed on here and deserved it for the entire handling of the 2nd half in that game. Very questionable offense and QB decision making.

Back
Top Bottom