Welcome to the 10th Annual Finheaven awards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome to the 10th Annual Finheaven awards

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
The 10th Annual Finheaven Awards process is under way, the nomination and voting process will begin shortly. Without further ado let's get the ball rolling on a great 2018 for all us. The nominations portion will have Finheaven members selecting their top three choices for the year of 2017 in each category, best poster and person of the year will have five choices. Any further choices after the designated limit will not count, so make your selections wisely. After a 7 day period, the nominations will be compiled and the top choices will advance to the voting process.

Each winner will receive a badge in their avatar area recognizing the category they won.

Here are the categories for the 10th Annual Finheaven Awards:

Big Bry's Person of the Year
Best Overall Poster
Best Political Forum Poster
Sports Authority (Other Sports/College Sports)
Rookie of the Year
Best VIP Poster
Lounge Champ
Best Draft Forum Poster
News Hound
Thread of the Year

Last edited:
Perhaps brother Nick we look at next year a category for best up and coming member to the site. The member that has really kicked it into overdrive with quality posts while being a great member of the family.

That's a good idea FFIC, the staff would like to limit the amount of awards though. We don't wanna overwork Bill who has to make badges for all of the winners. He has enough on his plate. We would like a nice round number of 10 awards

Please take note that the best critics poster award will be combined into the Lounge champ.

That's a good idea FFIC, the staff would like to limit the amount of awards though. We don't wanna overwork Bill who has to make badges for all of the winners. He has enough on his plate. We would like a nice round number of 10 awards
Well I don’t make them I just implement them lol

Nominations are over and the voting for awards starts at noon today.

Here are the winners

Man of the year
WildBill

Lounge Champ
Fin Fan in Cali (repeat winner)

POFO
Wally (repeat winner)

Sports authority
Nick

News Poster
UK

VIP
Chambers

Draft poster
J-off

Thread of the year
phins 4 ever

Best poster
Wanny

Rookie of the year
Ray R.

Looks like the pofo needs a tiebreaker unless my counting skills are lacking. A debate seems appropriate. There is something currently trending that would be an interesting topic ...

On another note, I've launched an investigation into what I can only assume to be Russian interference in the Lounge voting. Hacking would be the obvious offense.

There was a tie in the POFO. Buddy being the great guy he is conceded the award to Wally.

I'll pass your concerns as far as possible vote fraud in the Lounge vote along to the proper authorities for investigation.

tenor.gif

There was a tie in the POFO. Buddy being the great guy he is conceded the award to Wally.

I'll pass your concerns as far as possible vote fraud in the Lounge vote along to the proper authorities for investigation.

Conceded the award? How is this a thing? If only there was a better way to determine the winner ...

I demand satisfaction.

(I only wanted the last 30 seconds but whatever)

Conceded the award? How is this a thing? If only there was a better way to determine the winner ...

I demand satisfaction.

(I only wanted the last 30 seconds but whatever)

If it's satisfaction you seek then ****ing yourself you should....

Congrats to the the winners, and a special thanks to our hardworking staff to bring this together this year.

I'm not sure where else to put this, might as well include this here (if you guys can think of a more appropriate place to post this please move it) but Winning the BigBry man of the year award means a lot to me.

First it says something about the quality of the membership I was nominated with, we have some of the greatest members on the interwebs, and I've formed a lifelong friendship with many of these guys. Second, to win it over john, (who was more deserving in my humble opinion) meant that in the the end john actually gave it to me. because if we had gone extra innings, i'm sure it was his. A bit more about john and I, you see a long time ago finheaven had a great crew of people, and eventually those great people had a bit of a falling out. In that falling out, john and I found ourselves on opposite sides of the fence, along with many long time members. Over time, it was john who extended multiple olive branches to multiple dolphins fansites. He's a real hero in this regard. It took me a bit longer to finally accept those branches, but john and I had a few more things in common. One , we both tried our hardest to take the high road in those difficult times. John admittedly succeeded more often than I did. And two John and I share a brotherhood that can't be broken by time, or distance. We're both Jarheads and Simper Fedilus isn't just a catchphrase, it's a way of life. So to win this over such a quality guy, all I can say is, it's his next year.

Finally a shoutout to the man this award is named after... rest in piece Bigbry, you cantankerous big hearted bastard.

Excellent post Bill and you are very deserving of the award.

I propose we make the man of the Year like a kind of hall of fame. Once you have won it you are not eligible to compete again for 5 years. Bump and myself agreed to not compete again and I think that should be the model going forward. This way each year we can honor our top members like John for all they do.

Brother BigBry is surely smile down on us for making this so special.

Back
Top Bottom