Welcome Aboard Vernon? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome Aboard Vernon?

Phishstix

Finheaven's Fattest Pimp
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard Vernon!!!

we got a great OL that will hopefully be a cornerstone for years to come. a lot of you guys will continue to complain about the trade and/or not getting wilfork, but i'd rather have somebody opening up holes for rucky and protecting a.j. than an initial backup DT. when do we want to win? now or a couple years from now? i say now, and carey will help us more early on than wilfork would.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't know if Carey will be great, but I think he will play this year, and he will have more of an impact than any DT we could have gotten this year. Hopefully Carey will open up some nice holes for Ricky this season.

Phishstix said:
we got a great OL that will hopefully be a cornerstone for years to come. a lot of you guys will continue to complain about the trade and/or not getting wilfork, but i'd rather have somebody opening up holes for rucky and protecting a.j. than an initial backup DT. when do we want to win? now or a couple years from now? i say now, and carey will help us more early on than wilfork would.

well said!!
i agree :)

I Second And Third This Thread

Welcome Aboar

Next Stop Training Camp

While I may be seen as the pre-eminent complainer, I want to stress it has nothing to do with Carey himself. I am worried about having RS as the GM for the first time this offseason, and I really want RS to do something to restore my confidence in him. That has nothing to do with Carey. He is an innocent party who can only play his best. I expect his best, but that is all I will ever expect from him. Anything more is just unfair.

I would suggest that the ? at the end of the title be changed to a !

I might not feel like celebrating today, but I'm rooting for Carey to give me something to celebrate soon. :)

:) One good thing about Vernon, he is already aclimated....

TO THE PERSON WHO POSTED THIS THREAD: You my friend are an idiot...a great lineman???great lineman? since when was he great.

Dyin2Live said:
TO THE PERSON WHO POSTED THIS THREAD: You my friend are an idiot...a great lineman???great lineman? since when was he great.

Hey buddy please calm down, and critique the post not the poster...

Here is some info on Vernon's profile from the Hurricane website:

AT MIAMI: Rare talent who is reaching his vast potential as an offensive lineman... can play guard or tackle, and practiced extensively at both positions in the spring... has tremendous size and strength... a devastating run blocker who also has been excellent in pass protection... his lower body strength gives him good explosion off the ball... has exceptional leverage and flexibility.

2002 (JUNIOR): Took over the starting job at right tackle and became a dominant force... led the team in pancake blocks with 42... earned offensive most valuable player honors from the coaching staff for performances against Florida, Florida State, West Virginia, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech... only consensus All-America tailback Willis McGahee earned as many game MVP honors during the season... allowed only two quarterback sacks in his first season as a full-time starter... had a team-high six pancakes and six metrorails against Virginia Tech, as the Miami offense rushed for 256 yards and gained 556 total yards...

He might not be a great OL, but IMHO he is a little bit better than average. But I guess you will think that I am an idiot also... :lol:

Anyways here is the link to the rest of his profile for anyone interested...

Hurricane Site

Back
Top Bottom