Welcome To Miami Josh Rosen | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome To Miami Josh Rosen

Lets not forget that we have Jim Cadwell, who is known as someone who can bring the best out of the QBs he has worked with. Rosen didn't have that last year at Zona. There he ended up playing under 2 OC and playing behind an OL that was actually worse than ours was. Also, Rosen is only 22 years old! kid is younger than a few QB's coming out this year. give him an average to decent OL and see what he can do.
Welcome to Miami Josh!!! Good luck!
Sam Bradford, a veteran in the same AZ mess, performed at a similar level as Rosen, if not worse.

That's really all you can do at this point. I just pray that he's either really good or really bad. None of this Tannehill level good where you start thinking he's good enough (when he's really not) and try to build a team around him instead of just pulling the band aid off and finding his replacement. I don't want to go through another 6 years listening to people argue whether Rosen should be the qb of this team. I'm exhausted.

So much truth. It doesn't matter what we think, we are resigned to reality of recent history and circumstances leading to todays....

We will see.

....but really, they got an additional second round pick in 2020 as well. Let's not pretend the trade back wasn't part of the plan, just to make things look worse to fit your narrative.

The Phins deferred their 2nd round pick until next year, and gave a 5th for the 10th overall pick in last years draft.

Out-fugging-standing.

I finally figured out everything that went into the Rosen trade.

Now if you don't like getting Rosen, none of this makes any difference, but just watching what the front office did to effect this trade is enlightening. There were two steps.

STEP 1: We traded with New Orleans.
We traded down with our 2nd round pick at 48 for their 2nd round pick at 62.
We traded down with our 4th round pick at 116 for their 4th round pick at 202.
We then get their 2020 2nd round pick.

This is a good trade for us because we still have selections in the rounds we traded in and we get an extra 2nd round pick, albeit for next year.

STEP 2: We trade with Arizona and they demand a 2nd and a 5th for Rosen.
The trade with New Orleans let us maintain a 2nd round pick, and give them one of significantly less value (62 in place of 48) and our 5th at pick 151 remained unchanged. We met Arizona's demand, but reduced the value of our 2nd round pick before trading with them.

The end result of all this is we started with a trade that took us from 2 picks to 3 picks with one of those picks being next year and not losing a round to pick in this year. That yields us a gain of 1 pick. Then we ended by trading 2 picks (a reduced value 2nd and a 5th) for what was a 1st round pick last year (a loss of 1 pick).

In effect we did not lose a pick in this trade. You can think of it as using last year and next year as a kind of debit and credit deal. If Rosen doesn't pan out, then we lose on the debt part of the deal (2018 draft position) but we are still in a position to use the credit part of the deal (2020 draft position) to replace him. If our 2020 pick pans out then we haven't lost a thing but basically ended up with 2 picks for the price of one pick. If Rosen does pan out, then we are ahead by one pick in 2020. If that pick pans out we are batting 1500.

Anything we can get for Rosen in trade turns out to be pure profit. We have just made chicken salad out of chicken poop. All this has been done while enhancing our next draft WITHOUT TANKING.

The Front Office really shined in this set of transactions. I am impressed!

You dont even have to really like the player to appreciate the turnout here. I guess you could complain that a 2nd was too high for Rosen, but looking at it as a whole, the Fins maneuvered very well here.

Instead of just balking at the price, which they initially tought was too high, they were proactive in lowering the price themselves without having to negociate the reduction with ARI.

Im surprised really, early 2nd too pricey? No problem, trade down 15 spots which nets you an extra 2nd and accomplishes

A) Better value for the Rosen Trade,
B) Cheap starting QB with room to grow and
C) AN EXTRA 2ND!

Reality is, Cards did get a 2nd for Rosen, but Fins only paid 15 spots in the 2nd round and a late pick.

That's really all you can do at this point. I just pray that he's either really good or really bad. None of this Tannehill level good where you start thinking he's good enough (when he's really not) and try to build a team around him instead of just pulling the band aid off and finding his replacement. I don't want to go through another 6 years listening to people argue whether Rosen should be the qb of this team. I'm exhausted.

I hear you. I'm exhausted also yet always optimistic!

I'm never happy trading away high picks and feel we should have gotten Rosen for less but........I see the logic of getting a QB that has a ton of potential. I was upset at first last night but I've come around to it. I'm hoping for the best.

He is dolphins now this was there moves from day one. they don't want qb with one yr playing time. their looking for qb that have played 2 to 3 yr in college, should of been a dolphins last yr. so give man chance we need qb bad.

I'm never happy trading away high picks and feel we should have gotten Rosen for less but........I see the logic of getting a QB that has a ton of potential. I was upset at first last night but I've come around to it. I'm hoping for the best.
Fins didnt pay a 2nd for Rosen, the only place you'll hear that line is in Zona when they announce the trade to save face... Fins payed 15 spots in the 2nd round and a couple of mid/late picks, thats it. At this price, Rosen could end up being just a cheap solid backup and this trade is still good value...

Your a tool. Your worrried about a 5th for a QB rated highest in this years QB class.
Better watch the personal attacks friend. Learn how to spell and you’ll be taken more seriously.

Did anyone else find it peculiar that the Patriots traded out of their 2nd round pick (2 picks after the one we traded for Josh Rosen) immediately after we secured Rosen?

I think NE would have traded that pick for Rosen and that’s why we had to stay ahead of that pick to make the deal.

This was a masterful first true draft for Chris Grier so far.

We got Rosen for free! Trade back from the 40s into 62 and flipped it into a 2020 second round pick and Josh Rosen.

Anyone that that has a problem with that or Chris Grier is incompetent.
Actually we got him for a 2020 5th. And I’m perfectly okay with that value.

Did anyone else find it peculiar that the Patriots traded out of their 2nd round pick (2 picks after the one we traded for Josh Rosen) immediately after we secured Rosen?

I think NE would have traded that pick for Rosen and that’s why we had to stay ahead of that pick to make the deal.

This was a masterful first true draft for Chris Grier so far.
Actually I think BB was after the WR the Cards got with our pick. Isabella has been linked to them multiple times and he definitely fits the MO for one type of Patriots receiver.

Back
Top Bottom