Week 5 prediction thread! Fins Vs Pats, step right up... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Week 5 prediction thread! Fins Vs Pats, step right up...

Originally posted by Billsfan

Maybe....but I think NE is a better all around team with better coaching......I know you guys won't like that statement, but they are the Superbowl Champs.

Overall the Dolphins are most talented team on both sides of the ball(AFC East) ..New England has improved alot especially on offense but is not the most talented team and they are close second in terms of talent..I agree with you about the coaching staff ...New England is coming at a wrong time to face the Dolphins.The defense will fire up to play this one..I can see the Dolphin running away with game..Patrick Surtain gives alot of confidence to the secondary....Every one in the AFC eas has improve on Offense alot (especially the Bills) with the exception of Jets who have highest payroll in the league and can't do anything .......

Pat 17
Phins 38

the matchups are pretty close - http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/teammatch?gameId=221006015 - the Pats have the #1 pass d since they have the #29 run D. We have the #3 run O, but the #24 pass D

all by yards

Pats have allowed 5.6 YPC :eek: Fins have avg 5.1 YPC - so there is that game plan. The Pats have throw and completed more passes then any other team.

Originally posted by dolphan39
the Pats have the #1 pass d since they have the #29 run D. We have the #3 run O, but the #24 pass D

aint that a bit**, coming into the season i was worried about the run defense...those stats are misleading, however. when fins fell behind 10-7 last week, it marked the 1st time they didnt lead ALL SEASON. clearly detroit, indy, and ny had to abandon the run

The return of CB P. Surtain could make all the difference in the world this Sunday....

With Surtain and Madison shutting down the Pats WR's, that should give the Phinz DL more time to get to T. Brady....

The Pats defense will be very focused on stopping Ricky, but it wont matter by the start of the fourth quarter. The Pats DL will be so spent from the humidity, that Ricky will get his long runs eventually.....

He's a fourth quarter runner, and down here in this heat, it's going to be very tough to keep him from breaking loose....

The Pats offense is scary, but when we're at home, our defense usually steps it up a notch. The amount of pressure our DL on T. Brady will be a difference maker when it's all said and done with...

PHINZ 33
PATS 23

PHINZ RULE!!!

Patriots 27
Dolphins 30*

*Field goal in overtime to win

Ricky will get 106 yards rushing and 2 TD's.
Fiedler will get 232 passing yards with 1 TD and 1 INT
Gadsden leading receiver with 89 REC YDS and 1 TD

Brady 312 yards passing 2 TD's 1 INT
Smith 64 YDS Rushing 1 TD
Branch 104 YDS Receiving 1 TD

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
A tie? Now THAT's a prediction

Yeah but I picked the Fins in the football pool.

:D

it will be a blowout...

41-23 with the Pats scoring 2 TDs in garbage time after mighty Brady guided them to 3 FGs all game long.

Ricky is gonna run wild, Fiedler will be as accurate and efficient as week 1-3 and CC will have his best game of the year.

Fins will have 450 yards total (at least)....about 200 rushing and over 250 in passing....

...and since my prediction is so accurate I must tell you all...I WILL NOT GIVE YOU NEXT WEEK'S LOTTO NUMBERS...I do not share my winnings...well I might with Miadphan13..hehehehehe

This frustrating game is going to won by the linebackers (or whoever are in their places). Both MD and NE balance eachother so well in strengths and weakness' that they practically cancel eachother out. Instead, whichever set of LB's play the passing lanes and tackle the best, that team wins. Belicheck will have seen how KC (and a myriad of others) exploited our soft middle and will attempt to do the same. Norv will do the same with his O, and the outcome of that is both D's hanging on by a thread. Since we are at home, I give our LB's the edge even tho I have little faith in the way they play (disappear) or the way they are used (you cover their fastest man up, OK?). MD27 NE23

LOL

Originally posted by Billsfan

I'll bet you that Ricky Williams doesn't get 75 yards this week. NE is going to gear the whole D to stooping this guy....Miami will need to win through the air.

:p
Over 100 again Billsfan!

And We Win again......just pushing us further past the rest of the NFL as the leagues winningest team!

IMO

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
The return of CB P. Surtain could make all the difference in the world this Sunday....

With Surtain and Madison shutting down the Pats WR's, that should give the Phinz DL more time to get to T. Brady....

The Pats defense will be very focused on stopping Ricky, but it wont matter by the start of the fourth quarter. The Pats DL will be so spent from the humidity, that Ricky will get his long runs eventually.....

He's a fourth quarter runner, and down here in this heat, it's going to be very tough to keep him from breaking loose....

The Pats offense is scary, but when we're at home, our defense usually steps it up a notch. The amount of pressure our DL on T. Brady will be a difference maker when it's all said and done with...

PHINZ 33
PATS 23

PHINZ RULE!!!

I think this has to be the closest to what actually happened! Congrats! You win the Golden Handshake~

So what are the results? You have them yet? lol

Yes I do, Ive just been too busy to get the post together... Ill do it tonight or tommorow.

Back
Top Bottom