Weekly positives from the bills game! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Weekly positives from the bills game!

But in the 1st half we didnt have very many positive plays thus minimizing the chance of penalties hurting us.

COACHING WIN!
I guess you can't have a killer penalty if you don't have a killer play to go along with it... Never looked at it that way, you may be on to something...

Offense hasn't been able to stay on the field consistently enough for our receivers to generate big counting stats, but outside the first few games we've had good contributions.

Yep and our passing offense has reached 250 yards and above only 3 times this season, with Fitz passing for 300 yards today it's not surprising to see a wr eclipse 100 yards.

I didn’t see this production coming from Parker, I’m pleasantly surprised and have a renewed enthusiasm for the player. But let’s give this coaching staff their due on this one also because he was a failure up until now. I really believe this staff knows what their doing and they coach players up

I didn’t see this production coming from Parker, I’m pleasantly surprised and have a renewed enthusiasm for the player. But let’s give this coaching staff their due on this one also because he was a failure up until now. I really believe this staff knows what their doing and they coach players up

While I think the coaching staff deserves some credit I think a big part of Parker's success is due to the fact that his role is greater and more defined not playing under the shadow of Landry and Stills. This year it's been Parker, a talented undrafted free agent and three receivers coming back from 2018 season ending injuries (Wilson, Grant and Hurns). You figured he was going play a big role in that situation.

- and lastly and probably most importantly we got the Trifecta Dolphins, Steelers and Texans all lost. Great week for draft picks
I'll never root for Miami to lose, but I WILL root for the other bad teams to win.

The Jets/Skins outcome was a wash. I'd prefer the Skins to win, based on record, but F*** the jests.

Atlanta won. Cool

I can't believe the Bengals are only down by 7 to the Traitors/Faders. If they pull out this win, it'll be a damn good day, draft-wise.

While I think the coaching staff deserves some credit I think a big part of Parker's success is due to the fact that his role is greater and more defined not playing under the shadow of Landry and Stills. This year it's been Parker, a talented undrafted free agent and three receivers coming back from 2018 season ending injuries (Wilson, Grant and Hurns). You figured he was going play a big role in that situation.
That plus he's been healthy this year. Up till now he's been having nagging injuries but this year he's been able to play every game.

I'll never root for Miami to lose, but I WILL root for the other bad teams to win.

The Jets/Skins outcome was a wash. I'd prefer the Skins to win, based on record, but F*** the jests.

Atlanta won. Cool

I can't believe the Bengals are only down by 7 to the Traitors/Faders. If they pull out this win, it'll be a damn good day, draft-wise.
Cincy should have won at least two games already but they always find ways to lose.

Loved the onside kick as well. Agree, Laird needs more touches. Grant was amazing and Parker is having a nice season.

Could tell Miami had the D team of officials. The holding call on the big run by Fitzpatrick came when the team had momentum and was still in the game.

No question Buffalo deserved to win, though.

Biggest weaknesses are hard to overcome. Terrible offensive line and a non-existent pass rush.

Credit to Fitzpatrick considering all the pressure he faced.

Parker went from the guy I wanted them to cut more than anyone to the guy we can build our WR core around....truly amazing production so far. I do think our old Gase offense didnt feature him alot, maybe 3-5 targets a game. That was a much heavier screen offense featuring RBs, TEs, and Grant/Wilson. Parker on the slant or on a deep post is playing like Deandre Hopkins this season, he's actually gone up and made physical catches. So proud that he's consistent.

Parker went from the guy I wanted them to cut more than anyone to the guy we can build our WR core around....truly amazing production so far. I do think our old Gase offense didnt feature him alot, maybe 3-5 targets a game. That was a much heavier screen offense featuring RBs, TEs, and Grant/Wilson. Parker on the slant or on a deep post is playing like Deandre Hopkins this season, he's actually gone up and made physical catches. So proud that he's consistent.

Devante is a hot and cold player and he has to have someone get him going before he plays his best. That was something that Gase was both unable and unwilling to do. For as bad as this year's team is, last year's was terrible at maintaining drives, resulting in pretty much nobody getting in a rhythm in the passing game the entire year.

Extremely disappointing week in my opinion so not gonna be many positives but here we go:
- Jakeem Grant was incredible, this is how he should be used, gadget plays and Kick returns. He proved his value today. If we weren’t so bad games like this from a role player can be the difference in wins and loses in close games.
-Devante Parker was stellar 7 for 135 he’s a very good WR and continues to prove that, if he keeps playing well he could flirt with a Probowl nod.
- Nik Needham had an up and down game but had a few PD and a FF, he’s continuing to show promise.
-Jerome Baker had a bunch of tackles.
- Wilkins has a nice sack that didn’t count cause Josh Allen yanked his Facemask and threw it into space.
-Patrick Laird needs to be featured in the passing game, he runs crisp routes and has good hands.
- and lastly and probably most importantly we got the Trifecta Dolphins, Steelers and Texans all lost. Great week for draft picks
Patrick Laird is the poor man's Christian McCaffrey out there!

Back
Top Bottom