Week 2 NFL Power Rankings (Combined) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Week 2 NFL Power Rankings (Combined)

I think we're a borderline top 10 team.

If we beat the Bills Sunday, we're definitely a top 10 team.
If we beat the Bills on Sunday, most of the media will rush to defend the Bills, prop them up, and dismiss us as a fluke.

JUST like MSN keeping the Bills ranked high after losing THIS week.

And no matter what "ranking" they give us, they will make sure our climb up the mountain progresses slow while our descent is a free fall in the "We told you so" game to protect their chosen teams at the top of the league.

If anyone thinks beating Buffalo and New England suddenly makes them stop praising them over us, Walmart is gonna sell out of Kleenex from all the broken hearts.

This is why I've said we have to SWEEP Buffalo, SWEEP New York and at the minimum split with New England before the media will give us credit. And even then, they will point to the Wildcat year and say "it looks like another 1 year miracle run for the Dolphins as they HOPE to make the playoffs". Everything we do is a "fluke" until we start making the media consistently eat crow for choosing our losing opponents.

Sweep the Bills. 5-1 in the Division.

That's the challenge.

And continue kicking them when they are down. "Run it up, Herman. Leave no doubt."

We can agree to disagree.

As I said, repeated losses should drop you in the rankings but I don't think losing to the two time defending AFC Champion, one time SB winner justifies a drop.

Like, should Houston be ahead of them? If one loss means you drop should you be behind EVERY 1-0 team? Of course not.

I understand your general view but like I said I just dont agree.
Or we can just agree to agree.

:)

Miami has a better overall roster than Green Bay

We do, but unless the off-season really messed things up for them they have the far better QB, and that gap overshadows whatever advantage we might have defensively. Plus they do have other offensive playmaker.

We do, but unless the off-season really messed things up for them they have the far better QB, and that gap overshadows whatever advantage we might have defensively. Plus they do have other offensive playmaker.
They had the far better QB vs The Saints too. In fact GB probably has the far better QB 12-13 times a year and still underachieve. I can see why Rodgers wants out.

They had the far better QB vs The Saints too. In fact GB probably has the far better QB 12-13 times a year and still underachieve. I can see why Rodgers wants out.

Thats why I brought up their off-season. I have no idea how much that impacts them currently. Also one game means nothing without the context of more games. Teams sometimes lose games they should win.

Also Winston on a good day is as good as anyone in the league. His issues are how inconsistent he is.

Back
Top Bottom