Weird Poll on SI, Saban disloyal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Weird Poll on SI, Saban disloyal

Kenny_Stang

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
While reading the 10 Spot (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/pete_mcentegart/05/31/ten.spot/index.html) ran accross a poll asking which of the following coaches were the most disloyal:

Larry Brown
Mike Keenan
Bill Parcells
Nick Saban
Roy Williams

Larry Brown lead the poll with 47% of the vote followed by Parcells with 25%, Mike Keenan with 10% and Nick Saban & Roy Williams bringing up the rear with 9% each. Anyone think Nick Saban was disloyal leaving LSU? I personally don't, but then again I'm not an LSU fan. What are your thoughts?

Nick left LSU to go to the pros (college to pro)......the others on that list went to different teams competing with their former teams (pro team to pro team).

No disloyalty by Saban.

I don't think Saban or Williams are disloyal. They both saw a better opportunity to be successful. Williams paid off by winning the tourney, hopefully Saban's pays off by winning the SB.

I think Saban has only taken jobs to help further his career. Brown and Parcells seem to jump around at the same level. I dont think its fair to throw Saban into that mix at all. Wasnt Roy Williams at Kansas for like 20 years or something close to that before leaving. Plus he left for his dream job, and would not have for any other job. Nobody can say he is not loyal. I dont know much abour Keenan, but Parcell and Brown are the worst.

Kinda strange. Totally different situations. If you won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Yeah, I thought so.

Did it mean disloyal for leaving LSU, or for something else like how he treats his players or staff? Was it specific?

One thing all those guys have in common is that they have won championships. Successful people are continually offered bigger and better things, and often end up moving around a little before finding their dream job. Believe Saban has found his.

If that is mike keenan the hockey coach.. Idk what hes ever done to be disloyal, as far as I know he's just been bounced around the nhl so much, because hes been fired not quit to go somewhere else

Finland said:
Did it mean disloyal for leaving LSU, or for something else like how he treats his players or staff? Was it specific?

Click on the link, you'll see the poll. It says Which coach is most disloyal?
then gives the names.

I don't see how Roy Williams can be on the list considering the job he went to was his alma mater. It's not like UNC was a completely random job offer. It's also the only time he's ever changed head coaching jobs.

As for Saban, I don't see moving from one level of competition to another as disloyalty, including him was pretty stupid too. If Saban was an LSU grad (not sure if he is or not), then it might be disloyal, but even that is reaching. Now going from the Dolphins to the Jets, Pats, or Bills would be disloyalty.

It's a stupid pole people have to make buisness decisions all the time. If a company offered me a job makeing a lot more money doing the same job I would take it in a heart beat.

Well it has been discused that saban is kind of dishonest so he might be considered disloyal in that way

Hey wouldn't you take a job for a lot more money and nice big house in Miami?

I wish I was made this offer so I could show my disloyalty.

byroan said:
I don't think Saban or Williams are disloyal. They both saw a better opportunity to be successful. Williams paid off by winning the tourney, hopefully Saban's pays off by winning the SB.
Good point. I agree.

Back
Top Bottom