Welcome back to the NFL-Nick Saban article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome back to the NFL-Nick Saban article

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
Peter King article on Nick Saban

3. Saban's not exactly Belichick: There might be only one difference between him and Bill Belichick, his longtime friend and former offseason X's and O's sharer. When Belichick is asked a question, he might answer it with a clipped, wiseass answer. When Saban is asked a question, his answer is most often well-considered and calculating.

Well, one other thing: Saban dresses like he's auditioning for GQ. Belichick, of course, dresses like a gym rat.

Interesting difference. I thought this was a well written article.

Anybody else REALLY disterbed by this?
2. Saban loves draft picks: He wants more draft picks. He is in mourning over the fact the Dolphins don't have their second-round selection this year (they dealt it for A.J. Feeley last year), and I see him holding out for a second- or a third-round pick for cornerback Patrick Surtain. Right now, the best offer out there for Surtain is Kansas City's fourth-round pick.

You can bet that Miami will have at least one more first-day draft pick on April 23.
A 4th rounder? You have to be kidding me Kansas City!

Nublar7 said:

That disturbs me too. Why do we even bother accepting phone calls from KC if that is their best offer?

Nublar7 said:
I would rather keep Surtain if thats the offer. the way I see it, in the past about 4 of the 32 kids taken will end up being productive starters. not worth it.

Nublar7 said:

Sounds like they're testing our new coach, i wouldn't be surprised if both sides agree on a 3rd round pick before the draft, that would suck for us but better than losing him next year for nothing

What a joke KC is if that's their best offer. A 4th???? Geez.

Celtkin said:
That disturbs me too. Why do we even bother accepting phone calls from KC if that is their best offer?
because they KNOW they have leverage here. we HAVE to get rid of him, there are no other suitors at the moment, and if we don't get rid of him now, we'll lose him next year for nothing.

i think i'd rather have a 4th for him than nothing, but still... i think he should at least get a 2nd.

KC's playing hardball, and they think they are going to win because of wanny and spielman.

thankfully saban isn't that stupid, so hopefully something else will be worked out.

finz99 said:
Yea...come on KC thats a joke of an offer.

I think Vermeil's making that offer. They don't want to give up a good pick when they could just get Ty Law.

Nice article! Thanks!

A 4th!? Bah! Keep Surtain!

yes, KC is smart for making that offer... they have no competition for Surtain right now, so should you fault them... simultaneously, it's Saban's duty to weigh the best offer out there vs. the cap consequences of keeping him around for just another year...

Back
Top Bottom