Week 2 NFL Power Rankings (Combined) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Week 2 NFL Power Rankings (Combined)

Where at, GB or MIA? Neutral site? In September or December? After a BYE week for either team? Is Rodgers hosting Jeopardy by the 50th game? These are all very important questions.
50 in GB, 50 in MIA, all on October 15th. No bye week. Rodgers not hosting Jeopardy.

I think we're a borderline top 10 team.

If we beat the Bills Sunday, we're definitely a top 10 team.
See, I just don't think 1 games changes much. If team A has a 10% chance of beating team B, and then does beat team B, are they actually better than team B?

Power rankings are a mix of objective results and subjective projection. If it was just base on results, teams would simlly be listed in order of wins and tie breakers.

I think the Dolphins are a bubble playoff team. 8 may be a little high or perhaps my expectations are a little low? Either way, beat Buffalo this week for 2-0 in the division and the conversation turns nationally about the Fins.

Moving us down in the rankings after winning a road game on opening day against a historically great home team in a tough environment should cause people to get fired.
That’s ridiculous and shows me they didn’t watch the game

Moving us down in the rankings after winning a road game on opening day against a historically great home team in a tough environment should cause people to get fired.
That’s ridiculous and shows me they didn’t watch the game
Media doesn't think much of Miami but had NE won I'm sure they'd be ranked higher than what Miami is on most of these sites.

See, I just don't think 1 games changes much. If team A has a 10% chance of beating team B, and then does beat team B, are they actually better than team B?

I think it means a lot if you're beating teams as a 3+ point dog.

if you win one game as a 10 point favorite, I agree, it doesn't change much.

Classic case: if we beat Buffalo a shaky win against NE looks better. If we lose to Buffalo a shaky win against NE looks worse.

A lot of the reason I don't look at the rankings. The lack of respect just pisses me off! Miami gets moved down even after beating NE in NE. How can that be?

MSN really had us at 20th to start the season?
I don't get it either. We were a playoff team last year and the moves we made plus the seasoning of a young roster at the least should have put us in the top 10-15 on the Dolphin hater sites, top 10 for truly neutral sites.

Disagree.

Losing to one of the top 3 teams doesn't mean you suddenly became worse. If you were ranked 7th you were expected to lose that game, why would it impact rankings? If they lose again they should fall but not based off one game against a great team.
Disagree.

Over the process of a season, the accuracy of the rankings should prevail is losers drop in rankings and winners rise when those above them lose. Otherwise, the #4 team could lose to #1, #2 and #3 and still be #4 while being 0-3 and be in front of the #5 team who is 3-0.

The integrity of the ranking is preserved by appropriately rewarding winning teams and penalizing losers. Otherwise, the rankings are completely subjective and bias judges can keep their teams locked into high rankings regardless of actual outcomes.

Or maybe you like it when UCF, Boise St., TCU and other small schools consistently get passed over by x loss teams from Power 5 Conferences. And then, OOPS, those small schools suddenly win their "prove it" bowl game against said Power 5 and STILL get pushed aside in the rankings.

If a team is truly worth its ranking, it doesn't need bias pollsters propping it up when it loses.

Disagree.

Over the process of a season, the accuracy of the rankings should prevail is losers drop in rankings and winners rise when those above them lose. Otherwise, the #4 team could lose to #1, #2 and #3 and still be #4 while being 0-3 and be in front of the #5 team who is 3-0.

The integrity of the ranking is preserved by appropriately rewarding winning teams and penalizing losers. Otherwise, the rankings are completely subjective and bias judges can keep their teams locked into high rankings regardless of actual outcomes.

Or maybe you like it when UCF, Boise St., TCU and other small schools consistently get passed over by x loss teams from Power 5 Conferences. And then, OOPS, those small schools suddenly win their "prove it" bowl game against said Power 5 and STILL get pushed aside in the rankings.

If a team is truly worth its ranking, it doesn't need bias pollsters propping it up when it loses.

We can agree to disagree.

As I said, repeated losses should drop you in the rankings but I don't think losing to the two time defending AFC Champion, one time SB winner justifies a drop.

Like, should Houston be ahead of them? If one loss means you drop should you be behind EVERY 1-0 team? Of course not.

I understand your general view but like I said I just dont agree.

Back
Top Bottom