Welcome back to the NFL-Nick Saban article | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome back to the NFL-Nick Saban article

KC doesn't even have a 3rd round pick to trade. They just have a 3rd round comp pick, which you can't trade those. A 4th round pick is insulting. I'm sure Miami won't accept anything less then a 2nd round pick. May a 4th this year and a 2nd next year, I dunno.

the problem with franchising Surtain next year would be that he would get like 10 mil for salary and screw up our cap again. I am pretty sure that is what happened to Oakland with Woodson. The guy gets the average of the top 5 paid corners at his position, and I dont think Saban would do that so tagging him next year is not an option.

texasPHINSfan said:
because they KNOW they have leverage here. we HAVE to get rid of him, there are no other suitors at the moment, and if we don't get rid of him now, we'll lose him next year for nothing.

i think i'd rather have a 4th for him than nothing, but still... i think he should at least get a 2nd.

KC's playing hardball, and they think they are going to win because of wanny and spielman.

thankfully saban isn't that stupid, so hopefully something else will be worked out.

No, we don't have to get rid of him and I wouldn't even entertain offers like that. We have the option of restructuring Pat's contract or hope that he has a killer season this year and franchise him next year.

Wanny and Spielman were negligent in letting this contract situation get our of hand. Something should have been in place last year but we're not at a point yet where we have to accept pennies on the dollar for one of the NFLs best corners. This will set the standard of negotiations from here on out and will define if Saban is a push over or, as I believe, a tough cookie. So far, Saban has snubbed his nose at 'first offers'. Ultimately, I believe that we will receive fair value for Pat or keep him.

:roflmao:

You guys need to read the whole thing. King goes off into a crazy tangent towards the end of the write-up. It's pretty funny.

p.s. Perhaps this is why the Chiefs have raised their interest in Pat Surtain???
9. I think Ty Law had better lose some weight if he wants to get a big deal from Kansas City.

byroan said:
What a joke KC is if that's their best offer. A 4th???? Geez.

I bet Rick SPielman is BEGGING Saban to let him make that trade for only a 4th rounder!!:shakeno:

If a 4th is teh best they can do, Pat will be a fin in 05.

NHPhinsfan said:
Sounds like they're testing our new coach, i wouldn't be surprised if both sides agree on a 3rd round pick before the draft, that would suck for us but better than losing him next year for nothing

I really think if it gets done, it may be a 4th this year, with a 2nd next year.

Best case is Saban acts smart and doesn't take anything but 1st day draft picks for Surtain and if that doesn't happen, keep him and franchise him next year.

Saban is striving to fashion his organization in a Belichickian way, to speak with one voice so the message is crystal clear and the leaks get plugged.

Totally agree with King's statement here. Let the other teams keep guessing.

BringBackShula said:
I bet Rick SPielman is BEGGING Saban to let him make that trade for only a 4th rounder!!:shakeno:

Yeah Rick is just that dumb right. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom