Weekly positives from the bills game! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Weekly positives from the bills game!

Parker went from the guy I wanted them to cut more than anyone to the guy we can build our WR core around....truly amazing production so far. I do think our old Gase offense didnt feature him alot, maybe 3-5 targets a game. That was a much heavier screen offense featuring RBs, TEs, and Grant/Wilson. Parker on the slant or on a deep post is playing like Deandre Hopkins this season, he's actually gone up and made physical catches. So proud that he's consistent.
Wait until he has an excellent young quarterback throwing him the ball (and a running attack that makes defenses stack the box).

Parker would have had a td too if Gesicki made a better downfield blocking effort on the long gain.
I couldn’t believe that. Bam Abedayo could’ve set a pick more effectively than that dork making a block. At least try to get in the DBs way. Jezuz

Parker now has 11 career games with double digit targets, 3 in the past 5 weeks. In those 11 games he has 65 receptions and 888 yards. If you fed him a steady diet of targets and he stayed healthy for 16 games Parker could easily be a 90 to 100 reception and 1300 yard player. Not bad at all. Shows if he's available and fed like a number 1 receiver he can produce decent nfl stats. Parker and Williams could make for a nice 1-2 tandem in 2020. I would still like to see the team add a bonifide home run threat to complete the trio.

When I look at this teams roster, I have trouble identifying 10 players I want to see on this roster once the rebuilding job is finished in 2-3 years. It just isn’t a very talented roster and the fact this team has won 2 games is a miracle. Hopefully Grier will do as well selecting actual talented players in the draft and in free agency as he has been in building a team with little or no talent.

Parker now has 11 career games with double digit targets, 3 in the past 5 weeks. In those 11 games he has 65 receptions and 888 yards. If you fed him a steady diet of targets and he stayed healthy for 16 games Parker could easily be a 90 to 100 reception and 1300 yard player. Not bad at all. Shows if he's available and fed like a number 1 receiver he can produce decent nfl stats. Parker and Williams could make for a nice 1-2 tandem in 2020. I would still like to see the team add a bonifide home run threat to complete the trio.
Thanks for the post. Great info.

I have to say Flo and his staff defiantly learned a lot about facing a team for the 2nd time in a season. That was my biggest worry about this week, just had a bigger learning curve than recently so look for his prep and teams to come out better from now on.

We all know our roster lacks overall talent, and when you are missing guys like McMillian and Taco who have been contributors then you will have a game like this. We dont have depth and Taco has been a decent pass rusher, while McMillian is a run buster and well they ran really effectively and Allen had all day to throw so while it was a loss I by no mean think this was some awful showing. We have a limited roster and were missing guys who are typically high snap count guys what did you expect?

I will say the refs overall across the league are terrible. But cant change their calls and I hope our O linemen take that approach of owning their match-up. If that call isnt made who knows likely would have had points. LOVE Flo being aggressive as a coach, with the 2 point call and the onside kick. But Hurns fumbles and kills another drive likely to get points, so this team kept fighting and while we made more mistakes than usual we weren't far from this being a one possession game.

Whoever said this was some effort like the Pats or Ravens I scratch my head on your thought process, yes we lost by 17 but I mean could easily have been 37-30 us going for the win when Gesicki tries to bring in the 4th down play.

What I find interesting is fans will find any number of excuses for why other teams play poorly but their team looses when it is undermanned or has bad calls against them or just were outplayed and some late score made it a 14/17 point lead they blow up and call for everyone to be fired or call their team a joke or pitiful.

Also forgot to mention the Jason Sanders onside kick that was a great play, even though it was mostly luck

During just about every game this year I heard the announcers say that successful onside kicks are extremely rare nowadays. Miami got one yesterday, and twice recovered the ball in previous games but had stupid penalties called against them. Not too shabby... just need to get rid of those penalties!

We got a good result out of this game and we got to see a great kick return by Jakeem Grant. Good football game.

When I look at this teams roster, I have trouble identifying 10 players I want to see on this roster once the rebuilding job is finished in 2-3 years. It just isn’t a very talented roster and the fact this team has won 2 games is a miracle. Hopefully Grier will do as well selecting actual talented players in the draft and in free agency as he has been in building a team with little or no talent.

Sorry, but that's going to far. You didn't say 'starters' - only "on this roster." You didn't say 'can't be upgraded. Let me try . . .
Boehm, Davis, Williams, Parker, Hurns, walton, Laird, Gesicki, uncertain about Deiter.
Sanders, long snapper (not hearing his name is a good thing), Aikens
Godchaux, Jenkins, Wilkins, Charlton, Baker, McMillan, Beigel, X, Needham.
Questionable - AVG, RF (as vet presence), Cox, Wiltz
That's quite a fwe starters or high snap count guys

2 takes - Be careful on Laird excitement - yes, I see his quickness and value for 3rd downs, but a lot of those grabs and yards came when the BIlls were backing off more.4 yard dump-downs when we really needed the big hit, and the Bills knew it. Also, when you look at the Bills remaining schedule and current record, today was an absolute MUST win for them. They increased playoff chances greatly, whereas a loss would have really put them in a bad position. They played like their pants were on fire for that reason.

Sorry, but that's going to far. You didn't say 'starters' - only "on this roster." You didn't say 'can't be upgraded. Let me try . . .
Boehm, Davis, Williams, Parker, Hurns, walton, Laird, Gesicki, uncertain about Deiter.
Sanders, long snapper (not hearing his name is a good thing), Aikens
Godchaux, Jenkins, Wilkins, Charlton, Baker, McMillan, Beigel, X, Needham.
Questionable - AVG, RF (as vet presence), Cox, Wiltz
That's quite a fwe starters or high snap count guys
Do agree with most of your names, although I'm not convinced on Hurns yet, haven't seen enough of Laird and think Aikens as S/T player may be pushed out the door because I can see them drafting in a few other DB's in the next couple of years.
Also not quite ready to push Rosen under the bus yet.

Lb level didn’t play as small as I expected without raekwon and it was because of godchaux who was the top grade in tbe game.

He was damn good.

Back
Top Bottom