Welcome To Miami Josh Rosen | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome To Miami Josh Rosen

The wound of pissing away a second round pick this year and a 5th round pick next year for a qb that the Dolphins themselves aren't fully committed to. How do I know that? Because they are still stockpiling draft picks for next year in case they have to move up to draft a qb.

FYI The Dolphins liked Rosen last year as per Chris Grier, they just didn't like him at 11 in 2018.

They do like him in the 2nd round in 2019 as per todays outcome.

We got Rosen for free! Trade back from the 40s into 62 and flipped it into a 2020 second round pick and Josh Rosen.

Anyone that that has a problem with that or Chris Grier is incompetent.
What about the fifth we apparently gave up? Not for nothing but we find great players In exactly the fifth round. I don’t mind bringing Rosen in but a 2nd was too much.. a 2nd and a 5th!?!? Nope

awful getting Rosen.....theres a reason arizona dumped him after 1 year....hes nothing but a whiny spoiled brat....cant win with a guy like that...its obvious....and a couple of you guys call him a franchise player? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
He may be. But the fact that he got dumped this early in his career could put a chip on his shoulder and humbled him to where he's coachable. And if not, we'll quickly move on.

FYI The Dolphins liked Rosen last year as per Chris Grier, they just didn't like him at 11 in 2018.

I think people forget he went 10 aand we picked 11. Nobody knows if we'd take him if he fell

I had Rosen as the 5th best QB coming out last year. I would have MUCH rather got Lock or Haskins in this draft.

What about the fifth we apparently gave up? Not for nothing but we find great players In exactly the fifth round. I don’t mind bringing Rosen in but a 2nd was too much.. a 2nd and a 5th!?!? Nope
Your a tool. Your worrried about a 5th for a QB rated highest in this years QB class.

Wow. That really sounds like a winning philosophy. They kind of liked him last year but not enough to move up one spot to land a so called "franchise" qb, but now after a disastrous rookie season, they like him enough to trade 2nd and fifth round picks.

Brilliant draft. We traded down in the 2nd and got an additional 2nd rounder in 2020. We got a stud at DT who will be a major factor for years to come and we got a low risk potential high reward QB.
If Rosen turns out to be a franchise QB it was the steal of the last two decades. If he is not we invested very little and still got 12 picks in next years draft to got for another QB.

This year's offseason Grier and Co laid the foundation for the next 5-10 years.

To those who think we are lacking OL players. If you go back through the recent history of the Patriots you will realize that the OL was always their strength and was mostly compromised of lower round draft picks, UDFAs and the garbage pile of the rest of the NFL. It was all about coaching them up in the system. I doubt you will us make any splash in FA or early in the draft when it comes to the OL.

With that being said: Josh, Welcome to Miami. Make the best of your second chance.

Only regret I have is not taking BPA with our 2nd pick

I don't think that people get a lot of us like this move not because we're sold on Rosen...certainly there are some questions. I'm sold on the freaking price that made him worth the potential. I rarely see a QB prospect in these drafts that doesn't have holes in their game you could drive a truck through. I'm worried about Rosen's attitude, it's not necessarily comforting that he didn't play that well (but I actually watched a lot of their games last year and it was evident that whole team was a dumpster fire and he still made some awesome throws despite it all). But I'm absolutely ecstatic about the risk/reward of this move. I'm ecstatic that we freaking moved down in the draft, got a second rounder next year, and still freaking got a franchise QB prospect.

After years of seeing us give guys like Ajayi and Landry away, and years of overdrafting mediocre talents searching to plug a hole, this is the first time I feel like the Dolphins made a smart move like the Patriots always seem to make.

I think people forget he went 10 aand we picked 11. Nobody knows if we'd take him if he fell

Word got out that in 2018 Grier said he wasn't planning on taking Rosen at 11 if the Cards didn't draft him. It was brought up last year and again today in a live draft interview.

He said "I liked Rosen, but not at 11"

I like this trade a lot. As long as the team goes into this with the understanding that you start the kid immediately, this is a big strategic win for the franchise. You either get great value at an important position, or you just helped yourself get great value at an important position next year. :lol:

Trading down was also a good move. The Cardinals were dead set on trying to get a second round pick, so the Dolphins scooped up some extra picks and handed them a much crappier second round pick.

Not a huge fan of giving up a 2nd.

HOWEVER

If, and that's a big if, Rosen plays up to his talent this is a steal and we go into a loaded draft next year with picks.

If he doesnt? Next two drafts are loaded with QBs and we will have picks.

We get a QB with a lot of physical talent for almost nothing. He works out great he doesnt? No harm.

I also think some of the criticisms of Rosen's character are a bit overblown as teammates like Fitz, Christian Kirk, and David Johnson (all high character guys) have defended him and are excited to see him get an opportunity.

Now let's not make a mistake, Rosen looked bad last year... but you also have to wonder how much of that was the Cards being a total dumber fire. Not that I thik he's a great QB, but look at what a difference a real offensive coaching staff made for Jared Goff from rookie to 2nd year

Back
Top Bottom