Welcome to the world of double standard. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome to the world of double standard.

To play reality advocate Nick Saban the best college HC ever started Tua over Mac. I think I’ll trust his judgment when it comes to talent over a college WR.
and then there is Waddle himself:

(What did you think at the time when you were asked to compare QB Mac Jones and QB Tua Tagovailoa?) – “I mean going with someone you played with, obviously going into a process. So yeah.”

(What did you think at the time when you were asked to compare QB Mac Jones and QB Tua Tagovailoa?) – “I mean going with someone you played with, obviously going into a process. So yeah.”
There it is...Thank you

Thank you! I was trying to find this where Waddle basically said it was to help Jones because Tua was already in the league. Makes sense to me, but some want to use the Waddle comment as yet another way to dig at Tua.

They didn't throw because of the wind. Tell me what games last season we had 30+ mph wind?

Also, most people here arent high on Mac so I don't get your point.
So you’re telling me that if Miami was in the same situation, and Tua only threw the ball 3 times in the entire game, you wouldn’t be using that against Tua to further your take on your dislike for Tua? With all the other “takes” you have on Tua I don’t believe that for a second.

Thank you! I was trying to find this where Waddle basically said it was to help Jones because Tua was already in the league. Makes sense to me, but some want to use the Waddle comment as yet another way to dig at Tua.
so ridiculous, could you imagine saying Tua in that situation?

he had to say Mac, or take the 5th and say nothing (which would have meant Tua).

i don't think anybody minded those guys trying to help out their QB.

Listen, im not a fan of Mac Jones, I don't think the can carry a team, but not just any QB would succeed.

Cam Newton couldn't. Others have failed as well.

When Tua goes 28/30 with 23 of those passes within 5 yards of the LOS we praise him. Don't see why everyone is so against Mac doing the same.
from what i've seen, the game is called that way in New England because it is all Mac Jones can do, and they are scared sh!tless to call it any other way because of HIM.

the game is called that way in Miami because of no OLine, meaning no pass protection and no running attack, where they would love to open it up and let Tua air it out downfield.

he had to say Mac, or take the 5th and say nothing (which would have meant Tua).

i don't think anybody minded those guys trying to help out their QB.
Exactly! That was my first thought when both Waddle and Smith had those answers. I couldn’t believe how much that blew up in the media and the fan base when it was obvious that they were trying to help Mac out

Even when pretty much every draft board has you going to The Dolphins?
I mean, it only takes a second to realize you def arent going to be playing with Jones.

“I mean going with someone you played with, obviously going into a process. So yeah.”
Are you inferring Waddle didnt play with Tua at Alabama?

Last edited:
Even when pretty much every draft board has you going to The Dolphins?
I mean, it only takes a second to realize you def arent going to be playing with Jones.

Are you inferring Waddle didnt play with Tua at Alabama?

I'm not sure I know what you are asking. After this year's game against the Patriots, Waddle was asked about saying he preferred Mac Jones to Tua when asked the previous year.

His answer was that he went with someone he played with that was going into a process (the draft), as the reason he gave the answer he did.

I'm not sure I know what you are asking. After this year's game against the Patriots, Waddle was asked about saying he preferred Mac Jones to Tua when asked the previous year.

His answer was that he went with someone he played with that was going into a process (the draft), as the reason he gave the answer he did.
To play devil's advocate, are you saying your quote was from when Waddle was already a Dolphin, and Tua his QB?

Oh, right. After being drafted by the Dolphins. Gotcha.

Flores mishandled him. Once he put Tua in that’s what the season should’ve been about. Or he never should’ve put him in when he did because he wasn’t ready. He wasn’t ready because he was behind the 8 ball due to a combination of him spending so much time rehabbing his injury with the Covid impacted rookie training camp and preseason limiting his reps and ability to learn a new nfl offense.

It was stupid to put him in when he did and then to just yank him like a yo-yo. For what? We weren’t going to win the super bowl that year. Once he put him in he should’ve stuck with him all year because that’s when the season became about developing your number 5 overall pick at QB. Or, he shouldn’t have put him in until he had command of the offense if he was worried about the playoffs.

Whole debacle made me mad and really was the start of the organization not to mention the media tsunami of
Perception and pressure
That the team already didn’t believe in Tua Dashaun Watson etc etc.

Its par for the course with Flores. Hes mishandled alot more things since coming to Miami. I never cared for the guy and will always look to have him replaced.

I'll say this in regards to Tua. Some might disagree and that's fine. But IF (and its a big IF) Tua doesn't succeed in Miami long term, it won't be because of him. It will be because Flores and Grier **** the bed in terms of handling team business.

Back
Top Bottom