***Week 6 Jets vs Miami reaction thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Week 6 Jets vs Miami reaction thread***

EkpXrV0XEAAOHCT

My reaction is that Jets offence is so bad considering how inept Miami’s was after Fitz’s first pick. Amazing to get a shutout with that many drives and so many starters out.

Things I am happy about after todays win:
1- A shutout for our defense! A pick for X, great day by Wilkins and Ogbah. Pass D continues to dominate
2- Nice bounce-back game for Grant, 4/4 receiving, over 150 all-purpose yards!
3- Unexpected production from Adam Shaheen! I really didn't expect to get anything out of the guy when we got him from Chicago, but he executed well when his number was called today.
4- Tua got some time and went 2/2! I was a little nervous seeing him go out there against an undisciplined Jets team, but they didn't show much energy at that point late in the game.
5- We handed another L to Gase! F that guy.

Things I am not happy about after todays win:
1- Fitz really seemed to get sloppy and lose his edge after building a 3 score lead. We need more killer instinct.
2- Gaskin still hasn't gotten 100 yards rushing. He had a great start today and I thought he was gonna get it but the offense really sputtered in the 2nd half. So disappointed he didn't get it, especially with him having to listen to all the talk about bringing in Bell this week.
3- Injuries. Looked like several guys got dinged up, hopefully nothing too serious. DVP aggravated something, but we really didn't need him to push himself to play through something at that point in the game.

I didn’t understand going away from the run a little bit when it had been working so good. I know you have to switch it up, but I thought we did it without having it dictated by their adjustment. We just had a script and I like going with the hot hand until they force a change. Like body shots in boxing. You are setting up the knockout but if you are winning with that, keep it simple, you keep that up. Gase can be outcoached. His team is poorly disciplined. He is not a leader of men. He is not head coach material. Rex Ryan was a good coach. The quarterback guru label has been a fraud since people giving him any credit for Peyton Manning’s success. Total media creation. Props to Frank Gore, was enjoyable seeing the old guy. He runs and it’s a thing of beauty. I do think Fitz was never the same in the game after the rough hit. Must have really got his bell rung. But that’s giving him the benefit of the doubt, he just runs hot and cold, but here at home with a really bottom of the league opponent, he should have had a fun game as his time is coming to an end and he should be out there enjoying himself. He looked like he does when he has one of those bad games. I hope we give Tua the keys and that’s the end of that. I would be scared to death to go into a playoff game with Fitz. Looking ahead, with Houston losing again, in light of the shutout today, I’m still looking at using the first and maybe the second pick we have on defense. We’ll be playing against Allen, probably Lawrence, maybe Trask in New England, the AFC east is going to be loaded at quarterback for years. We can get a serious back later for sure, another wide receiver, in Gase I trust to put the team together but we need to draft for playing our schedule. Tua should settle the most important position for a long time. Let’s hope. Things are looking up, but let’s not forget, we should have scored way more against the sorry azz Jets. The best is certainly yet to come. Tua gives us the chance for anything to happen this year, who knows what will happen with covid and all that, the changes to the schedule, the playoffs, bye weeks, etc. It’s anybody’s game this year. I’m glad we played KC, the Bills, Seattle, I think we learned a lot and the second half of the season looks really good all of a sudden. Optimism, I like it.

Back
Top Bottom